Reviews for Tennis Teens for Charity
MissE3 chapter 7 . 2/17/2015
I love your writing. You haven't put up anything from this universe I a while, but I've been making my way through the archives, and you completely converted me into a Kirikam fan... Both because your stories are great and because your writing is amazing. Just thought I'd let you know.
Anon A. Mauze chapter 7 . 1/27/2015
...*POKE* ... *POkE* ... *POKE* ... Is it dead?
Nyx Nox Night chapter 6 . 12/22/2014
Hi! Just passing through and re-reading everything b/c I love it (and I'm getting back in the flow to finish my story and yours are so wonderful). Are you ever going to finish this series or just let it sit? Just curious as I love them and I re-read a lot :D Good luck in everything!
Nyx

ps this is on this chapter because I already reviewed the last one and can't review again...
rebecca chapter 7 . 1/11/2014
I love it!

When will you be finishing the piece?

If you don't plan on really finishing it ever, could you please post a last "chapter" bulletpointing the main action of the rest of the story, -who won, interactions, etc - and the scene where Kamio is told the truth?

You can always really finish it later. But please don't just leave it hanging!
demoncat13 chapter 7 . 3/15/2011
awsome story. please update.
Florina of Ilia chapter 7 . 11/24/2010
PLZ continue this! This is really good! And...

GO AKIRA AND AKAYA!
BleuFleur chapter 7 . 10/17/2010
There were a lot of good match-ups in this chapter, but a little lopsided in terms of the outcomes. I felt bad for Kikumaru drawing Kirihara - no matter how much his skills improved, there was little chance he'd win that match. The banter between Marui and Yagyuu was pretty funny, again mostly because Marui recognized he was in over his head. I like the grudging respect Silver Pair and MomoRyo had for their opponents' individual skills, and the snark between both sets of partners, although they all knew how the match was going to end. When it did end, Choutarou's confidence in his observation was very nice.

I feel bad for Kamio losing, but I'm happy Kaido won. Since Kirihara is playing Yagyuu, does that means it's a Kaido/Sengoku match on the other side? I have a feeling it'll be a Kaido/Kirihara championship. I was amused that it seemed like the Tezuka Zone tripped up Tezuka and Fuji's teamwork, but Gakuto's indignation at all of the singles players invading the sanctity of doubles was the best part of that match.

Sengoku continues to be the nickname champion. Love Fudo-Kai.

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but Akaya's disbelief about there being so many musical fans in the tennis world reminded me of TeniMyu. As for the rest of the Atobe/Jirou vs. Yukimura/Sanada match, I didn't expect Rikkai to lose, but it's a shame it ended the way it did. Jirou's interactions with Yukimura and Sanada were really interesting - I don't think I've read many (if any) stories where they get that much face-to-face time.

This story is so interesting and well-written. You've done a great job capturing the characters while believably maturing them as well as tastefully adding original characters to flesh out the main characters of the story. I'm looking forward to the conclusion!
BleuFleur chapter 6 . 10/17/2010
Dan randomly popping up at matches and bewildering the other observers/players was hilarious, and Muromachi's description of his actions was hilariously accurate.

I liked the dynamic you created between Tachibana and Kirihara - not entirely comfortable, but not hung up on events that were, as they said, three years ago.

Mori and Uchimora's reactions to An and Yuuta's "battle auras" was perfect. An practically adopting Yuuta into the Fudomine "family" at the end was a really sweet note to end the chapter on.
BleuFleur chapter 5 . 10/17/2010
I'm not sure which match I found funnier - Tezuka having to scold Fuji for flirting with his opponent and deal with capslock Aoi, or Echizen having to play against the doubles-inept but sweetly annoying Dan and nearly getting into a brawl (eventually joined by Momo) with his dad on the court.

Itsuki's drawnout "Why?" had me cackling just like Eiji. The running gag with Akaya not knowing people from some of the smaller schools was also pretty funny.

The picture you paint of the two years between the end of canon and this story's tennis season is really intriguing. I love the rivalry between Kamio and Hiyoshi. If Konomi ever decides (or gets around to) telling the story of the next tennis season, I think that would be a plausible turn of events. It was also nice to see that Mizuki has matured.

Although poor Kaneda. I wonder if anyone will ever love him enough to remember his name. Looks like some things never change.
BleuFleur chapter 4 . 10/17/2010
Yuuta is so falling for An, no matter how much he's trying not to think about it. They make a cute couple. I love how everyone just steps back and lets An fight her own battles. It's nice to have a strong female character.

I almost feel bad for the Hyotei first year at the sign-in desk. To be that ignorant is sad, but to be that ignorant to a collection of personalities such as An, Kamio, Kirihara and Sakurai? That's pretty pathetic.

Tezuka and Fuji are playing doubles? And that's just the tip of the iceberg! I love how so many of the singles players are trying doubles and the doubles partners are split into singles/coaches. It's making for a great atmosphere.

Lots of great quips this chapter! That kind of easy, teasing chatter goes a long way in demonstrating how close these characters are.
BleuFleur chapter 3 . 10/17/2010
I adore that Ibu is with Kamio at Rikkai, and that Yanagi found an outlet for him so that he's not constantly mumbling anymore. So clever! Niou, Marui and Akaya make for an interesting trio, and I love how Niou and Marui jump on board as soon as they hear who the proceeds are going to benefit.

Aha! The rest of Fudomine is at Jyousei? Wow. That school gets ignored a lot, so it's nice to see them get some screen time. But...An and Yuuta are going to play together! Sounds awesome. (Let me add here - insulting Echizen's tennis ability as a way of suckering him into playing doubles is classic.)

Oh, Dan in doubles. That should be adorable.

Fuji and Saeki? Interesting choice for a pairing. Those two could be dangerous together. Eiji wanting to try singles is precious. Yay for Oishi supporting him! (That comment about Eiji remembering "synchro" because it's English made me giggle. So many of their special techniques are in English, aren't they?) And even Taka-san is going to join in the fun! This tournament is shaping up to very interesting.
BleuFleur chapter 2 . 10/17/2010
The snippets of life in the Kamio household are both adorable and realistic. The banter of the Hyotei team was just as enjoyable. You really showed how they remained close friends and innately understand each other, such as Ohtori striking a balance while presenting the idea so that it appeals to everyone and Oshitari noting that Shishido can easily relate to Kamio's pride in accepting charity.

I'm really amused at how Atobe, Yukimura and Kirihara are plotting behind Kamio's back. I'm a little worried that it might blow up in their faces in the end, but I hope it'll work out. And...that poster. That mental image was giggle-inducing.
BleuFleur chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
I really like the premise for this story. I've only read one other story that featured Kamio/Kirihara as the main pairing, but it was so well-written that it made me seriously consider a relationship between those characters rather than regard it as another randomly generated crack pairing. Unfortunately, that story was never completed, but my appreciation for the pairing continues. You did a great job of establishing the relationship and their family lives without bogging the readers with too many details - although I'd enjoy if you decided to post a story that focuses on the early days of their relationship, too.

I like how you tied Kamio to Hyotei - the Shishido brothers to the rescue! The last line was great - of course Shishido would suggest a tennis fundraiser. The world really does revolve around tennis, after all.
MaeGar chapter 7 . 9/15/2010
I know this sounds kinda silly and maybe out of place, but can I just say that I love that you let Gakuto and Yuushi win that round? :3

I'm a Gakuto lover until the end and he never EVER has gotten to win a single match in the actual manga OR the anime. And this bugs me. For once I'd just like to see him win...just..once...

S-sorry, I guess I rambled there for a bit.

Your stories about Kamio and Kirihara remind me why I love these boys, maybe not quite as much as I do Gakuto, but there's enough love to go around!

Wonderful story, I've been a big fan of your channel for quite a while and finally decided to stop being lazy and get one myself so I can review things properly (and throw some of my own stories up there too, but that's neither here nor there).

Just wanted to hit those few points. I know that probably made no sense but...it's late and I'm tired so...

That is all!

Mae 8D
J.Prufrock chapter 2 . 8/27/2010
Oh, my God. I nearly flipped out when I realized that there was a KamiKiri fic in this universe that I haven't read yet. _

First and foremost, i must thank you for devoting the time to this much deserving coupling. As always, I enjoy the fullness of the chapters, the character developments, and all your attention to details of dialogue and descriptions that just make everything flow nicely.

The only criticism I would have is something I've noted from the way you write KamiKiri in general-that is, that it's kind of OOC. To me, the way you portray their relationship is a little odd. I think that at the high school age they would probably have stronger feelings for each other, but their love would also be more selfish. Kamio and Kirihara simply seem too mature, in my opinion; they're like a thirty year old couple thinking about children and all. Not to mention I don't think there's a chance that Kirihara would know how to cook. (But that's just a guess :D)

HOWEVER, I still love this and all your stories and may the world have more KiriKami fics. Thanks so much! I'll go back to reading now...