Reviews for Down Through the Years
arysani chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
I like it - because her child could not be expected to truly understand Kahlan's need for everything to be reset, not when she has a life of her own. And I like that you made it all about Lettie's decisions, how she struggled with it over the years, without anyone or anything forcing her hand - it made it seem more organic, more like the informed decision of a person rather than a puppet. And if the heir of Rahl wasn't a tyrant, after all the time, how many would realistically remember how horrible it had been, once upon a time?
NS chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Ouch...that was brilliant. I love your LotS fics!
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Interesting. That would be a tough thing for any child to swallow. Especially one who was loved and treated well to be asked to change everything she knows, even the fact of her existance and everyone she loved.

Thanks for posting.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Now that would be a twist. :)
tinylexie chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
An interesting look on how things would have been if Darken and Kahlan had had a daughter instead of a son. I always thought that Darken would probably be more loving towards a daughter, and he seemed good-natured to his daughter. Darken’s and Kahlan’s deaths both sound suspicious. I’m taking it that you will be going a little further with this. Nice job.
adamsfamily chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Brilliant! I love speculative fiction that takes off from what we are told in the show. "Reckoning" is such a fascinating episode anyway, and we are told so little about Kahlan's marriage. Yes, she actually was raising Nicolette to erase her own existence, and all to bring Richard back to Kahlan. Kahlan certainly isn't all sweetness and light, is she? I really like writers who get beneath the surface "sunny" goodness of Richard and Kahlan and show the darkness that does lurk there along with the light.