Reviews for Patron Saint
cannibalisticReaper chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Damn THIS was deep. Powerful stuff here, you're writing is so amazing. Fantastic job keeping everything perfect.
entwined-in-a-web chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Awww! This was really good! I love when author's really get into their character's heads!

Great job! D
The Burning Rose chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
You know, when i read that you hadn't seen the play yet, I thought, "Oh crap. This is gonna be terrible." However, it was good. It actually did follow the story, and it sounded like Jimmy, Johnny and Whatshername.

However, if you want to improve it, I have a suggestion that, in mu opinion, will make it awesome.

I suggest that you change it from a third person story to a first person story, from the point of view of Jimmy, in the form of a journal or thoughts. It would make it seem more real. It would even work where you say he's never really gone.

But, its your story. Nice work.

-SmurfLoversPancake
GreenDayFab chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
To be honest, this doesn't read like a piece of fan fiction. I understand you haven't seen the musical- I took that into account as I read it. To me, this reads like an outline for a piece. The beginning was good. The beginning felt like it was leading up to something, but there was no something. It was just thoughts, and not much structure. It read like this was what you wanted your piece to be about, instead of what it actually was about.

~'Fab
jdwench87 chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
This was really good! I've seen the musical on broadway and I absolutely LOVED it! I love character stories like this and St. Jimmy is definitely an interesting character to write about! I liked it!