Reviews for We Just Have That Effect On People
lit.ship chapter 13 . 2/19/2013
Absolutely love that you made Jess more mature. I think he'd be supportive too.
Iscah McKrae chapter 10 . 8/23/2012
Wonderful chapter! I love the way you have Luke and Rory converse so intuitively, bossing each other around/knowing when to back down. It's great! And the image at the end of both girls using Luke as their pillow is wonderful.
Iscah McKrae chapter 8 . 8/22/2012
Umm...I hope you won't think all I do is criticize...I really AM loving this! But I'm totally confused as to why his father would tell him to give it to someone other than Rachel, when he knew that Luke had gotten an ENGAGEMENT ring for Rachel. If he'd bought her an engagement ring and was waiting to give it to her, that was a pretty clear message to his dad that she WAS the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Story very pretty, but...not so much with the making sense.
Iscah McKrae chapter 7 . 8/22/2012
Okay...some really great stuff here! Gotta say, though, Rory would have been ecstatic for her mom regardless of the hour. I CANNOT believe she didn't stay up waiting for that call!

And...as much as Christopher has been a lousy father, Rory does really consider him her dad. She's always craved a relationship with him and accepted him far more than he deserved. So...her denial of that here feels a little off.

BUT...I really, really, really LOVE the incredible Rory/Luke dad/daughter conversation here. I think she WOULD want to call him "Dad," and she would be just that awkward and rambly about it, and just as ready to take it back, thinking that he might feel weird about it. And, I love that Luke acknowledged that he'd long pretended that she was his little girl. *teary eyed* *lump in throat* It's... I love it so much...
Iscah McKrae chapter 6 . 8/22/2012
Perfect setting. Perfect Lorelai-running-out-without-her-coat-and-Luke-bringing-it-to-her-and-insisting-she-put-it-on! Perfect everything-good-in-my-life-has-happened-when-it-snowed and subsequent in-that-case-I-have-a-question-to-ask-you!

The proposal itself was very sweet. It felt a *little* wordy for Luke, but I think it works. The only part I think is a teensy bit off, is I don't think Luke would say he'd been taking care of them all that time. Luke is extraordinarily humble/self-deprecating. Both he and Jess accepted praise or admitted something good they'd done about as willingly as they'd have teeth pulled...maybe less so.

Otherwise, though...so perfect! So beautiful!
Iscah McKrae chapter 5 . 8/22/2012
It's his mom's ring, isn't it? Oh, I *hope* it is! It should be. And, in the snow is perfect. Hope it works out that way. Okay. Reading on.
Iscah McKrae chapter 4 . 8/22/2012
Richard could easily go either way. I would have LOVED to see him this happy for his daughter's happiness, and, I think that deep down, if he knew Luke would make her happier than anything, he would be exactly this thrilled. And, I loved how you had Richard express how happy Luke made both of his girls. Beautiful description!
Iscah McKrae chapter 3 . 8/22/2012
I love imagining Lane trying not to freak out very loudly (which, she most definitely would if not warned)! And, I love how well they carried out their plan to set the stage.

My only concern is Richard and Emily. How on earth does Luke know they won't freak out and call Lorelai?
Iscah McKrae chapter 2 . 8/22/2012
"So that's what he did with you back there," Lorelai said loudly. When Rory's face took on a confused look she began to explain more. "He showed you where the real Luke is tied up and then made you and the real Luke tell him which one was my mug." - :D Love it!
Iscah McKrae chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I love Luke asking for Richard's permission/blessing (but, for Rory's first). It's perfectly in-character Luke...and so sweet!

(and, the Luke-as-an-alien conversation was spot-on! :D)
Blakley chapter 17 . 8/17/2012
The speeches were beautiful! AMAZING!
Bob chapter 22 . 9/22/2011
They often refer to the fact Rory calls Luke Dad but you constantly have her say Luke. Stupid stupid stupid.
bob chapter 16 . 9/22/2011
What happened to Rory calling Luke Dad? Seems to have shouted Luke instead of Dad in this chapter.
WriteChristineR chapter 3 . 3/18/2011
Heh, this story is so fun. I loved the conversation between Rory and Lane. :) Now my brain is in Gilmore mode though, which isn't a bad thing by any means, but I'd love to get some writing done tonight, so I'm going to head back to Castle-land for a little while. I'll read more later. :) Great job!
WriteChristineR chapter 2 . 3/18/2011
Cute again! I really like your dialogue, which is definitely a good thing because given how the show worked, I feel like dialogue is definitely one of the most important elements in Gilmore Girls fics. :) And your characterization is really accurate as well.