Reviews for SPEW Is Insignificant
gaul1 chapter 5 . 12/8/2014
Good chapter, bye
Imraphel chapter 5 . 5/10/2014
Really interesting and original fic. I can see this ending nastily if the study group cause too mant problems, especially if Harry and Ron have 'gone native' in the Ministry.

One minor factual inaccuracy though; in the UK, unlie the US, there are no local sales taxes. There is a local property tax, known as council tax, which is assessed on both businesses and households, and local authorities raise additional revenue via parking fees and certain service charges. However, the majority (70-80%) of local authority revenue comes via central government, which also hypothecates (in theory) that money to certain areas. (This causes political issues when central government by one party attempts to cut costs, and local government of opposing parties rather than cutting bureaucrats and officaldom chooses to close libraries and schools and parks and rubbish collection, and blames central giovernment, but that's another issue)

I hope you'll continue with this, because it's a very different take on post war HP fics.
RebeccaRoy chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
Wow, yea Ireland is a separate nation to Great Briton, which means that it should have it's own magical ministry. Go Seamus free your people!
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Well, this is both interesting and very true, if house elves are not classified as animals. I am sure they will have to go to court and all for this to change, but it would be a good change indeed.
MuggleCreator chapter 5 . 10/10/2013
Brilliant stuff.

Something to keep note of!
IrishDancer chapter 3 . 8/14/2013
So geographically, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland are both part of the British Isles, and politically for Muggles, Northern Ireland is part of the UK and the Republic of Ireland is a separate nation, but for the Wizarding World Ireland is still part of Great Britain because "since the Statue of Secrecy was put in place in 1692, wizards have not really become aware of Irish independence." St. Patrick and St. Ozymandias have mercy! (In FINNEGAN'S RAINBOW, St. Ozymandias is the patron saint of leprechauns.)
IrishDancer chapter 2 . 8/14/2013
Makes the Wizarding World sound like those areas in Asia or the Mideast, where baksheesh is taken for granted.
IrishDancer chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Reminds me of Josephine Tey's THE DAUGHTER OF TIME, where a bored detective, stuck in the hospital, "solves" the mystery of the Princes in the Tower, only to find out that it had been solved years before. The propaganda was reported; the truth wasn't.
Oracle10 chapter 5 . 7/30/2013
I thought this story had died, but I'm really glad to see it hasn't. I hope you update again in the near future, I do want to know what happens next.
Cassandra30 chapter 5 . 7/29/2013
Excellent! Very informative. Very creative.
narutofan020 chapter 5 . 7/29/2013
Good chapter
loretta537 chapter 4 . 2/6/2013
this is a good story, i cant wait to see what will happen next
Cassandra30 chapter 4 . 1/19/2013
Again, why send it to the Ministry of Magic? Send it to the Prime Minister. He is responsible for seeing that the Laws are equally applied throughout the United Kingdom.
Cassandra30 chapter 3 . 1/19/2013
Again awesome! Long live the Revolution! About time! I do like the idea of a follow up to some of these chapters to flesh out the ideas and tell what did they do about it? What happened in the society?
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 1/19/2013
Awesome! Revolution here we come! I would like to read a chapter where Hermione's letter to the Prime Minister got to him and what he decided to do about it. Did she concentrate on just the house elf problem or tell him there is a whole lot of things out of line with Parliamentary Law?