Reviews for Remain
Guest chapter 8 . 1/27/2015
That was an unexpected ending.. But I still love it to the max! Great job author
bridmatt chapter 8 . 1/25/2015
Thank you for writing the conclusion to this fic! That was very kind of you, not only for us, but for yourself as well since it seems to have brought you some closure. I'm happy to hear that. :)

All things considered, I thought you tied everything up remarkably well. I can see in your story notes that there were maybe a few more things you might have originally wanted to include (like Naruto's conversation with Gaara), but I think you got all the necessary stuff in and, most importantly, did a fine job of addressing the issues that were present in the chapters for the fic that had actually been written. I can live without seeing Naruto and Gaara talk things out. What was truly important was seeing Naruto and Sasuke finally come to some resolution about the past, and we got that.

I liked that you let them both address the things that had been bothering them. While Sasuke got the longer speech because he had the most explaining to do, I liked that Naruto finally got to ask him the question that had been bothering him, whether they could have ever made it work under other circumstances. And I liked that Sasuke's response was realistic and helped them both let go of the what-ifs and face the future.

I think letting go of all the things that were holding them back (the guilt, the unanswered questions), while avoiding complicating matters and adding more things to feel bad about were key to both of them being able to grow from this experience. For example, I never felt that Gaara and Naruto were quite right for each other, so I was glad that afterward, their relationship was allowed to run its course. I think if Naruto had broken up with Gaara to be with Sasuke, they still would have had what-ifs hanging over their heads. (What if Naruto could have been happier with Gaara. What if the breakup was the wrong choice.) This way, Naruto at least knows that he didn't compromise himself any further for Sasuke, and that what he and Gaara had just wasn't right for him.

Now whether Naruto and Sasuke succeed or fail as a couple, it will be strictly because of how compatible they are, not because of external forces tearing them apart. They won't have guilt, spouses, or unanswered questions hanging over their heads. I'm a big sap, so I, personally, would like to believe that they succeed in their second chance. They both resolved not to dwell in the past during their big conversation, so I'd like to hope it wasn't the past that's brought them back together, that there's more than nostalgia fueling their reunion. I'd like to believe that they reunited over a hope for the future, over the mutual realization that their feelings still existed and were worth exploring. I also hope that they believe there's something between them that's strong enough to build off of and grow into something even better. And finally, I'd like to think they are both more mature now than they had been in the past, and that they are ready to learn from their mistakes. If they have all of these things in mind and aren't just over-glamorizing the past, then surely they have a good shot at happiness together.

Good luck to you and wherever life takes you. :)
Shadeofblue chapter 8 . 1/24/2015
Thank you so much for coming back to write this last chapter. I love this and the prequel. I thought you handled their emotions perfectly. I'd like to think that Sasuke and Naruto ended up working things out this time :-) thank you for writing this!
Kuro Mitsu chapter 8 . 1/19/2015
I was very happy to see this update, Stay is still one of my all-time favorite stories and this was a great ending to its sequel. I like how you left it kind of open for the reader to imagine whether they ultimately stay together. Great story overall and I'm glad you were able to finish it. Good luck with your writing in other fandoms!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/29/2013
Wut. Wut. Wut happened. Y no update... Please please please update
bridmatt chapter 6 . 4/23/2013
I'm glad there's a sequel to Stay because I feel like more could still be done with Naruto and Sasuke as characters. The plot of Stay ended well. It was clear Stay was about giving Naruto the courage he needed to walk out of a troubled relationship. But Stay left me with a lot of questions about Sasuke, so I'm glad we get to see more of his perspective this time around. If anything, I would say Remain is a little more Sasuke's fic than Naruto's because we see much, much more of his world and the things he's dealing with in this fic, and also, I think he's got to do a bit more mental and emotional work than Naruto has to do before he can be happy.

In this fic, the main thing Naruto has to do is exorcise the little bit of his past with Sasuke that remains. Maybe that means he'll be able to tell Gaara about Sasuke, or maybe it means he'll continue to keep that private and agree to move in with Gaara. Maybe getting rid of his past hangups will allow Naruto to move forward with Gaara, or maybe it will allow him to start afresh with Sasuke.

Perhaps you even mean to put the shoe on the other foot and have Naruto be the one who's in a relationship with a person he's comfortable with, but doesn't entirely make him happy, while also having something going on with Sasuke. (I can't see them be stupid enough to have another affair, but they can be emotionally involved even if they're not physically involved.) Perhaps repeating history in this way will allow Naruto to better understand the past if he's able to understand the position Sasuke was in, and maybe it will allow Sasuke to truly makes amends if he feels a bit led on the way Naruto once felt.

In contrast, I think Sasuke has more work to do because unlike Naruto who really only has to figure things out for himself, Sasuke has to figure things out with Sakura, Naruto, AND himself. He has to accept his own mistakes, accept that maybe he might not be able to make Naruto happy the way he is now (and change himself), and somehow make amends with Naruto and Sakura so that they can truly move on from the past. It's a positive thing that Sasuke is out now (I'd be interested in seeing some of the homophobia he has to deal with as a way of explaining why he'd buried himself so far deeply into the closet. Is being a gay cop a problem for him at work? The bar fight from the previous fic only hinted at this.) I think even if the fic ends GaaNaru again, it would be a good ending for Sasuke if we walk away from the fic feeling like the next time he gets into a relationship with someone, he'll be able to make that person happy.

I don't think Sasuke is a terrible person. He hadn't allowed himself to accept that he was gay until he met Naruto, so he wasn't exactly in an easy position figuring it out after he got married, and to his best friend, a girl he'd been with for 8 years. He essentially broke his "Kiba's" heart. That's tough. I also give him credit for telling Naruto fairly early on in the relationship. Where he went wrong was in allowing himself to become comfortable with the situation between himself, Naruto, and Sakura, and not making a decision much, much sooner. If Naruto hadn't made the decision himself to walk away, Sasuke probably would've let it go on indefinitely. And if he didn't, as Kakashi said, going from an affair to a real relationship wouldn't have done the relationship any favors.

As for Gaara, I'm not all that attached to him. It's good he seems to make Naruto happy, but meh. He didn't show up until the very end of the 7th chapter in the previous fic, so I didn't get all that attached to him in Stay. Though his dates with Naruto were cute enough. But rather than Gaara specifically, the dates were more about Naruto being able to give *someone* a chance. I also find it problematic that in some ways, Naruto saw Gaara as Sasuke-lite. For that reason alone, if he really wanted to move on from Sasuke, he should have picked someone else. And besides all that, I really didn't like his confrontation with Kiba. What gave him the right to do that? Kiba was right to be offended about Gaara's insinuation he and Naruto were having an affair. And he jumped to such a wild conclusion simply because Naruto was being moody and said he had stuff he couldn't talk about yet. That's not exactly incriminating. What happened to trusting your partner?
Sighcoe chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
Oh my #$$%#$%#$%# Gawd! You stop it when the story's just about to get really good. Where's the next chapter huny?
TheMrsBrightside chapter 6 . 8/25/2012
OMG... i can't help but cry... for Sasuke, Naruto and Gaara TT they deserve to be happy... *cries* i hate Sasuke for doing that to Naru-chan but but... the two of them seem to be the "so right but so wrong" -pfffft - btw reading this story makes me remember the song Broken Arrow by Pixie Lott... it kinda decribes what Naru-chan's feeling right now... especially with this lyrics
"He's the thorn in my flesh
That I can't take out
He's stealing my breath
When you're around,
And now you're trying to convince me,
He wasn't worth it,
But you can't complete me,
It's the part that he's missing,
I miss him, I'm missing him,
Oh I miss him I miss him, i'm missing him,

And you're sitting in the front row,
Wana be first in line,
Sitting by my window,
Giving me all your time,
You could be my hero,
If only I could let go,
But his love has still hit me,
Like a broken arrow.

What do you do
When your hearts in two places?
You feel great but you're torn inside.
You feel love but you just can't embrace it,
When you found the right one at the wrong time."

*sniff sniff* puhleaze update soon...
giggles88 chapter 6 . 5/8/2012
plz plz plz continue this fic! i've been hooked since 2010 and would love to see what happens next!
gummybear1620 chapter 6 . 11/8/2011
Ehehe, my kind of late review, sorry! (stupid Life got in the way...) but, anyway, I loved this chapter too! We got to see Gaara try and figure out what's up with Naruto, and with Kiba no less XD I really like the way you described Naruto in university- it sounds exactly like how he is in canon (well, except the good grades thing, but lol this is real life)

And then it also made me hate Sasuke some more T_T how could he make Naruto all drawn into himself? He deserves to be loud! Outgoing! Aghh!

Even despite all that though, I have to admit I was so excited when Sasuke came...and then it ended. Cliffhangers will be the death of me one day, I swear! (Oh, I also gained a new respect for Gaara. He's so sweet to Naruto, I almost hope he ends up with him, but Sasuke...is the drug! ha!)

I wonder when Naruto will tell Gaara, will Sasuke sort this all out, will Kiba become even more the guard dog..? AND MOST OF ALL: WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? :D Update soon!
kiki2222 chapter 6 . 11/7/2011
Love this story a lot!
SilverSauce chapter 6 . 11/6/2011
you would end it there
AVAuchiha chapter 6 . 11/3/2011
Really good but ah too short!

Update soon!

I love Gaara but he's just not for Naruto (for me)

Plus...Sasuke's my favorite hahaha...
GoTrinba chapter 6 . 11/3/2011
Yes! Sasuke is at the door! How exciting I wonder what is going to happen! Just like the old times when he would come into Naruto's home : D Poor Gaara I really thought he was the kind of guy that was just going to back off Naruto for a little and give him his space, but then he goes around and asks Kiba about the things Naruto doesn't wanna tell him. It must really mean that he cares about Naruto. I did not expect him to try and snoop on Naruto during their off time, now I feel even sadder for him : ( I wonder how he will react when he finds out that the reason Naruto is having these issues is because he is thinking about an ex. I'm glad you made such a speedy update it made my day : )
Kat chapter 6 . 11/3/2011
please moar!

i wanna know what sasuke wants with naruto!
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »