Reviews for Pop Rocks!
Snoofman21 chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
I must say this is quite humorous. I hope that you make more parody stories, though for a parody it actually has quite a serious tone to it.

Here's one:

Na'vi finds cell pone. Na'vi picks up cell phone. "Someone call 911" Na'vi freaks. Na'vi smashes cell.

Human says "Please tell me you called the paramedics before you smashed my phone."

Keep up the good work.
E. Taylor chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
LOL! Epic win. Awesome little story. :D
Epidot chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Poor, poor Na'vi. It is not easy to develope a sweet tooth with no candy store around.
Moonlight and Mischief chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
That was fantastically hilarious. Especially as it is weirdly plausible.

Cause it is the weird as hell things that will convince people to trade with others. Imagine if they just sent the entire Willy Wonka line as well.

LOVED the Firefly reference. Got the song stuck in my head and the rest of that scene playing right along in my mind ("Everywhere I go his eyes follow me...")

Fun little update. I echo the idea that you could go farther with this. Easily.

. *hint*

Til next time!

PS. I totally hadn't noticed when watching the movie that it was called 'unobtanium'. I'm supposing that was a creativity fail. Or the best name for an element ever...
Lion in the Land chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Yep, you're funny in this universe too. ;) "Will trade Unobtanium for Pop Rocks." Haha. Perfect ending.

And I had a couple chuckles early on too, like w/ the bean bag chair "some things never went completely out of style" and the "classic, though short lived, Sci-Fi show" - I'll just bet Norm's a fan.

It's too funny that Pop Rocks would end up being the thing that the Na'avi want from humans. Way too funny. But really, Pop Rocks ARE pretty cool. And it looks like Jake has shown them how to finally negotiate and compromise with another species. Who knows, perhaps they'll even be able to let go a little bit of their "racism," ey?

Ya know, I hear James Cameron has a sequel planned. Perhaps you can sell him on Pop Rocks as a major theme. :P

Fun story, Metro. Glad you were inspired.

-LiLa
Satan Santa chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Highly entertaining, good job.

You wouldn't happen to play half-life two would you? :P
Terra Blue chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Clever and hilarious. Simply put...I loved it! Pop Rocks, of all things! LOL!
sana-dracios chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
this HAS to be one of the best thought out humor fics on the web. i love it

50000 stars out of five for amazing idea
DurWi chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
A delightful story. Wish bad things in our world could be solved as simply. A darker version would have

the Na'vi developing space flight and invading earth to get their 'rocks'. Glad you had a happier solution.
Neytiri chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Oh my god I literally just laughed so hard I cried. That's amazing, maybe you can write a sequel where they get addicted to Halo ;) Oh god, imagine the Na'vi reading Twilight! *scarred for life*
Haissan chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Will trade Unobtanium for Pop Rocks

Oh wow that is freaking hilarius, well you my friend have managed to absolutely make me giggle...(I have a buzz...)
26 | « Prev Page 1 2