Reviews for The Master Spy
Javoher chapter 13 . 1/11
Even though you wrote this over 10 years ago, and even though I’ve read it several times, this story never gets old. In fact this story about fear and bravery just gets deeper and deeper. It starts out with some silly fun poking at a secretly fearful Snape always having to relieve himself in the loo whenever anything gets slightly stressful, but that morphs into a serious health condition due to a learned response and permanent nerve damage from repeated Crucios. The opening scene where Hermione’s student play is a hilarious fiasco (I laughed until I cried) due to the student actors not noticing her directions, becomes a debilitating condition due to residue from overuse of a charm. And Narcissa Malfoy is too scared to leave her house for years - and then she does, taking out criminals and saving the day with critical information as a result.
Thank you for a good story and I hope you’re still writing somewhere.
Minerva394 chapter 4 . 12/20/2023
Every re-read of this is a balm on my soul. The last few weeks I wanted to dash to the loo quite often, to save people around me the spectacle of bashing my head in on a wall ... Thank you for this story!
Caramel4me chapter 13 . 10/16/2023
Another intriguing creation with a great HG/SS twist. Thank you!
Minerva394 chapter 7 . 8/6/2023
So lovely, thank you!
Minerva394 chapter 3 . 8/6/2023
I was hiking in the Peak District and thought of this story. What a wonderful way to pass the time until dinner, it still makes me smile!
Minerva394 chapter 1 . 8/6/2023
Still hilarious, thank you!
Guest chapter 13 . 6/2/2023
oh this is marvelous!
Diarrhoea Verborum chapter 13 . 4/30/2023
Well, what else can I say... It was funny, interesting, lively and funny again. As always, brilliant. :3
braye27 chapter 13 . 4/11/2023
Totally Fabulous!
Beth
braye27 chapter 3 . 4/10/2023
This cracked me up
iShe placed her fingers on his lips. "No, Severus. I see the truth now. You would hate me in the morning."

"Why wait until morning?" he muttered as she pushed out of his arms and started to gather her things from around the drawing room./i
*****

iGRANGER GRABBED!
Hogwarts' Professor Kidnapped!
Death Eaters Claim Responsibility!
"No one saw a thing," says Headmistress.
"Oh, shit!" he said to the walls. "Someone noticed her!" He crumpled the paper in his lap as the blood drained from his unshaven face. Death Eaters knew about Spinner's End. Everyone knew about Spinner's End. He jumped up and ran to the loo./i
OMG! This is because he removed the last bit of her glamor? Arrrgghhh!
braye27 chapter 1 . 4/9/2023
I love this opening chapter! Well done, Aurette... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Beth
Guest chapter 9 . 2/21/2023
10/10
mjato chapter 13 . 2/20/2023
A very fun story! The star had me a bit worried as Snape felt so vastly different from canon that I felt cheated, but very soon his motivations and fears became more clear and matched the original very well with just the right amount of a fresh twist.
Since I have really disliked Dumbledoor upon finishing the original books this story also appealed to me in being critical of his cold hearted manipulations. The twist and the portrait plot was really fun as well and quite satisfying to read.

Often when faced with a fun story I wish it was longer and touched on more aspects, yet this time I feel like it was truly just the right length with no glaring threads left in the wind for me to mourn over. And that is quite an achievement! This is a read that is short, sweet, and fun. I certainly recommend it all mature readers!
aalens chapter 13 . 8/5/2022
Loved it! Trying not to laugh too loudly while on the train was a bit of a problem though.
Idebadwolff chapter 13 . 7/21/2022
love you Aurette for another incredible story... but not as much as I love Snape!