Reviews for Til Kingdom Come
Thatkliqkid chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
A lovely bittersweet piece of slash. Awesome to see one of those rare people in the wrestling fandom who can actually write. I'm such a fanfic snob but it's true! It's nice to see a well written fic in amongst all the cliched OC-ness. Awesome stuff.
BellaHickenbottom chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
OMG I LOVE this! I almost cried a couple different times! In my mind this is how things actually happened, they are just waiting it out!
Maxx6 chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
:( I haven't read anything this sad in quite some time... But it is beautifully written and well thought out. Great job.

(off to watch the tribute :)
SaraHHH chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
That was so heartbreaking and sad I am literally at a loss of words, with the descriptions involved I felt as though I was right there with them. It must be so heartbreaking for the both of them not being able to be with each other, to be with the one they truly love. You already know how much I love your writing however you write these two so well.

Thanks very much for sharing this wonderful piece
wrestlefan4 chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Oh lava...you don't know how deeply I felt this. I understand what Shawn chose and I understand the things he and Hunter felt as a result. It's such a hard choice and to see that person you love and know that even though you have chosen a different path, you will never stop loving them, and the same time possibly never be able to is a horrible sort of ache.

One part that touched me the most was how Shawn was really on edge and wanting so badly for Hunter to kiss him and give them a last moment of that love, to show those feelings to him, and at the same time knew that to do so would be painful because it's a reminder of the thing they can't touch anymore. It's such a strange place to be in. I know that place.

Thank you for sharing this. You've written it so beautifully. You paint so wonderfully with words and it is as always an honor to read such carefully crafted piece. I mean it, this was so very beautiful and touching. I was honestly surprised that it didn't make me sadder than it did, since this easily reminded me of my "Hunter" and my choice. However I was oddly comforted by it. Even though it is only fiction, I guess it kind of reminded me that there are many people who have made this kind of choice in their life and...I don't know. It helped :-)

Thanks for sharing this it was amazing. You do so well with these two and write them in a way that is a joy to read, even for a person who doesn't like the pairing. That speaks volumes of your skill as a writer, because you are able to convey the emotions and the scenes that make the pairing not just work, but seem real. You get those deep things, and the subtle ones, and you amaze me.

Great job as always and thank you.

*Hugs*
redsandman99 chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
blinks Wow. That was just so powerful. Excellent job.
LegacyChick chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I've read it... I'm reviewing... though it's hard for me to probably find the right words. I'm really not the best at reading stuff where barely any conversation happens and the feelings and emotions seem to be a bit too drwan out, but after all you made it clear, though in my eyes it's unbelievable to "wait for someone for so many years". If I were Hunter I'd said "to hell with it. I'm willing to give up everything for him and he uses god as an excuse to not do the same". Might just be me, but yeah. You've done a great job as always in portraying their emotions and actions, their movements, their feelings for each other and all.
Esha Napoleon chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Beautiful!
GrandpasGuitars chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
I think this was the exact reason I chose to hope the plot bunny would pull on you, and keep avoiding the idea of *that* talk on the porch. Because what we said all that time ago doesn't hold a candle to the power of actually reading it, all thought out, words exchanged and moments that happened clear as can be for me to read.

I'm a wreck right now. My fingers are trembling as I type this. But know this is a good thing. This isn't something you have to apologize for, and if I know you, you probably already thought about saying sorry.

I didn't cry during the fic, and I keep telling myself I won't cry writing this review. But I'm close.

The images before the actual visit were near murder. The buildup, the moments they spent together laced with the knowledge that these days were coming to an end? It was obviously murderous, for the both of them. I could just imagine Hunter watching that last tombstone, thinking about interfering- once he ruined the planned match outcome, there was nothing no one could say, right?- but then deciding not to because he knows this is what Shawn wants. And as much as he wants Hunter, his kids matter all the more. And I bet Shawn also thought about overturning the decision, telling Vince he changed his mind and he doesn't want to do the angle, but keeping on because of his kid's faces, shining in his mind.

And then the actual visit. A happy picture covering up the true emotions going through Hunter and Shawn. The part, the kiss that didn't happen? It was just amazing. It was gut wrenching, powerful, and I think it's something that's going to haunt me for days to come.

Once again, don't apologize. That's also a good thing.

In the end, I'm glad you did it, yet also upset. I couldn't imagine the scene done more justice than this, and that's why I hate it and love it so much.

I hope this makes some sense, but know nothing more can be said but great job. It's a masterpiece.