Reviews for The High Cost of Living
Arisa K chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I actually enjoy creepy things like this. It's a new take on what could have happened, even if it's gross and nauseating. Your flow here was wonderful and even if it was a short piece, it held my attention every second. VERY well done.
erichai chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
blegh, this was such a creepy-crawly read for me just because norg is a whole lot of blubbary grossness and quistis is the representation of all things opposite! but anyways, great job as always although im curious as to what inspired you to write this couple besides the challenge lol. btw, the word count is exactly 666! was that a coincidence for this fic :D
sissyHIYAH chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Oh my fucking God...

Can I be repulsed and giggling at the same time? This is oddly beautiful, though the part of me that wants to fit in with society is saying, "Shut up, ya idiot. A frickin' marshmallow wants to make out with a blonde in a basement. Ya ain't supposed to enjoy this."

That comparison to the sun was lovely, even though it was creepy as hell too. I'm digging the way Quistis' suitor gave her such an elaborate gift.

Perhaps a sequel? Explaining just how her lack of 'leadership qualities' played a part in this very unique take you have?
Saber Wing chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Very well-written, and definitely original. If I'd ever seen this pairing before, I would have remembered without a doubt.

*shudder* Creepy and nasty, but interesting.
Clement Rage chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Wow, Quistis and NORG? Didn't see that coming, but it's written believably. Not sure I like that he had her made instructor, but it's your fic.
Vysage chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Ooooh careful Quisty, you're gonna get eaten. D:
C. Nichole chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Ahh! I remember this- also remember thinking: whoa, weird. It's still weird, but I like it.

With a prompt like "kissing" most people go with the typical pairings- this is just so much more interesting and down right creepy. NORG ugh, but I love this take on how Quistis became the youngest instructor in Balamb- because I've wondered how that would have been possible.

And this certainly seems plausable, though incredibly icky. Which is why it's so FUN to read, I love that emotional response- that ugh, ick! That's what I'm looking for!

So glad you reposted!
irishais chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I was actually just thinking about this fic the other day; what appropriate timing to find it posted here!