Reviews for Pickles and Ice Cream
SquirrelandNight123 chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
Loved this!
serendipityrain711 chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
Aww this takes me back when i pregnant with morning sickness and the only thing i could stomach was ice cream lol. Arnold and Helga are going to be wonderful parents. I can so picture arnold being such a doting and loving husband to helga. The thankagiving episode reference was sweet. Very touching story. :)
Cathy-Gisela chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
This is my second time reading this and I love it! I miss your hey Arnold stories so much! I just wanted to remind you that you still have fans out there who will always love you for your masterpieces about arnold and helga. Well I am off to reading the rest of your stories for the nth time. :)Thanks and see you soon.

cathy
The Gooseberry Catastrophe Is Me chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
That was so *sniff* adorable. :' You write Helga and Arnold so perfectly. I also love how you included Miriam and hers and Helga's mother-daughter relationship in it.
Zephyr.Camida chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
This was extremely fluffy and adorable. I"m a sucker for Hey Arnold family fics...especially ones where Arnold and Helga are parents or about to be. Gosh. This would definitely be a real possible worry for Helga, and I think you portrayed it wonderfully. That and Arnold is a wonderful husband. I want a husband like that! XD Anyway, lovely fic! Faved~
Anillus chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Beautiful. ;)
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Poor Helga; I feel for her having to suffer through morning sickness, among other displeasures while being pregnant. Yet she knows it's all worth it to have a baby with Arnold, her beloved.

And Arnold is so sweet to go through all the trouble to fix stuff for her, even willing to go get the foods she's craving. That's why it's good they live in the boarding house so it won't go to waste.

I agree with you on the bit of her parents. I'd like to think things would gradually improve as she got older, but Olga will always be the star child and Helga left in the dust, so while she could forgive them for the neglect some, she won't forget it/ That's why she needs Arnold, to help her feel better.

And of course, it makes sense for Miriam to say that she wouldn't change her eating habits while carrying Olga. Even before birth, she was a perfect child and never gave her parents any trouble. Ugh. And poor Helga, being told that while her mom was pregnant with her, she could only eat the very same things she's craving right now. No wonder Helga got so upset and scared that she'd become her mother and Arnold would become her father once their child is born. But like Arnold said, the baby isn't even born yet, but she is worried about it growing up in the atmosphere as she did and she wants to avoid that as much as possible. This proves how much of a caring person she is, she's already a sweet and wonderful mother who wants to put her child's well-being before her own.

And the way Arnold cheers her up about past memories with her mother: on Thanksgiving, she put Helga's pinecone in the center of the table, she spent time with her and came back home after working so much at the Beeper Emporium, then succeeded in getting money to fix the car on their road trip. She's lucky to have him: he can cheer her up without saying anything. I think he's right that the baby will be a lot like Helga.

I also love how Helga tells him not to kiss her in front of the baby, so he covers up her stomach, then they kiss, and he realizes the ice cream may be melting.

In all, I loved this so much. Helga will be a wonderful mother and Arnold will be a wonderful father. They will be loving parents to their child, the very thing they didn't have in their own childhoods.
bleebloop chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
very cute and sweet. both careers i can see happening.

can you write me a story filled with jealousy? (and maybe switcharoo it where arnold gets a wee bit green)

you know what? i think they should runa dojo. now that would be cool. arnold-the cool, reserved sensei and helga- with her fists of furry

wonderful. their poor son. marinated with karate, poetry, and good deeds.

i bet helga would be an over protective mother and throw fits at the school if anything were to happen to him. and his friends would casually comment as they observe her. 'you know, your mom sure is someting else. but the only thing scarrier than your mom is-your dad'
Pyrex Shards chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
I could really see the love between Helga and Arnold in this story. The fact that her hormones are so out of wack that it makes her so vulnerable emotionally really makes this a tender and soft fanfic.

It has the darker undertones of Helga's past, along with Arnold's "bright side" look at the shinier parts of Helga's history, and it all adds some wonderful color to this story.

Helga will be a wonderful mother. :)
Sakura Scout chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
D'aww ... This is so adorable and a bit sad, but I'm sure it was meant to be that way. I really enjoyed reading this story. Thanks for writing and sharing!
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I really like how you portray Helga in this story. Great job.

Keep the good writing.
Kpfan72491 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Awwwwww very cute xD
Flintphone chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
This was great.

Your "attempt" at Arnold and Helga fluff has been very successful; you seem like a professional to me. :)

It was so enjoyable and sweet. I could read it over and over again. Speaking of which, I think I'll read it again now... seriously. :) I'm adding this to my favorites. Thanks.

Flintphone
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Aw very adoreable fic here I can see why Helga would doubt that herself being a mum she wouldn;t a baby to grow in the eniverment she grew up in but I loved how Arnold reasured her heh when metion Dil pickles is that a sneaky rerference to Rugrats
Thundercatroar chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Holy crap this was so good! XD Better than the pancakes and waffles featured!

As for my part, you can consider yourself fantastic at Arnold Helga fluff!

This story was funny, but at the same time serious, and you really pulled out all the stops with using the past episodes to explain the feelings, and to further the plot along.

I love it loved it *LOVED* it!

I can't wait to see what else you have to write!

'Roar