Reviews for Cordelia
EmeraldWings90 chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Bye, Cordy.

I think You're Welcome is my favorite episode ever, from both shows. It never fails to make me cry. And this made me teary-eyed, too. Thanks.

Aly chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Teared up at the end, good job!
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Oh, I know. IT's so jarring how certain events which should have a major emotional impact, never get mentioned. Like Cordelia. Wesley never being mentioned on BtVS after his run I can understand - he was only there for 9 episodes, and not exactly a close friend to the team - but Cordy, despite her aloofness towards the other members of the gang, seemed like an intergral member during Seasons 2 & 3, and yet I don't recall her ever being mentioned on the parent show. And then there's her dying with relatively little fanfare ... while I LOVE 'You're Welcome' and consider it among the top 20 Angel AND Buffy episodes, it's disappointing that she isn't mentioned again until near the end of the season. And the Scoobies should have had a day-in-the-limelight with about it, or something (though it would certainly have taken away from the focus on Angel's crew, there's no excuse for it not being in the comics except for 'Angst What Angst?', which is always lame to see in action anyway).

You captured the essence of all the characters beautifully. Putting them in different settings, and then showing the progression. Willow was the most quiet (her relationship with Cordy was the most strained, probably), but her quiet reflection and regret is certainly effective. Giles gets his stuffy 'I-can't-trust-you' feelings but at least has the decency to keep them to himself, recognising that Angel is probably also in mourning. Poor, poor Xander got the brunt of it ... yet it leads to a really nice scene between him and Buffy. I always liked those rare scenes, where Xander is along with another character and gives deep emotional insight - such scenes prove he isn't just the emasculating comic relief he often appears to be - and this scene is even sweeter in that it's BUFFY doing the comforting this time around. I really appreciate the metaphor of the stars, and how they have an impact on our lives - just like the friends who were lost protecting those same stars.

And, as usual in your work, no sugar-coating - Buffy doesn't even pretend that nobody else will die. The war is neverending for them, but it's worth it, just for those small, quiet moments and those taken-for-granted beauties of life. Lovely ...

notevenifyoukillme chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Wow. Just... Wow. You kept up with the seasons so accurately, and you're characterisation was perfect to a T. This was how I would have envisioned the reactions. Kudos on a job well done.