Reviews for A Set of Memories
random-k chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Wow Gourgous
Rae Montgomery chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Wow. This was a truly powerful fic, it actually made me tear up. And as sad and terrible as this was, it had just the right amount of sweetness. I loved it. :)
sliz225 chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Ah, poor Evvy. Pierce's account of Yanjing isn't slated for a few more years, so I'm glad we have you to flesh out the details now.
Sweet Sassy Sarah chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Kris,

Sorry I've been a failure at reviewing. I swear I'm back now :)

As you know, I LOVE this story. Your Evvy is SO good, really, just BRILLIANT, and your Briar? Well, your Briar makes my heart melt.

This was an amazing story, and you're an amazing writer.

Love,

Sarah
Pippa Spark chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
You write so well *jealous*. And I liked your idea of what happened in Gyongxe, and the way you portrayed Evvy (not a favourite character of mine, but I actually liked her in this :D).
Moonprincess202 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
I loved this. It was nice to see someone's idea of what happened in Gyongxe.
icecreamlova chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Nice to see that someone can actually talk sense into Briar :) I see quite a few of your works have this exploration of darkness, but it only becomes more effective every time. I particularly like the memories inserted into the flow. They seemed a little out of place in the beginning, like they were coming out of nowhere, but I could see how they started to converge with the present toward the end, and I've always loved those switches.
Ace Ryn Knight chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I really like this story. It made me smile all the way though despite the grim content as the characters felt very in-character.
lionesseyes13 chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
The Lioness bat-owl is finally reviewing:)

Anyway, I enjoyed the story, and I think that you did a good job weaving together the different memories in the various sections of the piece to form a clear picture of the day.

I think that you did a fine job of keeping everyone in character, and, as usual you didn't shy away from the darker sides of people, which, being morbid, I like. Briar's guilt over essentially killing the man just because he was in the way was really moving, and so was Evvy's insistence that he wasn't, because of his childhood given a choice about violence, just like she wasn't, and that Briar was never bad.

All in all, I liked it a lot, and I would probably come up with a more articulate review if my brain hadn't been sapped by babysitting.
LAHH chapter 1 . 6/29/2010