Reviews for Worth
Violettree chapter 5 . 7/31/2011
...Holy chicken. Holmes is scary...

This was awesome.

Yours,

Vtree
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 9 . 7/18/2011
Gripping and well-written, nice one!

:D
H chapter 8 . 1/30/2011
Heey what a great fic this is!

I hope you update it soon!
lovesFanFic chapter 4 . 1/30/2011
I like your dialogue. It seems more modern day than 1800s, but the believability quotient is astronomical.

House and Wilson were based on Holmes and Watson. The series was designed to be about medical detective work, and the creators have stated that they used Doyle's characters as the inspiration. I find it interesting that now House has a girlfriend, and Wilson is alone, vs. in the SH cannon where Watson gets married... anyway. Great writing, gentlemen.
lovesFanFic chapter 2 . 1/30/2011
I love your Watson. He's a lot of fun. Holmes is perfectly true to character.

Not a big one for the story, but...Afghanistan doesn't have jungles. You're thinking India, where Britain also had soldiers (as an occupation force) during that approximate time period. Watson was two countries north, in the desert/mountains/scrub.
Umino Akiko chapter 9 . 1/30/2011
Aww! What a sweet ending. I was a bit bummed that they couldn't keep little Mary. Oh well! Have faith my friends and Watson may yet have a child!
AdidasandPie chapter 9 . 1/29/2011
"Holmes is very fond of children". Ha, that cracked me up, amidst all that death and dying sadness.

Congratulations on a well-written a very satisfying story :) Nice job!
machi-tan chapter 9 . 1/28/2011
aw great ending I loved it and Im glad they didnt keep the baby it didny seem fitting but it was sweet

bravo and I really liked this story
ElvendorkInfinity chapter 9 . 1/28/2011
I read this on my phone earlier and had a whole review typed out, then accidentally deleted it.

This was a perfect ending - touching and hopeful but a little bitter-sweet - the best kind of ending. :) I love how you've portrayed Holmes and Watson's friendship throughout this fic, it's all been true to the characters and I particularly liked Holmes squeezing Watson's shoulder, then "And Watson, because he was Holmes's Watson, his Boswell, his friend, understood." - just amazing. Sums them up beautifully.

I'm glad little Mary is home, but I think that Holmes and - or at least - Watson would keep tabs on her/check up on her from time to time, since they both got attached to her - understandably!

The whole thing was wonderful, thank you for writing!

-Lee x

PS: Yes. I had that all typed on my tiny little mobile phone screen. Imagine how annoyed I was when it was deleted!
nomdeplume30 chapter 9 . 1/28/2011
So sweet and sad and wonderful! I really love how you wrapped this up. And I'm glad baby Mary has such a nice family. It makes them giving her back not so sad. And taking her to her family was the right thing to do. As sweet as it is to see Holmes with a baby (and it was VERY sweet), what on earth would they do with a child in the long term. :) Mrs. Hudson would be expected to be nanny, and I can't see her appreciating that. :) Anyway, wonderful story. Well done.
Illaine Waterhouse chapter 9 . 1/28/2011
*sniffles* cute!

Please please write another story like this?
ruby890 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
awwwwwww to sweet at the end. that was great loved it. you got them down packed.

oh and could you go to this these sites and and thanks.

/entries/95668

/website/302/contests/81494/voteable_entries/14337545
mustangwoman chapter 9 . 1/27/2011
I love the way you ended this story! I agree that having baby Mary stay with Holmes and Watson would not have worked. The scenes you wrote of Sherlock with the baby and the other children were very endearing. I laughed out loud when Watson said, "You mustn't hold her like that. She's a baby, not a book." Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this wonderful tale. I look forward to reading it again from start to finish.
mrspencil chapter 9 . 1/27/2011
Nicely concluded-well done:)

Mrs P:)
Bluebellbird chapter 9 . 1/27/2011
A beautiful, touching ending! Thankyou, very descriptive :)
169 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »