Reviews for Worth
Authoressinhiding chapter 4 . 9/2/2010
Holmes had better hurry! Poor Watson. Of course he's Holmes' friend. Update soon?
Madam'zelleG chapter 4 . 9/2/2010
A most excellent chapter. You've hooked me into this story and I can't wait to see what happens next.
MeadowLark4491 chapter 4 . 9/2/2010
I was trying to figure out how you guys would build that sense of urgency that seems to be one of your trademarks, and you did it in a way I wouldn't have expected. Well chosen with the basement. Bravo on another good chapter.
Go Outside chapter 4 . 9/2/2010
Great chapter. I love how you work in details from Watson's past in such a way that it fits seemlessly into the story. I hope that Holmes manages to track them, maybe with help from the sympathetic brother? I will wait and see. Thanks!
happychica chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Doggonit man, does it look like I have time to read another one of your wonderful stories? How am I supposed to get any studying done when treasures like this still exist to be had? Grrr!

(You guys are absolutely great! There are two of you, aren't there? You do characterization really well, some of the best on this site if not the entire web.)
mrspencil chapter 4 . 9/2/2010
Still going along very nicely, thank you

Mrs P
HADES chapter 4 . 9/2/2010
Awesome chapter, can't wait for more.
Jimmy Candlestick chapter 3 . 8/30/2010
Poor Holmes...I feel like your writing has just gotten better...good job. This is quite an engaging tale, and you seem to have kept their personalities quite well.
JessTheGeek chapter 3 . 8/17/2010
This is such an addictive story, I hope there will be more to read soon! I especially love that Holmes has to create an imaginary Watson to bounce ideas off, he can no longer cope without Watson beside him! His friendship with Watson is also very well written. I really love this story! Please update soon!
JessTheGeek chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
A nice start, I would leave a longer review but I want to go on to the next chapter :P You've written both Holmes and Watson very well and it will be interesting to see what happens on their holiday!
AdidasandPie chapter 3 . 8/15/2010
"Money. Gold. Jewels. Animals"-heh, I thought that was funny. Methinks there's some subtle humor in here (be that one of those moments or not).

Poor Holmes. Poor Watson. Poor us, for having to endure such waits in suspense...
Nytd chapter 3 . 8/15/2010
An effective yet frustrating chapter as we watch Holmes temporarlily stymied by the events on the train.

'When had he stopped keeping the observations to himself? A petulant, sad little voice in the back of his mind screamed since Watson and he pushed the voice back with the others. Memories of his Watson were not the best at keeping his logic infallible.'

This is a great passage, for here Holmes recognizes how much he has become accustomed to Watson's presence.

The rest of the chapter in which Holmes imagines Watson's half of the conversation is well thought out and a pleasure to read. Nicely done!

Looking forward to the next part of the adventure. :)
MeadowLark4491 chapter 3 . 8/13/2010
Where do I begin? Well done. I like how you were able to incorporate a certain amount of emotion here realistically, most people who add emotion to Holmes (especially in the 3rd person) do so to an extent that throws him out of character. You haven't. Bravo.
Nytd chapter 2 . 8/12/2010
This chapter is a great set up for the inevitable vacation adventure with the introduction of the other passengers of significance on the train.

And Watson certainly would be the first person to put himself in harm's way to aid poor Mrs. Birchtold.

'"I told you, Holmes. We never get our holiday."'

Yes, but what fun would it be for us if they did? :)

Enjoying this! Be back for more later! :)
Nytd chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
A promising start with this chapter.

Nicely done with the characterizations.

'"It was a close call today, Holmes." Watson remarked, his hands absent-mindedly trailing along the floor, the table, looking for something, anything, to read.

"We finished the case." Holmes said, almost to himself.'

I like this passage with the two completely different viewpoints of the same situation.

'There were times, when they were deep in a case, where Watson would swear that the world could go to hell in a hand basket and his companion would never notice.'

And this is excellent. :) Most likely true, too.

'This touched Watson in a way that he could never sufficiently explain to someone who didn't know Holmes well.'

But we get it. It is touching.

Intriguing chapter, I look forward to more.

Cheers!