Reviews for The Promise of a New Dawn
Obskurus chapter 25 . 12/24/2019
I will be honest. I came here becouse a translation of this story which I were reading isn't complited. But now I think that original is better. I love this story, it's so emotinal. I felt all Harry's feelings and I could imagine everything like I was there. It's amazing that you could make story so real and so emotional and still interesting, dynamic and little adventure. I hope you will continue writting this becouse it is amazing.
/sorry for all my mistakes but English isn't my native language. I hope it didn't freak you out/
Spidersauce chapter 16 . 12/17/2019
I can't read this further. I really like the premise of the story, and a lot of the writing. But Harry has to have had his head fucked with royally by the beings that brought him here, because his actions are entirely nonsensical. This is no longer Harry Potter. That may be who the story started out with, but this character is emphatically not Harry in any way. Maybe he has most of the memories, but they pretty much have to be heavily repressed. There's no way for him to have gone through what he did and then act like this without mental manipulation.
Just because he is in the body of a 5-8 year old doesn't mean he should have the childish naivete of a 5-8 year old. Being comforted by your teddy bear(sea shell) is not some genetic predispisition that is present in the body of a child. You don't trust the three dangerous looking men after growing up to 18 like Harry did. You don't complain about how people treat you, spend two days in solitude, then feel crushing despair and loneliness when you lose track of three dangerous people. You don't seek out the strange adults for comfort and hold their hands for reassurance. None of this is anything a biological child is somehow forced to do/feel.
That Harry recognizes he is acting fucked up and yet still does it and is okay with it is even more painful to read.
You have a lot of talent as a writer compared to most fanfic authors but I personally just can't make myself read this particular iteration of Harry. Everything is just wrong from one sentence to the next and it's extremely jarring and immersion breaking. It drags me out of the story and makes me try to process how any of this is supposed to be an 18year old Harry, and I can't find any way to justify it.
Spidersauce chapter 7 . 12/17/2019
Reading how pathetically naive and stupid this Harry is, is painful. I find myself hoping that the Rangers attempt to rape Harry or something. Something to truly show Harry hope moronic and disgustingly pathetic he is being.
Spidersauce chapter 6 . 12/17/2019
I personally don't like how pathetic and un-Harry-like you have made Harry. Very immersion breaking to me.
Eddain chapter 25 . 12/4/2019
I hope one day you'll just uodate this fic once again
Guest chapter 7 . 11/12/2019
He’d be far more worried about drinkable water, than food or clothing – especially since he’s warm enough naked!
Emporer Bloodfire chapter 17 . 10/18/2019
im finding this to be very boring, mostly due ro harry not doing magic.
badtothebone chapter 25 . 9/27/2019
I love this! It's so hard for me to find a fic I can read in this fandom. This was so enchanting and what I wanted to come across. I hope Harry adjusts more. Your portrayal is just amazing and I was happy with all the elvish antics. My favorites are Glorfindel and the twins lol. Thanks so much for sharing this! If you update, you can count me in for the ride (even though I'm mostly one of those ghost readers - side effect of being shy even on the computer)!
mayawene chapter 25 . 9/25/2019
Wow thank you so much for thi story... hope to read the next chapter soon.
WindsorMary chapter 25 . 9/1/2019
Hope you continue one day
36143 chapter 25 . 8/10/2019
Oh my goodness, I love this story! Please keep writing it!
Your story is so well thought out and the characters are very accurate and true to the original books.
I love it!
ElderLucian chapter 25 . 6/10/2019
Well now I'm sad. I knew this would happen when I started reading this story and saw how long since it had been updated. I really enjoyed what's been written so far and I hope you find the drive to continue it.
Ellie68 chapter 25 . 6/7/2019
Amazing.
MaVennan chapter 25 . 6/5/2019
Harry is so lost I feel bad.. and I feel like Glorfindel would be a good father figure for Harry .. just a feeling. x)
xXMoonlitSorrowsXx chapter 25 . 5/1/2019
I know it's been years but please don't give up on this story! I absolutely love it!
2,117 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »