Reviews for Fortune Cookies
ObsessedwReading chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
I wonder what Aki's fortune said. Hmmm...

This is really good. I hope you update soon. :)
iony17893 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
good story even that i didn't get it why only yusei lost

his appetite cause if someone would have burn a paper when he or she should eating with friends or family

i also would lost appetite...
Seven of Clubs chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Hah, so this story picks up again when you get more fortune cookies? I like it though
UnknownGal chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
So, um, did Aki make that fortune burn?

Anyways.. THIS IS GETTING INTERESTNG!
college smollett chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Very interesting! Cute and refreshing, loved it!
Cancerous Galaxy chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Me: Whatever that fortune said, I'm scared of saying it accidentally to Aki-chan...
Cosmic Guardain chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
she must have gotten a bad cookie to want to burn it. i think this was funny.
Ginneke chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
It felt like there was a glimmer of Black Rose Witch in Aki when she set her fortune on fire... Mostly in the line, "Aki smiled wickedly, a flicker of mischief in her eyes," but also in the way you make it clear that she 'returns to normal'... Chilling, if that's really the case, and I don't blame Yuusei for beng concerned.

Once or twice you missed out an s on the end of "yours" - for example, "Yeah, I wanna know what your_s_ says!" or "Yusei, what does your_s_ say?" Also, the first line needed to be a little more.. catchy. They're perfectly fine sentences in their own rights, they just don't quite hook attention as well as they might.

Other than that I think this was really, really good - just a small slice'o'life for Team 5D's. And I'm glad "The Silver Rings" is still progressing. I eagerly await the next chapter!

Best of luck,

Gin
NinjaSheik chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Cute!
Nariko25 chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Hey,

that was a great one-shot can't wait for more and are u gonna write any new stories soon?

I can't wait
Ocean Starfly chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I like it. Dunno why, it just made me smile. Aki's attitude was a bit... . I don't know what exactly, she seemed a little unstable or something, though what she said was cool. It sounds like something she would say after she got away from Divine and the Arcadia Movement and all that.

The ending was good too; perhaps not perfect, but still good. It feels almost like there could be something afterward, though not necessarily.

Fortune cookies are fun. Keep up the good work!
Baxter54132 chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
gah! I want to know what it said...

tell me, plese!
Poetic-Drug chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
This was...good. But very random. It is good! Very imaginative. Just...random. I wonder what Aki's said?
jenuinetears chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Interesting idea! I haven't read any story before where they've ordered chinese takeout.

Jack's fortune- true, true. Although I think it's him itself that has brought him admirers like Stephanie, Carly, and Mikage, his pretty eyes would've helped. After all, they are purple...

Crow's fortune confuses me, probably since I haven't (yet) seen the episodes about Robert Pearson/Crow getting BFD yet. I skipped a lot of episodes, starting with Jackroid, to see the start of the WRPG duels.

Bruno- darn straight fortune. I don't think any other fortune cookie I've read could descrive him better and his identity of Bruno/Dark Glass.

Yusei- there could be a more descriptive fortune, but since these are derived from actual fortune cookies, it's probably hard. Still, it does fir some parts of him.

Aki's... well, that is certainly interesting. I'm curious to see what it is, but I can give a good guess that it has clues to her loss of powers. I can't really think of anything else in this season that would cause such a reaction with Aki. That was my favorite fortune, because it gives a lot more than the others.

I like how at the end everybody strugs it off except Yusei. He sure seems the type to persist.

Normally, I get the fortune cookies after the meal is finished, but I don't know about Japan or wherever this is supposed to take place. (I'm talking about when Aki went back to her food after the fortune.)

Overall, a good read from you. I still can't wait until you update the SR!