Reviews for Finding Freedom
Sir Gawain of Camelot chapter 6 . 3/23/2011
Hmm... There's a heroic angle to this that Alfred hasn't noticed yet. If this 'verse is anything like the real one in terms of homosexuality and homophobia, the suicide rate of gay teens is abysmally high, and bullying is a real and deadly problem.

Just existing as an out, masculine, and unabashedly non-heterosexual superhero will help those kids' self-esteem more than two It Gets Better Projects. I know, that's not the point of this (I think?), but someone should really point out to Alfred that some of those new fans he gets will be people whose lives he's saved by /just existing/. Sometimes being a hero is about more than beating up bad guys.

I'm looking forward to Alfred's interview (which we are going to get to watch, right?). xD And I get a feeling the plot proper is going to get rolling sometime soon. I haven't forgotten little Rose or Turkey's schemes.
berrytea1 chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
Fantastic absolutly amazing! I can't wait for the next chapter!
King Panopticon chapter 4 . 3/22/2011
Interesting concept.

BUT THIS IS AMAXING!
Jay1892 chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
Ah god! I love this story with every fiber of my soul! It's so adorable and the plot is so original and creative. I adore everything you write, your style is absolutely glorious. As an aspiring writer I look up to your glorious talent. Great, great job, I can't wait for more.
Say It Say My Name chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
*deep breath* d' *'nother breath*

kakita101 chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
Very good and I cant wait til you update again.
lonely-waltz chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
YAY! Oh my gosh I love this story-it's so well written and awesome all over I can't wait for the next update :)
Witty Teacup chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
Kyaa! So cute! 3 I loved it! Britannia Angel FTW! Can't wait for the next one! D
TaintedRainbow chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
So adorable :3 Thanks for the update!
xNeve chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
I was so excited when I saw this updated. I think Artie and Al's relationship is so cute~ I like that you're realistic with the way people percive them. Such a captivating chapter~ :D
TangerineTea chapter 5 . 3/18/2011
THAT ENDING. XD I had this great image of Arthur rolling his eyes in a very theatrical, exaggerated sort of way, and then /freezing/ because /oh holy hell what is that in the corner of his vision/ X) I'm really worried about Kiku, though... Sadiq is terrifying D: I believe in you, Heracles! You can save Kiku! And of course Freedom Star will be there, too, with his new partner, Seraphim! Or whatever name he comes up with himself. (Ugh, Seraphim, how cliche. _) You've got me hooked, and I really hope to see more soon :3
RamenNoodlesXD chapter 5 . 3/15/2011
Oh shit indeed (my, I do hope that's censored)!

Bwah. You... you have to update this, my friend! You just have to! If you don't, I'm gonna eat my bloody shoe!

No no, just kidding, I won't do something as drastic as that, but for the sake of a fantastic story, PLEASE update soon~ I usually hate hero stories, but this one is so well-written and so entertaining and magical and and and... awesome (I feel like Prussia now)!

So yes. If you don't update this, I will have no choice but to keep Flying Mint Bunny hostage until you do [shifty eyes]
xNeve chapter 5 . 3/11/2011
I think this is the first hero fic I've ever gotten into! I love your writting style! Please update this soon!
Sir Gawain of Camelot chapter 5 . 3/10/2011
Bwahaha! There is going to be a /shitstorm/ with the press! Did you tell everyone you were single because you were in the closet? No, we were on our first date today! Uh-huh. Yeah, sure. The gossip magazines can be pretty vicious. And poor little girls are going to have their hearts broken all over the country. But then, lots of boys and the whole gay community will be overjoyed, I'm sure. A gay superhero? They don't even exist in comic books! (Well, okay, they do. Barely. There's Apollo and Midnighter, but those guys are sociopaths. And who's ever heard of Northstar, really?) Actually, in comic book terms, it doesn't bode well for Freedom Star. Gay superheroes don't have a good survival rate.

...I just realized the similarity in names between Alfred and the most high-profile gay superhero in comic books. Was that on purpose? Anyhow, Freedom Star is much bigger than Northstar. It's like finding out Superman is gay! Which would be awesome. (Shipping Batman/Superman? Who, me, gov'ner?) Ahem.

And no-one's ever heard of this new angelic hero, to boot! How fantastic. I'm sure Arthur's going to be an immediate media success, with his beautiful wings and his British accent and his adorable sweater-vest.

I'm worried about Kiku. I mean, I'm really, really, hoping that Heracles does a heel face turn and ends up with the good guys, because he's too nice a guy to be with a group that jerks around people's emotions like that or attempts to kill little girls. But mostly, because it will be hard to earn someone like Kiku's trust back even if he does. I'm pretty sure he will, so long as he doesn't hurt Alfred; deep down, Kiku's actually a very forgiving person.
Sir Gawain of Camelot chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
This is adorable, and I feel like an insensitive geek for being delighted that Arthur died in he same war Watson fought in. Just for fun, I'm going to pretend that he was in the 66th Berkshires and died like over half of them did in that snafu. Because that's not heartless at all.

And oh hey, it's you! Isn't it hard work having three AU WIPs at once? And that's only the ones I've run across. You could be writing fifty more, for all I know. Gosh, you're kind of awesome.
195 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »