Reviews for Onslaught
Marty chapter 52 . 5/12
Holy crap. I found this story while browsing r/dbz on Reddit and I thought I would give it a read. Saw it was 52 chapters and was discouraged. It took me less than 2 days to finish on my 2.5*5 inch screen. That was probably the best fan-produced parody/fanfic I've ever seen, even rivalling DBZ Abridged. Just wanted to say thanks. I've always wanted to know how the Z fighters fell and how Gohan got through it. I love your style and imagery during the battle scenes, and the laid-back nature of everything else was perfect. I'm considering this canon now lol
Lilambah chapter 52 . 9/9/2015
Okay so I found this story the other day and literally read it in one afternoon. I was hooked from the beginning, it was well written and I loved the whole plot of it all!

I went in to this fic ready to get emotionally wrecked KNOWING this wasn't going to end happily for those two. (It's a Gh/Vi fic set in Future Trunks timeline, and we all know what happens to Gohan in that line) So anyway, I go in and start reading and my heart is constantly breaking for Gohan when he fails time and time again and looses person after person to the androids, and it was interesting how Videl was trying to investigate and unmask Gohan in this story too!

Well I have read several stories with the "looses memory" trope and I love how you did it. It really added to the story, it really fit in well an everyone's reactions where pretty spot on! Videl's reaction to not remembering practically anything was great and Gohan's heart not letting him just leave her on her own was so in character for them!

Well time goes on and once again the reactions to her slowly gaining her memory was so nice and Sharpner's reaction to it all was pretty interesting as well. And then we get to the end and Videl finds out she's pregnant and my heart is starting to shatter hear because I'm thinking... This kid is going to be born and then Gohan is going to die... Oh no... But boy was I NOT ready for what happened next, I was not ready or expecting her to die first, and I was not expecting her to die right after she found out the good news! When the doctor didn't tell Gohan about the baby I was a bit relieved but man I was an emotional WRECK after this fic! I was crying but I was also excited that you successfully moved me to tears (only 3 other fanfictions have ever done that before) and also I knew Gohan would soon be joining her in Other World but like... Ah, I was freaking out and had to take a few moments to compose myself after this fic.

So in conclusion, thank you for such a wonderful in character/well written/heart wrenching fanfiction over those two dorks. It was a wonderful read and even though it is 5 years old, it will go down as a favorite of mine. I wish you the best and have a wonderful day!

~ LilAmbah
bigblukrew chapter 52 . 2/21/2015
I think this was my second read-through, but I didn't really remember much from the first. Future timeline fics are one of my favorite kinds, especially focusing on Gohan. Most of them are left unfinished so it is nice to have such a good one to be completed.

Overall, this story is pretty good. I feel like there was maybe some plot holes, but at the same time not really. Gohan didn't really get much time to hangout with his dad in the future timeline, so he probably wouldn't know much about the lookout's amenities. Also I think at one point you mention the gravity room is still intact, but you don't mention him using it. At the same time, you rarely go in depth about him training in the first place so it doesn't really matter. None of it does honestly, it's your story lol.

That ending is a heartbreaker. You always want a happy ending, but it's the sad ones that are the best, and the most memorable. I was thinking that that might have pushed Gohan into ss2, but maybe not. Perhaps if the androids were still there and he had found out about his child. Having the doctor almost tell him about the child, but changing his mind was a really good touch. It's one of those moments that has you angry at the author, and the doctor. It's moments like that which are the mark of a good author, so kudos for that.

I'm not sure which story I said I would read next, but I know it wasn't this one lol. Who knows, I might start on your Batman trilogy next, just because you're a solid writer. Once again, this was pretty good. It was a very believable future timeline in my opinion. The drama at the beginning was good, slight romance at the end was solid. Possibly the only thing that could honestly be complained about was time skips and a slight lack of character interaction, but that's being kind of picky. Anyway, see ya next time.
Arglefumph chapter 30 . 10/8/2013
For some reason, I kept picturing Gohan throwing a huge hissy fit in this chapter, after his Special Beam Cannon attack fails. Like, he starts hitting the ground and whines, "Noooo! It's not fair! I spent weeks figuring out how to do that move, and you screwed it all up by hitting my hand aside at the last second! Do you know how HARD it is to come up with new fighting techniques?! The only three fighters left on the planet are me, the old pervert and the fat guy!"

And then the androids just slowly back away and leave while Gohan is crying.
Arglefumph chapter 28 . 10/7/2013
You know, if Gohan knows where Korin's Tower / Kami's Lookout is, I'm surprised he doesn't use one of the rooms there. Even if he doesn't know about the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Gohan SHOULD know about the pendulum / time travel room that everyone used while training for the Saiyans. Use that for training, Gohan! The enemies there can't kill you, so you can fight them loads of times in a row to get stronger and so on.

Actually, I'm surprised that no one thought about using the pendulum / time travel room at any time after its introduction in the Saiyan Saga. That would have been a great way for one of our heroes to train. Like, you could use it to fight the Ginyu Force. With their handy-dandy power rankings, you could get improve in no time! Spend a week fighting Guildo until you can easily defeat him, then move onto Recoombe, then Burter, then Jeice, then Captain Ginyu. Then slowly build your way up through all of Frieza's forms, until you can beat him easily. Bam. It's a pretty easy way to train and mark your progress.
maesde chapter 52 . 9/4/2013
So sad... Great fic.
Djdnsjcndjxdj chapter 51 . 5/29/2013
Motherfuckers...that's all I can say...
Djdnsjcndjxdj chapter 50 . 5/29/2013
She's pregnant? Did sharpner die? Lol
Djdnsjcndjxdj chapter 49 . 5/29/2013
Sharpner is just a fucking loser
Djdnsjcndjxdj chapter 48 . 5/29/2013
About time they kissed lol.
Djdnsjcndjxdj chapter 47 . 5/29/2013
Lol it wouldn't be a Gohan videl story if there wasnt secrets
Djdnsjcndjxdj chapter 46 . 5/29/2013
You're on your own for dinner tonight. Lol they really sound like a married couple.
Djdnsjcndjxdj chapter 45 . 5/29/2013
They might as well get married and have pan lol
Djdnsjcndjxdj chapter 44 . 5/29/2013
Saiyans do have a way with getting strong willed women lol
Djdnsjcndjxdj chapter 43 . 5/29/2013
Lol they sound lime an old couple who's sex life isn't going anywhere lol