Reviews for This Woman's Work Extras & Outtakes
mscope chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Somehow I missed this. Yeah, you can bet you sweet bippy that you are going on author alert when I submit this review.

Wow. This was an excellent insight into Jake's past. I guess I need to rethink my feelings of Jake when I look at him in this chapter.

Sandra
A Happy Goodbye chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
This was a fascinating look into Jacob's past, which I think is important as it helps to explain who he is now in the story. Once a reader walks around in a character's shoes for a bit, it becomes more difficult to make judgements about that character later on, at least in my opinion.

I went back to read Chp. 3 to see if my opinions on Jacob changed any. While I completely disagree with what he said to Bella (and his lack of sympathy was upsetting)- paraphrasing here... that she can't just check out on life- I understand where he's coming from with that statement. Jacob could have spiraled into a depression when Billy had the accident, but he didn't. He took care of his father and the house and eventually went back to school. He basically dealt with the situation and made the best of things.

At the same time, however, I believe that Jacob and Bella have completely different personalities. I found this particularly evident when Bella dropped the voice recorder in their class. She flipped out while Jacob remained calm. Nice canon characterization, by the way- before Jacob transformed into a wolf, he was incredibly laid back. Even now in the story I think Jacob retain his canon characteristics- but from after his transformation. He much more impatient & seems to be easily angered.

Beautiful background story. I enjoyed learning more about Jacob!
ladysharkey1 chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Well, I never thought I'd see a mean Billy ever, but you've just shown me one: I'll let you live here as long as you're getting paid to work. I don't need no goddamn leech for a son."

I'm glad we got to see how Jake and Bella met. I don't know though, there's just not that strong connection I thought I'd see. Guess that explains a little about how they fall apart after she loses the baby. Can't really fix what wasn't there to begin with.

Thanks for giving us a little background. Oh and maroon Gucci suits are NOT hot. Gross actually. )