Reviews for Happiness Is Only a Mask Away
InsaneScriptist chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
There needs to be a fic follow-up done about how lacking in morals children generally are and that's why they have faries to be their conscious since being stuck as children permanently has to result in a society that has decidedly odd morals that aren't quite acceptable by Hylian standards. Children look at promises differently than adults after all.
This odd society might be why the more war-inclined children have actual weapons that they know how to use/make and use well on the various monsters in the woods and those that don't belong to the woods. That might explain what happened to Link's mother in the first place. After all, it's known that only the Kokri and monsters are found in the wood but only the faries know how close they actually are...
Ali chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
This is a fantastic fic! Plz write about hms
more! Loved the fear element!
QueenSyanna chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Oooooooooooooook
jbracy chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
this story is really funny please add more chapters
GarrulousGibberish chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Pfffffffft. :D That was great. Very entertaining for such a short piece!
Beccars chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
"See this is your problem, you don't care about people."

... That bit in particular. I died.

lovelovelove this.
Spiritual Stone chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
... Nice. XD
SoftcoreOtaku chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Nice. XD

I was expecting at least a mention of Majora's Mask, honestly. If the Happy Mask Salesman hadn't had Majora's Mask in the first place, it would've saved Link a lot of trouble...

-SO
Feuer der Nacht chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Loved it. The HMS always rubbed me the wrong way.

May I suggest a sequel where he the happy mask salesman meets him in termina as the deku scrub and then faints when he plays the song of healing and the scrub turns out to be Link. I think that Link would say that he ripped him off and didn't give him Majora because he ripped him off in the past or somethin
Guest chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Torture? This' a pretty weak excuse for torture, if y' ask me. 'Scare the crap out of' is more like it.
Foxpilot chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
"Happiness is Only a Mask Away." Aka, "Why the Happy Mask Salesman is in Termina during Majora's Mask." This is definitely a strange take on the HMS, as well as everyone's favorite woodland child. Who knew that Link was this malicious? Perhaps being raised by hyper-moral sprites wasn't the best thing for him as a hero.

There are probably a lot of people who will be happy with this. I am, myself. For some reason, people don't seem to like the Happy Mask Salesman.

The writing was good, but the story needed a fair amount more commas. That would be the biggest improvement to this story.
Fibonacci to Infinity chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I always hated that guy... D: Great fic!
BleachedredViolet chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Great vocabulary and the story flowed really well. It's interesting to read about a disturbed Link rather than a heroic one: a nice change compared to what is usually posted on here.

A couple of things: you had a few grammar mistakes that I could see, mainly improper use of semi-colons and repetition of words. Just remember that semi-colons separate two sentences. Maybe try just a regular colon instead, which might be more suitable to your style of writing, from what I can see. Watch out for present tense-past tense changes as well.

I thought your POV changes were really interesting, and you really captured the personality of the Happy Mask Salesman. Nice work!

-Jellisoup