Reviews for Rise
Ruri chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Why, why, WHY does this have so little reviews? This is a masterpiece. A beautifully written oneshot that is so very moving and makes one think. I also love Link's and Zelda's relationship here. Anyway, maybe you can add a fake chapter then remove it again, thus bumping this to the beginning of the list of LoZ fics. More exposure, y'know. There are so many poorly written ones out there. This one must be shared with the fans. :)
Morbidly Bored chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
This is love. Thank you so, so very much!
ForeverWanderer chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Unbelievably beautiful.

Favourite lines:

"You don't belong here. Go home, you idiot."

"I have no idea, but I do know he is neither the wind nor a fish."

"Has he been annoying you with riddles, or have the two of you been having fun exchanging bits of cryptic wisdom?"

"I never thought of him doing anything other than babbling at poor shipwrecked bastards like me."

Okay. Enough favourite lines. This is beautiful, cathartic, exquisite. I love that the argument between Link and Zelda had been boiled down to one line: do you want to be king? I also LOVE how "Link wanted her, but not on the terms the world had seen fit to give." Isn't that always the way of it? And that's always what's at the heart of our passions, I think- that we want, but it's never on our terms. We learn to love despite the fact that the world (and the beloved) seem to not want to co-operate.

The love, and the passion between Link and Zelda are palpable the whole way through. Their banter is perfect. You can feel their hearts dancing around each other and that they've been doing this dance a long time.

Also, one of the things I love about this story the most is that you can really tell these characters have *lived*. They've struggled to the bone and lost all but the raw marrow, the essence, of what they've been fighting for. I love the description of Zelda, of the strength, wisdom and steel she has gained over time- that her spirit has been hammered by time and difficulty and love until it has rung true. How tired she is, and yet how relentless. And how she sinks so easily into serenity and wisdom, ready to be a mirror for Link's soul as he searches for answers to difficult questions.

In short, YOU FREAKING ROCK. Keep writing, forever! You're an inspiration. Yey!
harukohaha chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I sooo love this! It's introspective but beautiful! You write the best and deepest Zelink's around. Kudos!
Redzi chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
This was just... beautiful.
KT chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
This is wonderful! It demands more reviews! One of the best Z/L relationship dynamics around.
Hidari chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
You, my friend, are awesome. I believe I have fallen in love with how you write and what you write. I swear, this is one of the shortest and most beautiful LoZ fics I've ever read.
Airian Reesu chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I liked it. Not a very helpful thing to say, but it's true. _ It really seemed to encompass the Zelda-Link bond/relationship. In particular, I love this part: "And there was no one else who could provide the wisdom to help him to do it. Whatever greatness he possessed, he possessed because she had challenged him to rise to it."

This line was a bit confusing though (it's near the end): "aware that for the first time he his own was as unwavering." Is there an extra word here?