Reviews for No Such Thing
Krishka chapter 1 . 5/3
I loved this story, and I have lost count of how many times I have thought about it. Why Itachi did what he did, afterall wasn't he a genius, surely he could have found a win-win scenario. And he was equal to, if not more powerful than Danzõ, he could have killed him, even Shisui, who from what I have read on Narutopedia was planning on doing exactly that. Also on the matter of Madara, a clan full of Uchiha's could definitely have given him serious competition, not to mention help from other Konoha shinobis. And in any case, no one who is in great authority is fool enough to not understand the repercussions of a civil war. Also why the village forgot that many Uchiha's fought and died alongside other Konoha shinobi. But what happened happened.
I loved both Shishui and Naruto's answer though in Canon Shishui kinda sorta did the exact opposite of it or some twisted form of it, Naruto followed it as his Ninja way (*). But as in your story, "Eyes of the beholders", Shisui's meaning of a Shinobi justifies both Itachi and Shishui's decisions. Also the ending with Kakashi being proud, knowing for him what's the meaning of friends and friendship, it was another one of your perfect endings.

(*) The reason I say so is beautifully explained and kind of based on the fanfic titled, "The Temple at the Fork", by 'Medicinal Biscuit'. If possible, please check it out. Thankyou.

Have a nice day :) :) :)
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Itachi should have tried to find a third is always a third way. I agree- no such thing as no-win.

Gai! His epic amazing beats Kakashi's cool anyday...
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
I liked this. Shisui's great, and I like Guy's little cameo. Happy endings for all! :D

As for Yugito (the Cloud jinchuriki), she was nearly thirty when she died, so she easily could've been taking the exams at that time.

Nice work!
Hijokugei chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
WOOOT! I LIKE IT! Very nice introspective topic, I wish more people would write like you.
buduica chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
There are so, so many ways Itachi could have turned the situation around. While this story gives me a fluffy feeling, it also makes me a bit sad as I think of how badly canon went for the Uchiha.