Reviews for The Master Spy
I'm glad the elves weren't co-conspirators
How in the world did someone get the drop on them? And hear the true confessions? Oh, no. (Lol)
Delightful chapter
One of a kind, original idea for a villain. Congratulations on your amazing cliffhanger. Dramatic.
LOL
Bwahaha! Evil is afoot, and the plot thickens! Good comedy writing.
sfiddy chapter 3 . 8/27
This is still one of my favorite chapters in all of the Harry Potter fic universe too. :)
suzscribbles chapter 7 . 8/13
Okay, Snape high is definitely one of the funniest things ever. Ever.
He’s so loopy he forgets to be guarded and bitter. And he’s just sweet.
Still glad Hermione made him puke to save his life, though. Had to be done.
But she won’t soon forget having a ‘baf’ with a Snape who is ripped out of his gourd.
suzscribbles chapter 3 . 8/13
Omg...you had me laughing until I SNORTED. Like a PIG.
So hilarious!
agz92310 chapter 13 . 7/15
This was cute
Freeraven chapter 13 . 7/8
Super cute! This was so much fun!
Thank you for this absolutely wonderful story. Your Snape is very plausible, I always have trouble with ihm being portrayed as either just a bitter bully or a byronic hero. I think he is too much sensible Northerner for that. Being paralysed by fear and guilt is a much better explanation.
Temple Cloud chapter 11 . 3/29
So that was the other part of the secret! I don't think the faked memories were THAT far from the truth, though - the picture we get here, of Lily having once been Severus's friend, but drifted away from him once they were at Hogwarts and he was no longer the only other wizarding child she knew, and of his having been desperate to regain her friendship, is fairly consistent with the memories Harry is shown, if not with the way some of Snape's would-be girlfriends gush over them.

I read another fanfic in which Snape confesses that nearly all the memories concerning Lily (other than the Underpants Incident) were a complete fabrication, and that he barely even knew her and had never been friends with her, let alone in love with her, and (as in your version) had known that Harry needed romantic imagery to get his attention. You haven't gone quite this far, but stories in which they weren't close, if anything, make both Snape and Lily come across as more heroic than in the canonical version: she had criticised James's bullying of Severus, not because Severus was her friend but just because she could see that bullying was wrong; Snape had defected from the Death Eaters, not because he was in love with Lily, but because he could see that murdering innocent people was wrong.
Temple Cloud chapter 10 . 3/29
This chapter is fairer to Dumbledore than I feared from the ending of the previous chapter. Dumbledore is/was a flawed person, but I don't see him as evil, and I was worried that in this version, he was. The idea that a portrait can be evil because it can only include SOME of its subject's traits, and these may be all the bad characteristics without the good ones, suggests you need to be really, really careful in selecting which artist is going to paint a portrait - but couldn't this also mean that, if there were several different portraits of the same person, perhaps painted by different artists or at different times in the subject's life, they might have different personalities?
Temple Cloud chapter 8 . 3/29
Wow - I'd expected that if Snape had a guilty secret that felt that terrible, so that he was convinced that everything people believed about him was a lie, it must be something of the magnitude of 'Actually, I WASN'T a loyal member of the Order of the Phoenix and WASN'T helping Harry,' rather than anything as simple as 'I can't believe I'm a real hero because scary situations make me need to go to the loo.'