Reviews for Dark Legion
Rowan Mikaio chapter 39 . 2/26/2006
It's been a long time since I've cried, and longer still for fanfiction.

I'm really glad I read this.

It's made me horribly depressed and horribly introspective, but I think it's insight I needed.

I hope you keep writing.

~Rowan
SaikenRa chapter 39 . 6/25/2005
I must say, you have my utmost respect. Intelligently written fics are extremely rare, and yours are truly among the best.

And, on the personal note, I have yet to see someone whose perception of FF8 and its characters is so similar to mine. It is...almost unnerving.

I hope to see more of your writing in the future.
wellduh chapter 39 . 6/3/2005
Has been so long since I read such good fic. If I weren't in a rush, I could enthusiastically rant about this for hours. No words, though. I loved it. Keep up the great writing.
angel-brokensorrow chapter 39 . 6/17/2004
Y'know...I didn't really think that this story would be good. At first, it didn't interest me. But now...as I re-read the last chapter, i cry. I was wrong.

You can't really see how emotional I am right now. I could tell you, but you do have to see me to know.

This story, 'Dark Legion' is one of the best. I know, I know, I'm probably one of the countless (exaggerating) reviewers who have read this and said that...but it's the truth. The attitudes and insights of the characters are so accurate. It's almost...chilling. Do you work for SquareEnix? (kidding) This story is proof that an imagination can make wonderful things. And, perhaps it may warm your heart or something when you read this (hopefully _ kidding!) but, your story was the first to make me realize this.

I've read a lot of fics. A few were similar to yours...With the GF's a main aspect in them but I can count the number of fics on one hand that were as good as yours. That didn't overdo to content and prescence of them. You truly are a wonderful author. But I need to ask...who's your beta? Cuz he/she did a really good job. Or maybe you don't have one?

I'm going to continue to read more of your fics and hopefully, those stories will be as good as this one but a word to the wise.

Make your summaries a little more interesting. _'
angel-brokensorrow chapter 20 . 6/16/2004
OMG! That was an amazing PART ONE! Holy! To put it simply, THE PLOT, WRITING AND EVERYTHING ELSE was GREAT! I haven't felt this excited about a fic since...well...Ashbear and PasifiKStaR made a brand new fic. Or in Ashbear's case, updated a story BUT STILL! I'm going to keep on reading for a VERY, VERY LONG TIME! I didn't really want to read any FF8 fics but NOW! ...*breathes deeply* Thanks for writing this...NOW I'm going to continue reading.
Razorwind chapter 39 . 4/10/2004
Amazing, absolutely amazing. That waas brilliant, definately the best FFVI fanfic Ive read
Queen000 chapter 39 . 3/3/2004
sorry, i couldn't review until i was finished reading this wonder piece of art.
now for the review...
*clears throat*
HOW COULD YOU? YOU KILLED SEIFER! AND ALMOST MADE ME CRY BECAUSE OF IT TOO! Meanie! oh god, now you've got me sounding like Rinoa! i really should hurt u for this. but i won't because it was so well written...
but seriously, HOW COULD YOU KILL SEIFER! that was so terribly sad! the part where Squall gives Laguna a chance is wonderful and all, but you still _KILLED_ Seifer!
Inner Krillin: I think you've stressed that enough, don't you?
okay, i've gotten that part out of my system...
...and now for the next part of the rant...
*clears throat again*
YOU BASTARD! YOU KILLED BAHAMAT! IS YOUR HEART MADE OF STONE OR SOMETHING? SURE HE WAS A JERK AT THE BEGINNING OF THE STORY BUT HE WAS ALSO ONE OF THE BEST GFS' IN THE FUCKING GAME!
It's great about how Quezacotl took over and is trying to mend things between the GF's and Squall and everything but you still _KILLED_ Bahamat! AND SEIFER!
Inner Krillin: i thought you said you were done ranting about Seifers' death.
okay, okay, okay, now i'm done. overall tis a really good story.
Inner Krillin: If you can make this heartless hap cry, then you must be really good.
*hits Inner Krillin over the head with chainsaw* okay, you can shut up now.
Ciao (and write a Sequel where you bring Seifer back)
Queen000 chapter 33 . 3/3/2004
i loved the practical joke that Squall played on Zell...oh, sorry. his 'experiment' *says this sarcastically*
i feel really bad about Seifer. i mean, he just wanted to redeem himself and now it seems he feels he can't even do that. poor guy. i hope he decides to hang out until the end-until Dyne is finally dead.
and he made an AWESOME leader!
Ciao (for now)
Queen000 chapter 20 . 3/2/2004
*has just finished reading the chapter*
AH! OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! THIS IS SO HORRIBLE! THEY'RE SCREWED! THEY ARE SO UNBELIEVABLY SCREWED!
they're all gonna die, and Squalls' gonna be responsible...
must read the rest! ciao
Queen000 chapter 8 . 3/2/2004
okay! now i have to submit a review...this story is so totally awesome! I would've reviewed sooner, but i've been too busy sitting on the edge of my seat. :P
anyways, i would like to make a guess as to why they got Selphie. either she was another main participant in the Sorceress War (meaning the rest of the SeeDs are in deep shit as well) or they were trying to get Squall, but got someone else instead. :D
and Diablos is there too? i was wondering where he was.
anyways, i can't wait until the next chapter.
Ciao
Tonia Barone chapter 40 . 11/6/2003
My god. *stares* I didn't think I'd like this. I think I did. For one, love yer Nida. Fav scene in the entire fic is when he's tryin' t' get everyone's attention when he's landed the Ragnorok and finally does so by sayin' he stole Squall's gunblade. Funny as hell. Also loved Squall's comment about walking out of the Ragnorok with no parachute. Was when Seifer an' Zell were Stopped, I believe. Amazing fic. Wow. Love how you worked the GFs. Amazing. Very touching last chap, too. Try as I might, I could not keep from crying. Good fic. And this is the beginning of a mini-verse? Wow. Can't wait to read the rest. Props an' congrats on a most excellent fic. Thank you SO much for sharing.
myeerah chapter 40 . 8/17/2003
Absolutely beautiful. :) Suspenseful, perfectly in character, emotional. . . an instant favorite. Thanks for writing this.
drunken romantics chapter 7 . 1/18/2003
I haven't read this story in about a year, and it's about time I read it! _ I remember I absolutely loved this story.. good job!
Quycksylver chapter 40 . 10/26/2002
What can I say...this was absolutely...breath-taking. While I *hated* that Seifer died (gotta love that bad boy!)...I also think you made the right choice in ending the fic that way.

As always, there's so much good stuff here...the presentation of the GFs...the explanations of all the loose ends in FF8...the final Squall/Laguna scene...and, of course, Nida..mwaha (that scene still cracks me up every time I think about it).

Anyway...I loved this-as I do all your work. And now, I suppose it's on to the Appendix...

~Q~
Quycksylver the eternally lazy chapter 17 . 10/22/2002
I'm finally making my way through this fic...slowly but surely. I had to stop to review this chapter, however...Nida absolutely cracked me up!

"You are all deaf, blind worms, and I am ashamed to be taking orders from you"

"The deck shall be steeped in the blood of the unbelievers"

Oh man...I was at work when I read that...not good...

Anyway...am loving this fic so far. Maybe some day, I'll live to reach the end of it _

~Q~