Reviews for Speak Softly
guest chapter 7 . 12/8/2017
incredible story! love how everyone is so in character!
kokoronagomu chapter 7 . 8/25/2017
does this mean that he's going to start carrying daisho? he might be able to carry the katana and the sakabatou with the little dimensional trick methos was supposed to teach them. this was really good, i loved the humor and the characterizations. i hope you've got the sequel somewhere in your profile list as i'm looking forward to reading it... i'm left wanting more.

have you seen the trilogy of action 'rurouni kenshin' movies that were released internationally? they're really great (live action adaptations of an anime/manga series done right) the dvds are out already... they've released a new OVA series and a brand new/different manga story that the movie is partially based on and recently they've started a back story for the main bad guy... hopefully they'll film the next two arcs of the original manga shortly since the trilogy did so great at the box office.

if you copy/paste the following codes in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the trailers :

90ubrsSxrKc -subbed trailer.

yaLOPVAuJs4 -raw character profile trailers.

8qRFhP5PhMk -live action depiction of the dojo fight scene right after kenshin and kaoru met (subbed, but it must be a fan sub as the subtitles aren't the same as the official movie subs).

if you haven't had the chance to see them the movies can be watched online... google 'gooddrama' and search there for 'rurouni kenshin' the movies' links are listed as follows and likely hiding under the cast pictures:
Rurouni Kenshin (2012)
Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno (2014)
Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends (2014)

enjoy!

delighted,
ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
PyruxDeltax chapter 7 . 1/4/2017
What will everyone's reaction to Kenshin returning with his old blade?
Rose Angel chapter 7 . 6/1/2016
Sequel please?
TOSoldtimer chapter 7 . 5/9/2014
Loved it! Highlander/Kenshin Rurouni FICs are so rare, and this one is sooo good. Characterizations were spot on - especially Aoshi's vow of permanent fealty. Can't wait for the sequel. Please.
Catcrazzed chapter 7 . 4/25/2014
nice! After having read it at least three times I still enjoy it.
Are you still thinking about writting a sequel?
Wrath Of The Heavens chapter 7 . 5/16/2013
I just had a idea
Methos wants to see his students in a serious fight and pits them against each other in a sparring match, the only rule being no decapitating allowed.
Watching Kenshin and Saito take vicious pot shots at each other and not having to worry about dying would be a real spectacle to see.
"Goddamn it, Saito that hurt!"
"Shut up and bleed Battousai, I waited too damn long for a chance to maim you!"
I can imagine them lying exhausted, unable to move let alone fight and insulting each others hair.
and then...
"I am not mopping THAT up!" Yahiko points at the many blood splatters that 'Kenshin and Saito's Epic Smack Down' as it would forever be known as, had resulted in.
CrowX chapter 7 . 12/13/2012
Wow, I love it! I adore Ruroni Kenshin and Highlander and to read a crossover with my favorite - Methos - is great. Wonderful story!
Senna Sylvan chapter 7 . 11/16/2012
I was just wondering if there would still be a sequel to this story? It's been a while. :)
darkdranzer chapter 7 . 10/18/2012
omg flail this is epic awesomeee haha methos thought kenshin was weak hehe
kakita101 chapter 7 . 7/3/2012
Hey, i really enjoyed reading this story. It was absolutely amusing. Anyways, I hope you put the sequel up real soon.
Unseen Watcher chapter 6 . 5/4/2012
I'm partly dissapointed that Hiko isn't an immortal as well. But then again Quickening immortality can be somewhat limiting (I prefer to think of Hiko as a concealed dragon youkai that could give Methos a run for his money in the age department, but that's just my little fantasy). Still, I'd hate to see the world continue on with no Hiko in it. Blasphemy. heh. Still love this story. Good for Aoshi.
Lord Mortensen chapter 7 . 3/13/2012
update soon!
Alejandro chapter 7 . 3/2/2012
Hi There ,

wow, deep , very deep.

and somewhat disturbing as i don't really want to see a meeting between Methos and Seijuro Hiko ( on the other hand it's like an accident , you don't want to see it but you can't look away ).

for the Story ... well that's simple : I like it !

cheers