Reviews for The Story in the Truth
Jlbrew30 chapter 7 . 2/8/2011
I'm love this story! It's great!
MentalistLover13 chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
I really liked this story and I love your writing style:) I do wish that you would have had Sweets in this story Though. I would have loved to see/hear his reaction to the relationship. Like I said before though,I love your writing style. I am now going to start reading The Tradition in the Story:) Hey another thing, I think that it would be cool if you checked out my story and tell me what you think:) It is called The Definition of Love is us. that would be really cool.
Phosphorescent chapter 15 . 8/7/2010
On chapters 6&7: You handled Max and Booth’s confrontation well. I really like the fact that Max didn’t (need to) ask Booth his intentions.

Chapter 8: “"Exactly, Booth," she said, exasperated. "That's exactly why it should be accurate. Children learn from what they read. This is not correct information regarding Captain William Kidd.” [Very Brennan. I loved this scene!]

Chapter 10: The scene between Hacker and Booth was very in character; slightly awkward, with good intentions (and frustration) on both sides.

Chapter 13: "As much as I'd love to see you kick Hacker's ass…" he said, raising his eyebrows. "God, that would be hot… but it's probably not our best course of action at the moment. And did you just call me baby?" [I can definitely see Booth saying something like this!]

And as for Brennan’s method of payback… ah, I love sneaky Brennan! She does have a high learning curve, after all. ;-)

Chapter 14: It’s good that Angela and Brennan finally had that talk. And you did a good job with it, too; both Angela and Brennan are very much themselves. Angela uses just the right amount of innuendo, and Brennan switches back and forth between obtuseness and startling clarity.

Chapter 15: I love the exchange between Booth and Brennan before they head to work; it rings very true. I also really like Angela and Brennan’s discussion about Parker. ‘Well-rounded’, indeed!

“She could tell that Brenna was distracted and that it probably had something to do with Booth's big meeting.” [I think you meant to type ‘Brennan’ instead of ‘Brenna’ in this sentence.]

You wrapped this up well. Thanks for sharing!
Phosphorescent chapter 5 . 8/7/2010
My favorite section in this chapter was undoubtedly the car ride; you definitely have a handle on how to write squirmy kids.

"You've been a part of his life as long as he can remember, Bones." [Good point!]
Phosphorescent chapter 4 . 8/7/2010
Very realistic; it’s only logical that there would be some miscommunications in a situation like this. I’m just glad that they decided to actually talk about it!
Phosphorescent chapter 3 . 8/7/2010
Aww, very sweet. I particularly liked Booth’s rambling during his and Brennan’s ‘defining the relationship’ talk.

"Thanks, man. I'm really glad you only use your magic powers for good," he said, laughing. "But don't say anything, okay? We haven't told anyone, and to be honest, we haven't really discussed it yet, ourselves." [For some reason, this strikes me as a very ‘Boothy’ thing to say.]
Phosphorescent chapter 2 . 8/7/2010
This chapter is well-paced and all of the characters are noticeably themselves.

“And I'd rather spend time with you than be alone, don't you get that yet?” [So long as this isn’t his way of avoiding any issues…]

"Oh really?" Angela asked with a crook of her eyebrow. "And just how did he show his thanks?"

"He said 'Thanks, Bones,'" Brennan said with a grin. [Your use of dialogue is excellent; I’m particularly fond of this section.]
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Eh, a tad OOC, but as I haven’t read the rest of the fic yet, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. ;-)

My favorite section in this chapter:

["My father said he was showing amazing aptitude for physics, and he has an intense interest in entomology, as well."

"He's eleven, Bones. He likes bugs."] This exchange is wonderful; classic B/B banter.
mendenbar chapter 15 . 8/6/2010
As a long time fanfic reader, I must say I have been impressed. This is your first multi-chapter story to be posted? Very well done. Excellent plotting and characterization.

I did come across one thing as I was reading the last chapter or two: "Special Agent in Charge of the Enid office," Hacker said with a glint in his eye.

Do you really mean "Hacker" or did you just get ahead of yourself and you actually meant either Mitchell or Cullen (I can see twinkles in both their eyes.)

I look forward to reading the sequel.
brensfan chapter 15 . 8/5/2010
Great story, can't wait for the follow up!
Smyser chapter 16 . 8/5/2010
So glad you decided to continue! Going to go find it now
Fan of my own Reality chapter 15 . 8/5/2010
A very enjoyable ride - although personally I would have loved another chapter or two with B&B moving even further forward. With her being out of the field it seems like a great time to start making more little mini-me's...
coterie2 chapter 15 . 8/4/2010
Good story. I loved what you did to Hacker!
bonetrek chapter 15 . 7/30/2010
Great story! Is there a sequel in the works? :)
michaelawaffles chapter 15 . 7/28/2010
i loved following your story :) very sweet and entertaining