Reviews for SPEW Is Insignificant
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Love it! Totally terrific idea!
A non mouse chapter 3 . 1/5/2013
Well, it is entertaining enough and reasonably well written, but could do with a bit more research in places. It came across as a bit odd having this Professor talking with such confidence on a topic yet completely mixing up the American and British systems.

In the U.K. sales tax is called V.A.T. (Value added tax). The local level tax is council tax which has nothing to do with sales applying instead to houses.

The VAT rate is set nationally by parliament, and is currently at 20% (having been 17.5% during the period in the Harry Potter books). VAT is almost always included in the label price in shops, which is handy as certain goods are charged at a reduced rate or completely exempt.
Nanchih chapter 4 . 12/28/2012
Quirky, and interesting! Pemberly may just goad the Ministry into pulling their heads out of the sand a bit!
Bomb-O-Maniac chapter 4 . 8/8/2012
I 3 prof. Pemberly. I betcha if he was ministry of magic none of that Voldemort nonesense ever would have happened lol
Fruitality chapter 4 . 8/8/2012
I loved the story so far, and I can't wait for more. You're doing very well capturing how the Ministry views the muggle world. Merlin forbid wizards start acting like those common muggles! I loved the bit with Seamus, but that might be because I love him in general. Professor Pemberly's study hall sure gets things done, doesn't it? I really want to see Harry and Ron's reactions to finding out who sent those letters to the Ministry.
Anon chapter 4 . 8/8/2012
This story is hilarious. I do hav a suggestion though, the fact that this story says complete is misguiding. You should probably change it. Can't wait for the next chapter.
narutofan020 chapter 4 . 8/8/2012
This is just too fun to you keep it up.
ASiriusWriter01 chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
Haha this is funny:) I can't wait for more!
Marlicat chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
lol

Fantastic. Seamus is adorable. :P
rosebud11450 chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
This story is excellent. However, it is more of a base plan for a multi-chaptered story. Possibly a romance between Neville and Hermione, or something. This story doesn't have a resolution, so it feels very incomplete to the reader. I certainly hope you expand upon it, as your writing is great, and fun to read. It is simply hard to feel truly satisfied with a story missing an ending.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 2 . 12/11/2011
Well done. Now the wizards can learn that truism - no representation without taxation!

I quite like Professor Pemberly. He's quite the subversive!
Marlicat chapter 2 . 12/11/2011
Haha. This is really cool, actually. :D

More?
Arpad Hrunta chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Awesome. Good of Professor Pemberly to bring up that Parliament is supreme in all things to his class. A nice little story.

Do we see more of Professor Pemberly in anything else of yours?
Beloved the Dawn chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Oh wow, that's pretty good. I love this little story, you make an excellent point that I don't think anyone has thought of before. I rather like Professor Pemberly, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of him. Cheers.

Beloved the Dawn
q.thews chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Wow, it is so simple that nobody, not even Hermione got it before (or i just don't read enough fanfiction ;) ).

Ciao!