Reviews for The Promise of a New Dawn
Scarylady chapter 25 . 4/16
I love this story-the differences in perspective from the Elves who really Have No Idea Who They Are Dealing With when it comes to Harry, beyond that he was ill-treated in the past (but not a Chosen one of Another World, not someone who has faced death and fought battles, been in WAR) and Harry who just doesn't know how to deal with all of these (weird, but nice) people liking him and how to deal with affection. I feel like Harry would have some great advice for Aragorn-one Chosen One to another. Anyway, I love this and periodically do a re-read, because it's just so DELIGHTFUL. And Glorfindel is starting to Get A Clue!
Ea chapter 25 . 3/30
amazing
Ea chapter 12 . 3/30
THIS IS AMAZING: I LOVE IT
Ea chapter 10 . 3/30
This is amazing
Ea chapter 9 . 3/30
This is very quickly becoming one of my favorits :)
Ea chapter 8 . 3/30
This is very well made and I feel like it is a realistic take on how this situation would unfold. Thank you very much for writing this. It is amazing.
Gregorvich chapter 8 . 3/13
Harry has also ridden a dragon. When the trio escaped gringots.
Ghost Dragon Master chapter 24 . 3/11
Ok either you are hinting at Glorfindel's rebirth (based off of other fanfics or maybe even the actual storyline, I'm not sure) or Glorfindel is actually Sirius Black, just that he was sent further back in time than Harry was. Personally I think option two would be better as not only would Harry be reunited with his Godfather, but he would have an elf that he loves and trusts making adjusting rather easier.
TheMonitor1079 chapter 25 . 2/26
This is excellent. I hope there's more in the future.
Uzushiogakure chapter 6 . 2/26
I'm liking this so far but the fact that you seem to have taken away Harry's magic an integral part of who he is does piss me off
Pennyfay36 chapter 25 . 2/24
I hope you will write more I really like this story.
Chezakeeba chapter 25 . 2/22
MORE PLEASE!
Andy chapter 25 . 2/13
Love this fiction much! Can't wait to see what happens next
Riddle-Snape chapter 25 . 2/12
really good story, I like it so far... I was wondering when he will ask about age... aaaaah he could finally tell something... hope you will update soon
silentsum chapter 25 . 1/25
Love it! It's not too cliché/corny. It keeps Harry's mind more mature, but some of his actions slip through as childlike. I would feel uncomfortable too if there was so much attention piled on me because I was the only youngling. I'm curious to see Glorfindel's perspective of this last scene, if you decide to show it. I don't know everything canon about his story, but it would be interesting if he talked to Harry vaguely about his experience with death and the return. Then Harry might have a companion who understands his situation and what he's going through.

If you're stuck for plot point ideas, here's a few. No obligation to use them, of course.

Ellas will eventually want to learn the common language. You could have a visit planned for the ranger group to motivate him.

I'm also curious if you plan on Harry having some magic. If he does the discovery of that could be interesting. Maybe it's a talent similar to Elrond's healing ability? Except Harry has always been more of an offensive/defensive magic user, so you could have it be different. Or no magic at all. Harry could explore his past ability (attempting wandless magic or something) and have it not work. Which would have its own emotional implications.

It might also be fun to have some other canon characters show up. I'm assuming this is pre-LOTR canon, but has the Hobbit happened yet? I can't remember if there are any scenes in Rivendell, but they could talk about it. Maybe have a post-hobbit Legolas pay a visit. Aragorn and Legolas were known to each other at the council, so they must have had some interaction.

Eventually he could learn a skill in fighting, and travel around to the different even realms. Bit young for that now, but training isn't too soon.

I dunno, I suck at writing so I can't fault you your struggles. You could do a small series of mini-arcs to get you to a larger arc like the LOTR books if that's what you are aiming for. He'd need to grow up to go on the journey with them, which may not work depending on how fast elves grow and how old Estel is. Perhaps he doesn't go on the journey, but instead is involved with the elves and everything going on with them leaving middle earth.

I'm rambling, but anyway, I love the story. It's written very well. You can take it just about anywhere, but I know it can be a big project. Keep it fun. ;)
2,022 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »