Reviews for By the Water
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
Good story.

Another reviewer was right. Peredhil means Half-elven, while Perian means hobbit. You should consider changing that next time to the right term.

We don't really see Frodo talk to Legolas much in the original books. So, its nice to read stories that have these conversations.

Good work, though.

Aria Breuer
Laura chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Hi, I knew Laurie, I used to walk home from school (UCC, as it was back then!) with him and Tom all the time, I just wanted you to know you're not alone, I miss him too...

Lx
Kelsey Estel the TolkieNarnian chapter 1 . 12/24/2004
This was a pretty good story. I liked it. I liked how frodo confided in Legolas.

However, 'peredhil' does not mean halfling. It means half-elven and refers to Elrond Peredhil. Notice the resemblance between -edhil and edhel, which means 'elven'. I believe you're looking for 'perian'.

Also, I think you got Lle creoso from the grey company website. It isn't real elvish, it was made for an RPG type thing. I know it doesn't say so on the webpage, and has fooled many, many people (I spent a long time learning it, only to realize it wasn't right)
Lui and Mits chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
Sorry about your friend but that was a wondeful fic.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
Yes, I liked it. I hate to nitpick, so I'm apologizing first, but Peredhil doesn't mean Halfling. It means Half-elven. For example, Elrond was sometimes called Elrond Peredhil, sometimes Elrond Half-elven. Perian means hobbit or halfling. Frodo and Sam were called that at Minas Tirith at the end of Return of the King. Despite that, I liked the story anyway. No offense is meant.
Laughing Half Elf chapter 1 . 8/20/2002
Did I review this? I know I read it before...

I love this anyway, I loved it the first time I read it and I loved it the second time even more. This is one of my favorite little fics. I hope you never stop writing.

Laughing Half-Elf

"One must laugh to live."
Eljay chapter 1 . 8/18/2002
I'm sorry about your friend. Why is it always that those who deserve death the least are the ones who recieve it? I like this, it's better than you make it out to be. A bit short, but nicely written nonethless. It puts Frodo into perspective- does no one expect him to worry about his vision in the Mirror? Good job, Padawan. Keep it up.
samdro87 chapter 1 . 4/11/2002
Bravo! Well-written; I liked it. I'm so sorry about your friend. God bless.
Lee's Thumb chapter 1 . 4/8/2002
Veryveryveryveryvery awesomely good! Not those slashes I see way too much over the internet. I like. :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
Wow! I really liked and admired this. Legolas and Frodo were described very well! Good job.
elizabeth wyeth chapter 1 . 3/13/2002
Hey,

That was well done. My favorite thing was a nice incorporation of elven language and a good grasp of time line and geography. (some people have trouble following Tolkiens timeline.)Your story fit in nicely at a pivotal moment in poor Frodo's quest.
Mindel chapter 1 . 2/28/2002
Yeah that was really good. Definitely keep writing
Eugenia chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
This was really, really good. Sad, but in a good way. It's strange that you haven't got more reviews, though. Some people can't appreciate real work...

*wanders away, muttering about blind people*
Mainecoon chapter 1 . 2/18/2002