Reviews for The Prosthetic
JuseaPeterson chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I really liked this. I like the honest conversation that they have, and her realizing about how things are going. I like the feeling of this story and why she can't be near Chuck right now. Great job.
JNYC chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
soo um for a minute i didnt imagine this was dan and blair ... BUT i did love the chair references. too true !
thegoodgossipgirl chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
mmm, bit short, and I'm disappointed there was no Chair. HOWEVER, I would've liked Blair to actually like Dan and not be so hung up on Chuck, seeing as Chuck has clearly moved on. I hope there was a SD reference in there and not DV. But I understand if you are a DV fan. Nothing to be ashamed of, but probably embarrased. haha!
comewhatmay.x chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Wow. You consistently awe me with your work. This was perfect really, how Blair & Dan were using the other as replacements. And the analogy with the prosthetic-simply amazing. I liked how Blair knows she will forgive him eventually, just like we all know that they will get married someday. I think this is the real beauty of C/B. That no matter how much they hurt each other, no matter what other people they use to replace the other, they will always find each other in the end. And this was beautifully written.

Could I possibly convince you to write a sequel? Or just turn this one-shot into a two-shot? I'd love to see this continued, maybe a C/B reconciliation from Dan's POV. But even without a continuation, this was perfect.
singyouhome chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Perfect.

If any other word could describe it. From describtion to the last sentence. It was just gahhhhh.

And I love that it was Dan missing Serena and Blair missing Chuck that lead them to that point of how long they were going to go like this...not having what made them happy.

""You miss him."

"If you had a limb torn from you, you would miss it too. No matter how much pain it caused you in the first place."

She knew how to speak to an artist.

She could be a poet at heart if she were so inclined."

I loved that Blair was able to be this poetic. It was just so great.

""Is that what that is? Just a force of nature?" he asked. "Just like..."

"Gravity," she finished.

They were just like gravity."

Gravity- god. Just amazing.

A favorite because honestly you topped me at my pathetic attempt to write a blair centric one-shot.

A favorite.

-Kelsey
tversky chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Let me just say I love you for this fic. I'm one of those completely inflexible CB fans that cannot stand the idea of them with other people. Nair, Dair, Chuck/Eva, ugh. Hate them all. But I LOVED this fic. Not just because it was as you described - very pro CB. But also because I think you got Dan very well: He IS a very insightful person. I can actually see him being quite fascinated with the weird ass dynamics of Chuck and Blair and talking about them in an oddly objective and yet thoughtful way with Blair IN BED AFTER SEX. LOL. That rings very true to me for some reason. Especially since I think when Dair happens it won't be equivalent in terms of Dan developing deep romantic feelings to Dan/Serena or Dan/Vanessa. (It pretty much goes without saying that Blair won't develop deep romantic feelings for Dan. Her problem is that she loves Chuck too much - not that she's a fickle flower like Serena - that can go from one guy to the next) It'll be a weird little ONS or a reluctant friendship that got physical. One reason I say that is the foreshadowing to a future Dan/Blair hookup in "The Freshmen": Serena and Vanessa confront Dan leaving Georgina and Blair's dorm room. Serena hopes he was there to see Blair while Vanessa hopes he was there to see Georgina. So Vanessa/Serena love while Georgina/Blair hookups. I think you captured the way Dan/Blair may actually happen next season. Basically Dan/Blair will end up propping CB and whoever the writers put Dan with (either Serena or Vanessa). So I think you've tapped into the likely Dan/Blair romantic dynamics in-universe. Anyway, great job :)
TriGemini chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
This was good to read. Enjoyed it, a lot.