Reviews for Before there was Mercury: Growing Up
Sara Winters chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
lol Wow. I'm surprised that little speech at dinner didn't warrant further punishment. Brilliant.

And Molly, stalk much? Geez, woman.
Needle In A Haystack chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Nice to know how it started!
X59 chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
really good.
lightblue-Nymphadora chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Fab. :)

Are there stories about their time at Madame Tonks's? B/c I feel like I need to read that. Loved their frustration. And Al losing his shit at the end was marvelous. I was hoping he'd crack. Well done!

One question on a structural note: did they learn to read before they learned to walk? (paragraph 2)
MidnightSapphire15 chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
That was an amazingly good start. I really don't have any critique to give you at all.
squeakyswings chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
This was just fabulous - your characterizations are all brilliant, and Rose and Al are so utterly badass.

I laughed out loud at your description of Cho Chang, and I loved the story-line.

SO great.
MysteryMisti2 chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
I finished this story and went back to your page to look for the next one... and then realised that this was the last one. This one was brilliant, as usual. Your stories make me laugh out loud. Albus and Rose remind me scarily of Kurt and Mercedes from Glee, actually. You obviously have a talent for writing and creating great characters, and I really hope to read more about these three in the near future.
over-rehearsed chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Aw, I loved that. i think I'm gonn a start reading the rest of your mercury chronicles stories b and review them all...
drcjsnider chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Oh great stuff... I love this glimpse into Rose's and Al's development. Especially how Al just lays it all out there at the end, once he was tired of taking all the guff from his family. Good for them!
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
This is, as always, delightful. I love that you listed them learning to read together before listing that they learned to walk together. For those two, I can almost imagine it happened in that order.

I also love that they felt they had a common cause. Now I wonder what tribulations Scorpius is going through at the same age, because surely there are "former DE" gatherings as well, although perhaps a bit shabbier.
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Oh, I liked this one! Using the floo to escape and find a pair of cards is such a nine year old thing too! And Harry's password was brilliant and yet so obvious. Same with Rose's first word.

The only thing that felt -out of place, I guess, was Albus's speech at the end. Usually, an upset nine year old gets stubborn, refuses to explain and just insists on what they want before running off. A teenager is more apt to say something that could potentially upset thier parents like that.

But all in all, I enjoyed it and now, I have to add it to my next gen archive.
Bartimus Crotchety chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
You should have titled this "Mercury Begins" yeah you're right that was bad LOL!

So the snarky lil Albus managed to puncture the entire DA before he was even 10...awwwwww so cute!

And those robes makes you wanna eat him up!

kidding.