Reviews for Genesis
CrysWimmer chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
I'm assuming that this was written pre-Let's Kill Hitler. Interesting idea.
Gabriella chapter 1 . 12/3/2014
I love how you brought to life somethings in between DW. Alot of times I waste my free time thinking up what the Doctor and River do together when we don't see them. I mean, we don't see all their meetings on DW, just the one's that involve monsters. They did other things too. Love reading this! Although in later episodes, the blue book was given to her by the doctor the day she first met him and she gave up all her regeneration energy to save him.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/3/2014
so sweet yet bittersweet at the same time...So funny the doctor sulking about shopping...you should make more!
Merle G chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
I love how you write the two of them together: it reminds me of one of the unexpected things I enjoy so much about their relationship on the show: how they sometimes seem like an very old couple still very much in love. Certainly they can do spice and fire and blaster guns and flying sparks, and crackling tension of all sorts as well as the best of them; but there is something very touching about how they seem equally capable of being so mellowly tender in such a familiar, romantic, sentimental and so very *old* way-and almost "old fashioned", too. It suits them. I love it. And this story is great: just the right combination of sharp immediacy and evocative "left-unsaid" for a short-and the mundane and the timey-wimey rolled together effortlessly. (And I see that I have read this quite some time after you wrote it, much later into the series: Bravo for durable characterization, on your part!)
Darkeflare chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Despite having read this after "The Wedding of River Song," I found this extremely good. It brings to life the bits of DW between episodes.
Doctor-River chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Brilliant story, I loved it. They do belong together and I loved the way you linked this to the show and used an earlier River. I think that this should be used in the series to show River getting the blue book, it was brilliant.
mothwrites chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
That was wonderfully sweet :) I loved the bit about the Doctor's arms and the "staccato heatrbeat," it was perfect.
bourbon in your coffee chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Ha, that's brilliant! I never thought about it that way (the Doctor being the one full of spoilers at the beginning of River's timeline) but of course that makes complete sense. Clever, you, and good work.
JoyceM chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Hooray for a Doctor/River fic! I really liked this. Great job! :D
Daine chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
I love River! This was very good, good job!