Reviews for In Spite of It All
novice242 chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
So well done! Great to read Quinn in a sympathetic light. Love the hints of sadness as well as the hopefulness! I'd like to think that both of these two would be forever changed and would mature in this way after Beth. I don't trust that Glee will mature them up too much for the sake of comedy, but if Glee were a drama, it should have a scene like this story! Maybe we'll get a glimpse of something like this in S2!
Simply Sarah chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
I LOVED this!

It was very well written, thoroughly enjoyable, subtle, and a wonderful blend of angsty/sad/sweet.

Truly, it was perfect:)

Fantastic job!

Sincerely,

Sarah
GentleReader chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Well done! Good job integrating the details of Quinn's life now with the details of the scene...and the dialogue, for Puck in particular, is very in-character.

Hoping we get a scene like this on the show!
xoElle23 chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
This made me tear up, but in a good way. It's sad but happy and amazing. Epic.
Desda chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Ooh...what a loverly surprise from you. I'll freely admit, Puck/Quinn is my least favorite pairing of the whole Glee "geometric equation" (seriously, there are so many sides to this thing I think I need to take a math refresher course), but this story made me love them together.

You have the most incredible eye for detail...the drops of water on the outside of Quinn's cup, the tablre, what Puck was wearing...I could go on and on...all those details just really bring the story to life.

I especially liked Quinn talking about her father and Puck's reaction to what she says. I can see that happening if Quinn goes back to live with her mom.

As much as I love your Puckleberry work, I loved that you ventured out and hope that you continue to explore other pairings/characters.
February Air chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
that was so cute! Your writing is beautiful. I really hope that you write more Quinn/Puck.
Gifted Magic chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
This is a really cute story. )
27vampyresinhermind chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
like i said last night, you could write a grocery list and i would fall in love with it. the way you've made them just get each other is beautiful. i mean, they've been through something seriously intense and it's ridiculous for anyone to think that they wouldn't have a special connection to each other and i just love how you've portrayed that. as always, just perfect and beautiful no matter who you're writing about! perfect!
Sooozn chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I like the concept of exploring their relationship after the birth and adoption.

Puck's response about how often he thinks about Beth was great. I liked the focus they both showed to the sweating soda cup, easy to see how it could be a distraction to hyper focus on with such a huge issue hanging over them and the discussion.

There are things that feel missing, especially for Quinn physically, since it's written only 3 weeks post partum, when she would still have such a physical connection to the pregnancy (still bleeding, milk drying up, body changes from delivery, episiotomy recovery, etc...) just the concept of sitting on the floor to eat a week prior jumped out as something that might be an issue.

Keep playing around with them, see if any of their playfulness together can shown up even just a glimpse?
demurelyyours chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
You made me crave a blizzard. And maybe I will start reading Quick fics, they're honestly really cute and they ARE happening so all I need is a little bit of acceptance.

And you did this all right. It's a nice way for me to venture out into the Quick world :) It was lovely, as always!
chrpangel chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
ewww. lol

Good writing! I loved the detail of the water on the outside of the glass.

So not a puck/qinn fan, EVER! lol Don't be offended I'm not subing to the story. lol
Georgia93 chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
AW. This was absolutely amazing.

I loved how you chose to write Puck. I want him to be like that when the show comes back. Not entirely changed but not just the same old Puck.

And the "missing the baby" part was really emotional.

I love the way you write the details.

:) Great story.
low on inspiration chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I thought this was really good! I think you wrote both characters in character, and you really captured the emotion of the moment in your writing :)
0dot-dot-dot0 chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
great one shot!

and as an avid reader of puckleberry i havent ventured into quinn and puck either haha... i still wont lol but i think you did a great job here :)
Sassy26 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Oh yeah, I could get into the Quick movement...DAMN IT!

The season finale gutted me. The two of them standing by the nursery window and him saying "Especially now" agh. *sob*

You managed to make me feel that way again so...thx?

I love Puckleberry, you know I do. But if you want to maybe write a couple more of these Quick fics? ok...

My fav bit Quinn watches his back as he orders and pays and then stands there waiting for his food. She feels like the Puck that she slept with nearly nine moths ago is still around but that he's somehow really different, too. He's still just as hot as he always was but he seems older and wiser now and she realizes that it's because of her. And Beth.

Great work bb!