Reviews for Cumulonimbus
LadyCapuccino chapter 1 . 1/13
First thing first, It's been a while that I've read the manga, so I'm kind of sentimental right now haha
That said:
wow, that's was something I wasn't expecting. A fic such as this about Hibari, I mean.
You builded him a past that could fit his personality but didn't deny any of his personality - he is a ruthless man, he kicks kids in the shin, he keeps beating on people even when they had already passed out, he is this kind of man.
I knew that Hibari should have graduated already when we met him in the manga, but when you write that he is in this situation even after a whole Comitte genaration has gone, well, this makes things even more creepy. This shows how unfit for society he is as an individual.
There's a lot more things I could say but in the end what I mean is that Katekyo is a manga that pretends to be a comedy but deep down is full of drama and individuals with tragic backgrounds (sometimes not in a sad way but in a that's fucked up way), such as Hibari. And seldom does one find a fanfic with such a great character study of him and what could have possibly happened in his life to lead him to there. In short, good job! I faved this! Thanks for posting!
kalmaegi chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
I remember another story, one that depicted an alternate end to the future, where the plan failed and Tsunayoshi died for nothing. The Guardians slowly died out, one by one, until it was Hibari left. "Do you even care, Kyoya?" was what Cavallone told him, heart wrenching and accusing in the face of his surrogate brother's funeral. It bothered me, just as this one did.

Hibari's nonexistent childhood depicted here makes me want to weep. No child deserves to be rejected and left to fend for themselves, taking sanctuary to a middle school's rooftop. It's not something I would want anyone to be subjected with, the utter cruelty of parents and their expectations. His parents reminded me of Chrome's, who left her to die in a hospital bed.
Parrot Post chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
This is definitely one of the best stories I've read on Hibari. It really shows how he is broken in some ways. People aren't just born hating humanity. I never really though of him as that relatable before. He was just a bit of a two-dimensional character with a really creepy fanfiction tenancy to be the abusive party in relationships. Seriously with mpreg, 'cute' looks, and the uke stuff you may as well just make Tsuna a girl, but then the relationship would be obviously unhealthy. Back to your fic, (sorry about the rant) I actually like it enough to restart my favorites after clearing my profile earlier. On that note, you really should read 'On the Outside' by metisket in AO3. It does the same thing for Iemetsu Sawada. Keep writing.
Isa Knightwalker chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Very interesting and well-written. I loved his thoughts on all the characters and the explanation of his parents.
A Midsummer Night's Dream chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Losing the Sky, their Sky to an uncertain future even has an impact on the aloof Cloud.

On another note...

The parents make my teeth rattle in saying.
The Ice Within chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I've always liked Hibari- Do NOT ask me why.

And you wrote him really well.

I loved it. You made me cry.

Favorited.
Conanfan15 chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Wonderfully written, I really liked it. You have caught Hibari's emotions perfectly, never was he OOC and his thoughts are completely reasonable. (considering him XD)

Great work!

Conanfan15

Oh yes and this has made my favorites list...
Seraphic Melody chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
I've always liked reading these kinds of fanfics. It amazes me so when authors could delve so deep into character's minds and portray them so accurately, especially those mysterious, egnimatic characters.

Like what you did here. Your characterization and the rationalization of Hibari's actions were so in character and written so beautifully. I'm struck speechless. Very nice job
Dancing Mask chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Fantastic stuff, very detailed. In-character, perhaps more so than the actual manga Oh, and the title made me squeal, finally a weather reference xD

Very few mistakes, although I have three typos. More the kind you make typing quickly, nothing contradictory to the plot or grave, so all's good :D

Hibari took a moment assess the intention of the boy -to assess

So the moment he entered in gateways of Nanimori Middle School -in the gateways

so he set it has the ringtone of his handphone -set it as

Good job!
CowboyHat chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Stunning.

You rationalized Hibari well, and in such a beautifully-written way. I love reading fics that get into a character's mind, especially one as enigmatic as Hibari's. Nice job.
jackinafrickinbox chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I really have to start reviewing while I read. It makes it easier to show you the errors I nitpick at. Admittedly, you had very few errors; great job

***The teachers and principal were too self-conceited*** Self-conceited? Conceited is having to do with yourself, so the self is redundant. Maybe you were looking for self-concerned? I dunno.

I know there was one more but I can't find it. Oh well

Somebody actually rationalized Hibari and made sense? I can barely believe it. Congratulations

Your writing style is very eloquent and seems to naturally draw the reader in. I know I loved this and plan on suggesting it to others.

The ending bugged me a bit though. I honestly can't see Hibari shed a single tear, even if he has come to terms with the feelings of failure and hatred and guilt and any other negative emotions.

Altogether, an amazing job. I shall check out more of your stories in the future.

Sincerely,

Jackinafrickinbox
Iwaveatyou87 chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
That was absolutely beautiful; pure poetry, and incredibly intelligent. I loved readng it, sad though it might have been...excellent job capturing the essence of Hibari :D
Mittelan chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
very interesting!

I enjoyed the way you wrote :)
Queen Phantomhive chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
All I can say here is I really hate Hibari's parents. They are so stupid, mean and power-consumed.

I like the style of your writing and I think this is nice.
Chamii chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Here are no words to describe the perfectness of this story. Perfect characterization. Perfect story that fits into the plot... I just love it to pieces. Thank you 3