Reviews for Takamachi Nanoha of 2814
Cyberchao X chapter 5 . 2/9
Oh G-d Evangeline broke her. I didn't think I'd ever see anything be able to do that to Nanoha...and, yeah, I can imagine Superman would probably get a bit exasperated with a 10-year-old girl Green Lantern. Although I'm sure it'll be even funnier when it's Batman instead of Superman.
Cyberchao X chapter 4 . 2/9
This is just too epic. I love all of this crossover energy.
Cyberchao X chapter 3 . 2/9
Ah, yes, I wish I could get my work on TvTropes. That's where I found this. Most of the time I don't produce anything long enough to be worth giving its own page, but Lonely No More is clocking in large enough-and is OC-heavy enough-that I may end up giving it a page myself. Not yet, though; maybe once it's done and its Fictionpress spinoff is up and moving. Love all the crossovers, especially the comments about Tomoyo's uploads to YouTube.
Cyberchao X chapter 2 . 2/9
Okay, Nanoha seems even loopier here than usual. But now she's got her canon powers AND is a Green Lantern...
Cyberchao X chapter 1 . 2/9
This is going to be epic. I'm not much for American comics so I'm a little unfamiliar with Green Lantern abilities, but from what I know, giving them to Nanoha is probably going to make for a rather powerful heroine.
y1fellas chapter 29 . 2/1
This story is a mess. Honestly, describing it as just a 'mess' doesn't begin to describe the ridiculous amounts of junk that you've crammed together to craft this thing which kinda resembles a story.

I guess the main issue I had with this story, is there's really nothing to it beyond a collection of anime and trope references as well as cheep character gags. The only part of this whole thing that I thought was particularly interesting, at least as far as the story is concerned, was the time travelling aspect. Other than that, the characters are all pretty one note, lacking any real depth, development or even being portrayed in a different. The closest thing you had to an interesting take on any of the characters was Fate, what with the whole "is utterly terrified constantly but keeps going anyway", but you only mention it a few times and never really flush it out in a meaningful way.

The plot itself improves as the story goes, but starts out VERY scattered, confusing, and messy. And heaven forbid someone try to understand this story without at least reading the Fate/Stay Night spin off, or else things will make even less sense then they do.

Also, where the heck was Fate as a yellow lantern? It was promised so early on, what with the premonitions and stuff, and I was even linked to this story via a cool pic of Fate as a yellow lantern, and it just never happens. I'm honestly disappointed, because Fate learning her fear powers and role in a rather nasty organisation like the Sinestro Corps struck me as an actually rather interesting plot line to take. Heck, Nanoha's whole 'learning responsibility and moral greyzones' with the green ring could have been cool too, but you just blew past that in favor of more fairly cheap gags and a burning terror of including anything that so much as LOOKS like a character arc.

All that aside, I guess this story does the main thing it needs to, because it is funny. Being an anime fan, fan fiction writer and occasional troper, I can't deny that this was really really funny at points. Some of the jokes were overused, ('ask your parents' had me eye rolling by the end) but basically whenever you wanted me to laugh I did.

And some of the badass moments were pretty great too. Batman as Beserker, Tomoyo as... whatever that was, and both Fate and Nanoha did have some pretty cool things scattered between them.

In the end, I guess I kinda begrudgingly like this story, despite the fact that it completely lacks most of the qualities I usually look for in a good story. I would have liked this so much more if you'd spent less time introducing a billion different characters from countless crossovers, and more time actually flushing out the cast you had. You know, things like relationships, character arcs, ohana means family as opposed to wincest?

Anyway.
Rhavis chapter 29 . 1/31
I just marathoned this and FATE.

My lungs and eyes are bleeding.
Dramon Creator chapter 10 . 1/9
What did Tomoyo do with Lee's sword?
Guest chapter 7 . 12/9/2013
I like the discworld references.
Story Weaver1 chapter 22 . 11/22/2013
I say that people call this a crack fic because it has things like Crazy!Tomoyo, Vita's erotic ice cream, Guardians of the Universe as shippers and a general atmosphere of wackiness. It started serious, became silly, and it's serious again.

Nanoha finds paperwork relaxing? That would explain it.

Berserker as a guardian angel. That's an intriguing perspective, and awfully sweet too.

Midori-ya must make mighty good cakes...

Nanoha-ed. I like it.
Story Weaver1 chapter 21 . 10/4/2013
This was a really cool chapter. So serious, unlike your usual crack.

Never has the contrast between Traditionalist Nanoha and non-traditionalist Fate been more apparent or more appropriate.

The Guardians of the Universe are shippers? I don't know what's scarier, that or the fact they watch reality TV.

Omnitrix...If Harhuna got a hold of that thing...*shudder*

'because it let Fate shine.' Shine she did. That moment focused all the awesome of the chapter into a concentrated point like the blade leading up to it!
Story Weaver1 chapter 20 . 9/25/2013
Nanoha the workaholic is both scary and funny. All those police codes...

Gatekeeper crossover. I haven't watched that show in ages.

Nodoka's mind scimming was fun. It's the contrast between Sailor Moon and Haruna and Gilgamesh.
Crow667 chapter 4 . 9/13/2013
last tale my magic skill magister IS Chao activation key negi goes with raskterl maskir magister good job with your series! cant wait for the war of light!
Crow667 chapter 3 . 9/13/2013
bad end blackest night timeline? oho this i gotta see
Story Weaver1 chapter 19 . 9/8/2013
Wow, this was an emotional chapter for the knights. Both the negative and the positive; especially the positive. I'm amazed that you could do this with all the silliness in between them.

Evangeline the Noble Demon is so much fun to read. Also, Nanoha phobia of her. Most of all, ""Shinmeiryu Zanmaken Ni-no-Tachi! In Celebration of Elegant Meido Swordswoman AngelGARd's First Kiss With Her Magus Albus Ojou-sama Strike!""" LOL!
517 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »