Reviews for The Senator in the Scarecrow
Still A Mystery chapter 17 . 10/30/2010
Still enjoying this story. Kinda creepy that Parker was talking to crazy lady's daughter though! Looking forward to the next chapter.

~SAM
lovedowntoviolethill chapter 17 . 10/30/2010
This story is soooo good! You have two good storylines going on: Booth and Bones and the actual murder case. You are a great writer, so please update soon!
hot4booth chapter 17 . 10/30/2010
Well, I'm afraid you just lost a reader. I'm very insulted on your stereotypical view of people with mental illnesses. You may want to reread these paragraphs from another perspective:

"Maybe Senator Williams has got a crazy gene he's passing on to all of his children," Donaldson said, rolling his eyes. "We haven't encountered a sane one yet. Well... Helen Rettinger seems nice enough."

"You'd think so, but if you dig a little deeper you'll find that's not the case at all," Quentin said. "She's got a wonderful life now, of course, but as a teenager she had some real issues. She was hospitalized, briefly, for bi-polar depression."

"Well, her mother had that." Donaldson said. "So we've got a whole family that's rife with mental illness, and we don't know where two of them are."

"We can't only that any one of them had anything to do with the murders we're investigating," Quentin said pragmatically.

"True enough. I've got to get Booth on the phone - he's going to want to know. Not much he can do about it from the middle of nowhere, but he's going to want to know."

Seriously? People with a mental illness are not nice? And they are automatically suspect of a crime? "Crazy" is definitely not word I would use in this politically correct world. Is someone with bi-polar automatically a sociopath? Kind of hard to tell what you're thinking about that. It's kind of interesting that you have this written in the same chapter as a definition of the word "paranoia." It seems that you may suffer from that yourself.

I didn't read past this, but I didn't need to. It already said enough. And the sentence that starts off saying "We can't only..." It doesn't make any sense.
luckywynner86 chapter 16 . 10/7/2010
Aaawww... They're so hot and sweet at the same time. What did Cam find? I'm sure all of us want to know. lol
Alicat76 chapter 16 . 9/30/2010
I've read this story from the beginning over the past few days, and I can't tell you how wonderful it is! I've loved every single chapter so far :) But now I can't help wondering if this is the calm before the storm... I have a feeling something bad is going to happen to one, both or all of them. I have my own theory on who Dorothy is but I'm keeping my opinions to myself (mainly because they're probably wrong lol). I can't wait to find out more :)

Sorry to hear about your joints :( Hope you feel better soon x
and she knew love chapter 3 . 9/26/2010
Back to being partners, I see. They seem to be adjusting pretty well right now, but that moment at the end with the trooper gives us a little insight into what happened in Afghanistan and that Booth might have a little more trouble adjusting than he's letting on. And Bones is always Bones; I don't think anything short of apocolypse could change her.

I loved the teams dynamic back in D.C.! They're all so incredibly in character, especially Cam's dry humor and Hodgins cutting himself off in his dialogue with "neither one of you is listening, and neither one of you cares." It was just such a Hodgins-esque remark that I laughed aloud.
and she knew love chapter 2 . 9/26/2010
Oh, Parker's so adorable. Which makes me that much angrier at poor Hacker (more directly, at the President) for detaining Booth and happier with Rebecca for being so no-nonsense. I don't remember much about Rebecca from the show, but I love how you portrayed her in this chapter.

I enjoyed the brief look we got at Angela, Hodgins, and Cam. Too bad they're preparing for a meeting that isn't going to happen, seeing as the people they want to see are en route to Kansas.

Loved, loved, loved the returned dynamic between Booth and Bones, especially when they're talking with Donaldson. They haven't changed at all, from what I can see, but at the same time, they have, as demonstrated by Brennan's uncharacteristic touch at the end of the chapter.

Oh yeah, and I'm really liking the Wizard of Oz theme going on :)
and she knew love chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
I love how you set up the beginning of the story! From the moment Hacker told us that Booth and Bones had just returned from their respective ends of the earth, I knew there was absolutely going to be resistance from both parties, and most of the time when they resist, it's in a way that makes me grin from ear to ear. Loved the humor in this, especially Booth cursing (how very like him and yet not like him at all) and Bones commenting on how she's only cranky in the presence of idiots. How snappy she is with the agents reminds me of how she was with Booth when they first met :) The case sounds interesting already, and the end where Bones and Booth reunite made my smile even wider, if possible.

Fantastic start! I'm just going to keep reading now...
Skole chapter 16 . 9/23/2010
Hello!

I have spent some time over the past day or so, reading and catching up to this point in your story.

Firstly, WOW! Congratulations on an epic tale...beautifully structured, brilliantly executed, and engaging the reader on so many levels.

Secondly, I think that your characterisations are first class. Your original characters (even if they are inspired by those in the real world) are fabulous. Then the very in-character dance that you have our known protagonists do across the Kansas canvas that provides the backdrop for your very original plot interpretation; seriously, seriously good!

There are so many things that I adore about this fic...the thing that tickled me most was Rebecca going all Cougar Town with Sweets. Not something I would have ever considered plausible, until now... I totally bought your version of events & would love to see it play out.

The B&B elements of this tale are really strong, particularly so for Booth.

So, all I have to do now is wait for you to update...say you will? *bats eyelashes*
BoothyBones - Lisa chapter 16 . 9/21/2010
Thanks so much for the chapter! I'm sorry you weren't feeling well, but you can't tell that from your writing:)

I loved seeing more B/B connection in this one and I'm curious to see if they'll be able to follow through on their night-time plans ;)
Hikari-Kayko chapter 16 . 9/20/2010
NO! to short! lol. i'd like to get to the "satisfactory" part now please. XD please update again soon!

~HIKARi
Arcadiacity chapter 16 . 9/20/2010
Thanks for adding a little more fluff this chapter, love it! Not sure if I've told you before, but you've captured Brennan's vocabulary incredibly well. Overly articulate and slightly awkward, so true to character. Great job!
hot4booth chapter 16 . 9/20/2010
"This is good," Booth said, and kissed the top of her head. "This is really good, Bones."

And this chapter was really good, too! I need more, soon!
NatesMama chapter 16 . 9/20/2010
Awww...coitus-interruptus and a dance. Very sweet. :)

But something is fishy with the Rettingers..I just don't know what.
DME82 chapter 16 . 9/20/2010
*Sigh* B&B are so sweet and go Brennan ;) I'm almost a little too nervous that Sweets is right and all the stress from Booth's time overseas is really going to come between them... I'll just keep my fingers crossed, that if it does, it doesn't get too bad.

This is one of the most interesting cases too!

Oh, and Love Mrs. Hoake!