Reviews for In A Word
Mariel3 chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Hey! I really enjoyed this. I like the dynamics between the characters and TJs thoughts. Thanks for posting this!
Egle01 chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
I'm sure TJ would be a great mother. Now, if only the baby would survive...

Good fic. It was a good read. :)
Shenandoah Risu chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Awwww, this was awesome! I love the chemistry between TJ and Young. I know it's over betwen the two of them, but there is such an equality in their dealings with each other that it just warms my heart. I love your definition of a mom, too. Thanks for sharing!
Zhian'tara chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
"All she's done is make a mistake. That hardly qualifies her."

I imagine many women throughout history have felt the same as they await the birth of their child. This child will be born into difficult circumstances, certainly, but no child could hope for a better mother. TJ made a mistake when she had an affair with a married man but, from what we've seen of her character so far, she will fight tooth and nail for her child.

I recall an article where a reviewer referred to the SGU pregnancy plotline as "sterotypical". I do not agree. Pregnancy and its consequences are a natural part of a woman's life. It is not automatically stereotypical for a female character to be pregnant. It all depends on the writers and the specific depiction of that character. So far, SGU has done a beautiful job with its characters.

At this point, I am hoping that she does not lose the baby as a result of her injuries in the finale. I really want to see how the writers approach actual motherhood and childhood on Destiny.

You say a lot here with few words and you say it beautifully. Thank you.