Reviews for Reunions
nascar-girl chapter 11 . 4/22/2012
Me Again! All Weepy now! I agree with you totally. The Fic writers - Write For 2 reasons in my opinion 1) the pure love for writing & sharing feeling & their love of a particular Genre or character. 2) Re: Flaming & nasty grams, There is a thing called "FREE WILL" "If ya don't like it - move on along" My Momma taught me If you can't say nothin nice - shut the hell up. As to Internet trauma - I need serious chocolate removal! lol

Keep up the good work! linda I can be found occassionlly in FaceBook - killed my Twitter sigh
nascar-girl chapter 7 . 4/22/2012
Good for you, getting an apartment it is rough going these , this really is sad, but really good work. I miss that show & Hercules of course (Sorbo fan here - giggle) Keep on rockin!
angelsinstead chapter 11 . 9/23/2010
Great story. Thanx for keeping Xena alive. Enjoyed it very much.
A Mad Kat chapter 11 . 9/11/2010
I have a very, very hard time swallowing any ending that keeps Xena and Gabrielle apart, which is one of the reasons I hated how the series ended. However, your last chapter makes me buy it. Gabrielle belongs with her family. That's how it has to be, and Xena would never interfere with that. I think it's come full circle now, and it's Xena's turn to be lost again, without Gabrielle, while Gabrielle has found her place.

Hooray for keeping Xena alive, literally.
HAZMOT chapter 11 . 9/11/2010
I think Gabrielle is handling Xena leaving better than she thought. I was not expecting though that Xena would ask Gabrielle to leave with her on another adventure. Yet, I'm glad she was turned down. Gabrielle truly has grown beyond traveling on the road and Xena needs to find her own life not that she's healed. At least Xena knows now that she has a family waiting for her if she returns. Gabrielle will find it hard for Xena to leave, since Xena was her first love. But Ellander has filled a void that Gabrielle has had for a long time, as well as having children. It was a fitting end to their reunion and leaves room for what the future will hold for them both. :D
Stardawn chapter 11 . 9/11/2010
Ok, so I'm a little sad now. Not that ending that I was hoping for, but they you didn't go the whole subtext route. I hope that Xena meant what she said and does come back and visit, perhaps even as the children get older Gabrielle will be able to have a few little adventures.

I liked the way that Xena said goodbye to each member of the family and that she didn't seem to blame any of them for keeping Gabrielle from her. She seemed content with her life and I like the idea that she is going off to find Eve. It might even be interesting to see what Eve is up too. Although never cemented in the series we know that Eve must of had children, I wonder how Xena would feel to be a Grandma. That might even make an interesting story in and of it self... Xena:Warrior Grandma.. lol.

Thanks for sharing this story and being bold enough to try something new. I did enjoy it and it was nice for a change to see something other than the expected happy ending. Good job.
Korkyra chapter 11 . 9/10/2010
Shame they had to part, but understandable. Both did have other family, so to speak but I do hope they were reunited in the future. Cheers.
Korkyra chapter 10 . 9/8/2010
Good story, certainly very different-Gabrielle happily married to a nice guy that hasn't ben bumped off. Interesting to see how it will end. good depiction of Gabrielle's grief after Xena's death and her reaction. Certainly alcoholism cold have been a major factor for her. Nice names for the kids.
Phineas Redux chapter 10 . 9/8/2010
Chapter 9.—‘We went fishing, and I have to admit, For the first time in my life I actually enjoyed fishing.’! Clearly Love conquers all! Poor Xena. :)

I like the way you describe the finding and editing of the scrolls as bringing Gabrielle and Ellander together. There’s something very real in that. The Gabrielle’s POV section is really well written; you feel her personality coming over strongly.

Chapter 10. As Stardawn19 said, Xena protecting the children is a perfect mirror image of what Gabrielle’s younger self used to do. Poor Masuke—threatening Gabrielle’s way of life and family—he had no idea what a warrior he was up against! I’m enjoying this story.
Stardawn19 chapter 10 . 9/6/2010
Ok. I liked the action here. I liked the idea that Gabrielle had taught the villagers to defend themselves and that she herself had not lost the warrior edge. I also liked the fact that even though she had been in so much pain and despair after loosing Xena she kept her sword, chakram, and breast plate. It would have been easier for her to get rid of them, I'm sure.

I liked the fact that Ellander came to the aid of Gabrielle, shows that he really loves her. For a minute I thought you were going to kill him off, but I think it shows how much Gabrielle really cares for him in the way that she treats the situation.

The whole thing with Xena not being able get out of bed was a little awkward. Nothing tends to keep her down. I recently saw the episode "The Greater Good." Even when she was weak and on her death bed, she still fought through it. The whole thing with the kids hiding under the bed was awkward as well. Not that it wasn't believable. In fact now that I think about it it's almost like a total role reversal. In the series Xena wouldn't have hesitated to leave Gabrielle guarding children while she went out.

In the very beginning of the chapter there were a couple of sentences that could use some rewarding. You might want to read thought it again. Other than that I liked the progression of the story and I'm eager to see how it ends.
ideasofmany chapter 6 . 9/5/2010
I enjoyed this chapter, seeing Ellander is quite an admirable man helps me to understand her settling with him. Gabrielle is so bitter and caustic, it makes me wonder if something happened to her other than losing Xena? Overall, well written chapter, didn't see any errors. Great chapter for Ellander.
gabxena21 chapter 10 . 9/5/2010
oh just one more :( i have really enjoyed this story. please update soon
HAZMOT chapter 10 . 9/5/2010
Well I'm glad it's cleary cleared up that Masuke is entirely different that who went after the previous children and Xena. Xena still being ill put up a good front of being well enough to fight. But we see that Gabrielle can take care of her own and family. Masuke misunderstood how when a family is threathned, those who love them the most will fight to their death to protect them. I was afraid that Ellander would be a casualty, but I'm glad that he's fine. Xena fulfilled her part and protected Gabrielle's children. It's the faith in Xena that Gabrielle knew she would not fail. Now that Masuke is dead, what will Xena's part be now? :D
A Mad Kat chapter 9 . 9/1/2010
It may have been difficult to write Gabrielle falling in love with a man, but you did it, convincingly. I especially liked how you tied it in with them translating FIN because only at that point could Gabrielle really let Xena "go" and until then she could not fully commit to her love with Ellander.

Good chapter.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 9 . 9/1/2010
Very interesting chapter, I did like the screw up in that Gabrielle got really got drunk and passed out before he proposed that was very amusing. The question is who will Xena go with? Because the only person I see for her is Ares.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »