Reviews for The Shepherd
evilteddybear chapter 2 . 5/2/2012
Are you aware that there are no quotation marks around dialog in this story? I would love to read it, but this lack makes it very uncomfortable.
random reader chapter 19 . 10/15/2004
I just found this story, and it is really nice...

I love how you incorportated Eve into the Harry Potter universe without making her into a Mary-Sue; in fact, I like the lack of Harry etc! And your characterization of Professor Snape...lovely.

Am now progressing onto your profile to see if you've written any more!
Persephone Lupin chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
Great story! Your Snape is brilliant! Very much in character. And Eve is a wonderful invention of yours. Glad, there is a sequel, have to check it out as soon as possible.
Ishie chapter 19 . 7/10/2003
You did a really great job with this story. I love how you filled in around the canon with Snape. I especially love how your OC is completely uninvolved with the Trio. Very refreshing! Eve is a delight to read. Her development, both personal and magical, throughout the story rings true. Also, she's very realistic and human, and so is Snape for that matter. The non-canon dialogue you've written for him is very "in character" and flows well with the overall story of PoA. (Have you found new inspiration in OOtP at all?)

One of my favorite parts of the story was the parallel between Eve's friend Dee and Lupin. I don't know how JKR intends for lycanthropy to be seen, but an HIV/AIDS analogy, I think, is very fitting.

I really can't wait to read another story about Eve! You've very seamlessly fit her into the magical world (and at a difficult age, too) and I think seeing her in a teaching capacity is going to be great. Hopefully, by putting her in a non-canon based story, you'll find it easier! Please, email me when you get started on the next book if it's not too much trouble. I'm waiting on the edge of my seat! (My address is in my profile)
Alida-Fruit chapter 19 . 5/19/2003
A touching end. I am glad Eve and Snape left each other on a peaceful, understanding note. Excellent story you have here. I really enjoyed reading it and I envy you your fluent and smooth writing style. Where I am pretty confident about my poetry I have done very little prose writing so I am much more self-conscious about it. I do hope you plan on posting more here soon!

Take Care Until Then

Alida-Fruit chapter 18 . 5/19/2003
Oh - the story is finishing - I can feel it winding down now and that is a rather sad feeling. Poor Lupin - I am glad J. Rowling (am I spelling that right?) is planning on bringing him back in future books cause he was a good character.

Alida-Fruit chapter 17 . 5/19/2003
E Gats! I just want to hit Snape over the back of his head and tell him to open his eyes. Don't get me wrong - I do feel really bad for him but I mean - gack! Try not to be blinded by your own problems.

I really liked the scene between Dumbledore and Snape. It was deep and well thought out. Showed a nice level between their friendship.

Alida-Fruit chapter 16 . 5/19/2003
Poor Snape - poor blind, stupid, bitter Snape. Ah - that was one of the best chapters yet. My eyes were glued to the words.

Must keep reading.

Alida-Fruit chapter 14 . 5/19/2003
Oh... I see no good coming from that discovey. Yeeps! Eve and Snape are going to have some uncomfortable moments in the coming chapters. Poor Snape - his past is always going to haunt him.

Dumbledore in a Muggle romance - I liked the idea. Poor guy - it would suck to have those you love die around you - makes you wonder if immortality would be more curse then gift. Food for thought at any rate.

Alida-Fruit chapter 13 . 5/18/2003
A nice little serious chapter. It will be an eye opener for Eve I think but you are right - there are a lot of connections between the Death Eaters and the Nazi's. Interesting essay topic at any rate.

Alida-Fruit chapter 12 . 5/18/2003
Oh - intense scene. That one in the book had me on the edge of my seat and re-reading it from this different perspective was no different. Very intense scene.

Sorry for the short reviews again - I am getting tired and my mind is just not functioning clearly so comments are just not forming themselves.

Alida-Fruit chapter 11 . 5/18/2003
Thehehehe - Way to go Eve! *imagines Snape flying backwards into the snow* Well, he did deserve it. Anyone else would have called out to let her know who was there and Snape does need to have his pride pricked on occassion.

Alida-Fruit chapter 10 . 5/18/2003
Another good chapter - I am not sure what else to comment on - but I did want to tell you I liked it. Poor grumpy Snape. Nightmares are not nice and I think you making him have them add’s to his character. Again - little character details like that add such depths to your story. Well done.

Alida-Fruit chapter 9 . 5/18/2003
These tutorials with Snape remind me of my chemistry labs. I had an awful TA who use to quiz you constantly about the readings and criticize you if you made a mistake. I can really sympathize with her position because I have lived it.

I liked the Scrooge (sp?) / Snape parallel. Nice little literary allusion.

Alida-Fruit chapter 8 . 5/18/2003
I love Dumbledore. I know I said that in an earlier review as well but you just make him so fatherly, wise and compassionate. You have his character down pact. I have problems keeping characterization and you just make it look so easy. Nicely done.

51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »