Reviews for Itself
The little Shireling chapter 11 . 7/6/2014
I love this it is amazing and so well written!
Elivra26 chapter 11 . 7/7/2013
Ah, how I love Doctor Who -you couldn't write a prequel/sequel fanfic for anything else! I've already read and reviewed Dominoes(if I haven't yet reviewed, I'm going to go correct the error right away) and it was wonderful to read the sort-of-continuation of that story. I loved Dominoes, and this fic is at par with it, if not better. I like how you've characterized Eleven, he's very true to the original, and I can actually imagine Matt Smith saying those lines. What I REALLY liked was that your Eleven is very similar to your Ten. If you read Dominoes as well as this one, you can tell that the Doctor is the same man in both stories, and yet, there is that subtle difference that makes it obvious that they're different men, too. That's the thing that always amazes me about Doctor Who in general: all those actors, portraying different men and yet altogether the same man -and you've captured that amazing quality in your stories!
Coming to the particular, kudos on bringing Amy out so perfectly as well, really, I can just picture this entire story as an episode in my head. I could feel a literal sense of dread every time you foreshadowed Mas' fate(the way he learns about regenerations, River Song, the emphasis on family...) and I just kept wishing this would resolve like 'The Beast Below' and somehow not create the pitiable, horrifying Xon. On the whole, though, I'm glad it didn't have an easy ending. That made the story all the more strong and visceral, and that's what really makes Doctor Who what it is.
So thank you, again, for a simply brilliant read, and keep dishing out more!
Extraintrovert chapter 11 . 10/31/2012
It has taken me far too long to realise that you also wrote stories for Doctor Who and to set aside time to read one of them, and it is a piece of procrastination that I sorely regret, for this is worthy of two thumbs up from the Doctor himself. Not only the delightful original characters, carrying the story and being entertaining and relateable as well, not only the expertly weaved, compelling narrative, replete with tantalising clues that all become far more significant later, but also the sheer Doctorness of the entire story. Every line, every movement, every slice of jubilation and wrath was as if I was watching Matt Smith himself perform the actions, making it trivially easy for me to imagine all that happens and immersing me deep in everything from the most casual of conversations to the devastating reveal.

And oh, that revelation. I'm only slightly ashamed to say that my eyes watered and I felt horribly drained just reading it, with the ending chapters only adding to the melancholy; I have no idea what it would have done to the Doctor. Raw, powerful emotion dripping from everything seems to be a theme with your works, and it was most effective here.

I do have a few complaints though. As much as even the best writers for the episodes struggle with finding things for the companions to do, Amy was thoroughly underutilised here, more of a minor character than in anything I remember. The appearances of certain aliens seemed rather unnecessary and self-indulgent, as their roles could have been filled by anything instead of well-known creatures. And though this is completely a personal opinion and it was magnificently done regardless, I think that the reveal was a little too unpredictable, and that a few more hints could have been placed earlier so that more observant readers (which obviously wouldn't include myself) could predict it ahead of time. As usual, none of these affected the overall quality of the story.

Now to set aside another few hours to read all of your other entries, which will be well worth the time if they are anything like this one.
Ocean's Nocturne of the COCA chapter 11 . 12/22/2011
I really enjoyed reading your stories! With the way they were written - and the Doctor so in character - I kept having to remind myself they weren't real episodes! ;D Seriously, loved them!

~emyx
Idoloni chapter 6 . 9/3/2011
That is, without a doubt, the most awesome scene in the history of Doctor Who fanfiction. And that last line about speed cameras gave me an epic mental image of a motorway where everyone is riding Daleks. I salute you.

Idoloni
secooper87 chapter 11 . 5/6/2011
You have a gift. A real gift. You capture the voices of the characters SO PERFECTLY, it puts all other writers to shame. Including me. It really is incredible.

All the other aspects to these stories (this one and Dominoes) are wonderful as well- I really adored them. But your voices are absolutely spectacular.

I really hope to read more from you in the future.
tigerlily124 chapter 11 . 1/4/2011
Hey, great story! I read Dominoes first and loved it. Nice to see the final explanation here. I was glad that he wasn't the one to hit the button. Thanks for posting!
Lynse chapter 11 . 12/27/2010
A truly amazing story, every bit as wonderful as the other one. Superb characterization, excellent other characters (who I get to like so much that I keep feeling sad and disappointed when they die even though you have to write it that way to make it so very good like you always do and so true to the sorts of adventures the Doctor usually does have), marvellously tricky plotline that worked out perfectly (even having read Dominoes, I still didn't see that coming), humour, melancholy, mystery, complex timey-wimey headache storyline, the whole nine yards! I loved it. Thanks for writing it.
timano chapter 11 . 12/21/2010
A superb ending to an exciting and well-written story! 10 out of 10 stars.
timano chapter 2 . 12/21/2010
An excellent story so far, and I will review when I've read through to the end of it-but I wanted to take this moment to say that the line about being attached to one's extraneous limbs is one of the funniest lines I've read-ever! I can't wait to read on! (And in fact, I won't.)
gadiac chapter 11 . 12/6/2010
Outstanding! Brilliant!

I could totally picture the entire story as if it were an actual episode. At points I could even hear the soundtrack in my head. :)

You got The Doctor's mannerisms perfectly.

Well done!
Vorel laraek chapter 6 . 11/14/2010
HE RODE A F***ING DALEK! You are awesome, you know that?

Wow.
Vorel laraek chapter 2 . 11/13/2010
This is wonderful. You write the Doctor PERFECTLY - I can hear him saying all that. :)
psykit chapter 11 . 11/4/2010
A brilliant story. You seem capture the doctor so effortlessly. Wow.
Sanguine Ink chapter 11 . 11/2/2010
Wow. I loved Dominoes and this was just as spectacular. The Doctor and Amy are both perfectly in character, and the pace and bits of humor sprinkled throughout made this seem like an actual episode. And the timey-wimeyness of it all is just brilliant. I loved how the epilogue to this story is the same as the prologue to Dominoes...just perfect. You're brilliant.