Reviews for Ever After: A New Perspective
Ashling Alroy chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
That was a wonderful start! I can't wait for more!
Caroline Lily-ann Youla chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
oh, I liked it, I can't wait to see what else you do :) :)
talkstoangels77 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
This is fantastic! please, continue!
cindy williams chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
I think its great, I think you should finish it. I would love to read the whole finished story.
Damian chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Interesting start. I admit, it has been a while since I last watched Ever After, so I'm not going to try and point out every instance where I liked how it differed from the original - suffice to say that it seems good so far. Daniel is a nice character, distinct from Danielle without being wholly off.

I'd be really interested to see where you take this...given the necessary differences between a woman's abilities and roles in the time period portrayed in the movie and how one of the stepmother's problem with Danielle was always her lack of femininity.

Marc is also an interesting change and I do understand not having Jacqueline be male, though I think it creates a whole new sibling dynamic...also, the question of inheritance, since Daniel is due his father's title, while I would be extremely surprised if the stepmother would let such a prize slip away.

Hmm...I'm also curious to see what you will do with the princess.

So, yeah, I would love to see this continued, it sounds like you have some good ideas and I'd like to see them.

Damian
disneyqueen chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Hi,

This is a very good start. And yes I have seen gender roles done to this story too. I liked your take Daniel because hs is differant then Daneielle which is good. I loved the differance you showed between Daneil and Marc in terms of how they were raised. I only caution (advice you) not to make the princess an exact copy of the prince, cause their are some people who do that. Wonderful first chapter.

D-Queen