Reviews for When I Am Wise
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
This was a great story! Well done!
Friendly Feanorian chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
There is some good writing here, Jenny. An interesting interpretation on the Elrond and Elros story.
lilo chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Many good elements in it but you forget there twins...
justsoyou know chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
Elros and Elrond were TWINS. :)
Rosemary For Remembrance chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
WHAA! *tears* All I can say is... you've done them justice! *pose of victory* Wonderful! Lovely! Sad...
Chibi Mo
*Formerly Elwen-Half Elven
XNemesis chapter 1 . 11/9/2003
Elrond and Elros were twins. And Maedhros was with Maglor too.

But I liked this despite the fact that you forgot this, I like this.

XNemesis
Diane J chapter 1 . 7/5/2003
How can you improve on this work!I loved the fluent flow of the language which was in keeping with the Tolkien .
Finwen chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
Even after reading this fic so many times, I still find it one of your most beautiful, and best. It just feels *right,* at the end, that they make the choices that they do, even though it is also upsetting. That last spoken line, Elros's line...that fills my eyes with tears every time. *sniff*

Gemma
OwenHJones chapter 1 . 10/21/2002
i like it, will lread more later.

Gimli Rocks!
Gabrielle Lawson chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
Very good insight there. The Silmarillion doesn't let us get close to the characters so Elrond and Elros are left kind of distant. We don't get their thoughts and feelings, but you let us have them here at the monumental choice they made. Thank you.
Linmenel chapter 1 . 6/7/2002
Wow! That is really all I have to say. An amazing take on the story. It's incredibly well-written. I love how its so factually accurate too. What more can I say? I love it! I look forward to reading more of your work!
Mouse chapter 1 . 6/6/2002
Ooh... so lovely and painful and so *real*. I had tears coming to my eyes at the end. I couldn't imagine before how horrible that parting must have been, having a close sibling myself... but this gives me an idea. Your Elros is a charmer too, by the way. And Elrond is perfect.
Ilmare1 chapter 1 . 6/6/2002
very deep and touching! You really had the grasp of their feeling and how it helped them to decide their future life!
Celandine Brandybuck chapter 1 . 6/5/2002
Beautiful back story - Elros and Elrond are completely believable as brothers, their attachment to each other rings very true. You chose interesting reasons for them each to have made the decisions that they did... Elros will achieve immortality through his descendants. Touching that Elrond already regrets his. And the references to earlier events, and foreshadowing of later ones, are nicely integrated. [One v. small nitpick - a cube has 6 sides. ;-)]
Allyse chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
This was... wow. Just wow, I think. What a beautiful, bittersweet parting. Once Elros set sail, after all, the two would never see each other again. You sketched this out just beautifully.

I admit that I've always pictured Elrond and Elros as twins, rather than siblings of different ages. I'm intrigued at the prospect, although I think I would have been even more intrigued if you'd made Elros the elder. :) Mind you, I haven't had the chance to read anything beyond Silm and UT, so perhaps there's confirmation in HoME that I've never seen.

Thanks for a really lovely story.