Reviews for The Eleventy Fifth Hour
iges2u chapter 9 . 10/10/2011
Very emotional story, great characterization and interesting new characters. Great story!
U.S.S. Voyager chapter 9 . 6/25/2011
I just read this story, and it filled a gap in the story for me. Thanks for putting in the time to write it so well, and so true to character. Was very nice to feel that things were not left so unknown, and unfinished. Thanks for filling in the gaps.
adara-greenleaf chapter 9 . 11/30/2010
What a wonderful story! I really, really wish JMS had gone into more detail about David. And the Telepath War. B5 was far too short...five years was not enough.

However, I will content myself by reading your fabulous stories. I should look up these B5 books you mentioned before. I'm always on the lookout for more books. Are there lots...like Star Trek lots?

Thank you for a great read.
adara-greenleaf chapter 8 . 11/30/2010
Yay babies! You know, I was gutted that, while David was mentioned in the show, we never got to see him. I would have loved to see what he looked like.

This was a very good chapter. I especially loved the prayers. I assume you made them up, too? Very beautiful.

One question, though: is the war Lennier speaking of at the end of this chapter the Telepath War? I thought that was over and done with. I'm not up on my B5 wars...was there more than one telepath conflict? I was a bit confused by that last bit.
adara-greenleaf chapter 7 . 11/30/2010
Oh, Lennier...good on Delenn, though, for setting him right. I think this is what she needed...a resolution, even if it was a delusion, in order to truly be ready to have the baby.

Onwards...
adara-greenleaf chapter 6 . 11/28/2010
Oh no! I hope everything is OK with the baby! I mean, I know it will be, but...you know! The suspense is killing me!

It was so sweet of Tannier to help John out, too. They are such a kind and honourable race, the Minbari.
adara-greenleaf chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
"Go ahead...reason with me." *cracks up* Yeah, she may not be human, but that's Minbari for "this is all your fault, you stupid ass." I love it. That line made me smile through the tissue!
adara-greenleaf chapter 4 . 11/28/2010
*breaks out the tissue box* SO beautiful...
adara-greenleaf chapter 3 . 11/28/2010
Yay! Stephen! I miss him!

I am also very excited about the baby!
adara-greenleaf chapter 2 . 11/28/2010
Great chapter! The rift between Lennir and Delenn breaks my heart, but it's of Lennir's own making. I can understand what it's like to love someone who can't love you the same way, but he almost killed John. There's no excuse for that. Maybe I need a lesson in Minbari forgiveness, too!

Also, I love the idea that John and Delenn have a recording device by their bed for the baby. What a great way to talk with your unborn child and impart wisdom that would otherwise be forgotten once the baby is born!
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Oh, John, you'd have better luck talking to a brick wall than convincing Delenn that her decision was unwise. I hope David grows up to be as stubborn as his mother.

Good first chapter. On to the next one...
Ardeliah chapter 9 . 9/30/2010
A very beautiful tale that I feel privileged to have been let into your thoughts to enjoy.
kungfuwaynewho chapter 9 . 8/12/2010
Chapter 7 - I wanted to smack Lennier. That's all. And I really like Lennier, so that's saying something.

Chapter 8 - "Knowing and accepting were two very different things." How right that is. What a wonderful choice, to move to Lennier's POV here; having him be such a little shit in the chapter just before makes this scene with him all the more powerful.

And, of course, the birth. It would have felt like a bit of a cop-out to have Sheridan present for it if Delenn hadn't been present for it herself, in a matter of speaking. Very touching, that he had learned the prayer in Minbari; I wish we could have seen more of him living on Minbar, of him adapting, on the Minbari having to adapt to Starkiller in their midst (nice allusion to that, by the way).

Epilogue - "They call him Anla'shok Niall," she mused as John pulled his chair as close as possible, both parents peering at the perfect face of their slumbering child. "The Little Ranger."

Dead from cute. D-E-D. Dead.

I adore the echo of the end of "Objects at Rest," - the 'have I told you today how much I...' thing. So perfect.

Also, I just want to point out that aliens having anything to do with Earth military customs - serving alongside humans, wearing the uniform, getting commendations, anything like that - hits my buttons in a weird way I can't really describe. Yeah. I love that kind of thing.
kungfuwaynewho chapter 7 . 8/12/2010
Chapter 5 - "You're just in a lot of pain. Once it's over, once you hold him and see how much he looks like you and me… I bet you'll be itching to fill the house with copies of him."

"Fine," she retorted, raising her eyebrows at him, "You can give birth to the rest."

Just goes to show that it doesn't matter the species or the time or the people involved; some things are universal.

Chapter 6 - :( Silly, knowing how it turns out (on the show, at any rate), but I'm worried about Delenn. And that's good writing, jsyk.

The detail about Delenn doing her own housework but not the bathroom is the kind of little detail that I tear through reams of fanfiction to get to. Perfectionary.
kungfuwaynewho chapter 4 . 8/12/2010
Chapter 3 - Sniff. I want John to be there. But I love that at least he can be on the phone.

Chapter 4 - You know, it occurs to me that as much as this wouldn't be what either of them wanted as the way their child entered the world, it's so entirely appropriate for the lives they lead and all the other things they've went through. Like, of course David wouldn't just be born at home like they'd planned, everything A-OK.

That's heartbreaking, that Delenn feels guilty for entertaining the thought even for a moment that Lennier might have lured her out to rescue him, when the guy actually literally walked away to leave her husband to die; that's so Delenn.