Reviews for Beyond Beginnings
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Hmm, I found this one pretty enjoyable. I like how it all kind of runs together towards the end. And I've always wondered just how much off-screen training we missed in the show, even for just the basics like these things.

But what I really enjoyed about this is that Bruce seems to be testing Terry's mentality more than his physical ability. Because yes, the ability to kick ass as Batman is sort of a very important factor...but Terry's been kicking ass anyway since he was introduced. The mental discipline and determination to keep on going even when you're just a normal human in a world full of crazy superpowered people, and still stick to the goals and ideals of being a Batman, is the very essence of what Batman IS. The fact that Terry is able to pull through the training and still lecture Bruce about what Batman is, is really something. He definitely proved he was ready to be more than a sidekick then. Great ending :)

And as a side note...I love the part about Terry having to figure out how to break into the batcave all over again every day XD

Nice, enjoyable read!

VelkynKarma
Guest chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
oh yeah, batman broke terry in XD until he had the resolve! awesome!
KatieH42 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Very nice!
Qu33rzi chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
nicely done.
Violentshadow chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Awesome-ness ending.
SilverKnight chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
The rampant use of run-on sentences makes it kind of hard to read. :( I mean, I understand it's stream of consciousness, but that's why we use written languages; to turn them into coherent thoughts. Good idea, though.
Nikkou-tan chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Nice, and as per expected of Bruce, poor Terry though
Anon chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Wow... that was beautiful. But... child abuse much? Sorry, I'm currently listening to a song about child abuse.
SiaAhn Sacham chapter 1 . 6/24/2010