Reviews for Reflection
Esther261 chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
I knew Jeanette was gonna tell Eleanor about what Simon said in the end anyway I loved the story it was short and sweet :)
NoahRoanSeville chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
This is the 200th time I've read this story and I still looooove it!
Savanity chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Very moving. I love it!
Munkbro4 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
If they aren't boyfriend/girlfriend yet, why did Simon kiss jeanette twice? though the story was really nice.
Brellanette Rocks chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
That was UH MAZE ING! Did I pass English you ask? Barley! Haha but seriously that was great! Shang is the best character in Mulan! ~Brella
Simon wanna be chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Well I liked the story, it was a little hard to understand at first with the song intertwined the way it was. Bit once I understood it, I loved it. I am adding it to my community: Simon and Jeanette Love Stories. Here's the link s/6112345/1/Miserable_Life
KellyGirl chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Awww! That was so sweet! I love ya Wendy! And that is "Relfection" from Mulan! LOL, Wendy used to sing that all the time, and she knew all the words.
Rose chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Omg this is so sweet; Wendy is such an awesome writer ... Please wendy, get better!

I love this song! It's from the movie 'Mulan', right?
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
awww, not only is this a cute story, but it is sooo nice all of these aurthors are doing this stuff for wendy. god bless you all and wendy.
Mattie chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
*Still crying* Another story of Wendy's. I found it hidden in her journal, the one on her hospital bedside table. It was just such a scute, sweet story. I just hopes she wakes up long enough to see it...

Cornfield Dreams

Summary: A cute story about two small, smart, and sweet Chipmunks.

English Friendship/Romance Rated: K Chapters:1 Words: Simon S. and Jeanette M.

The cornfield seemed to stretch out forever, golden stalks waving in the breeze. The sky was blue and crystal clear. It might have been heaven.

At least to the two small Chipmunks running through the field.

Four year old Jeanette tumbled through the maze of stalks, laughing. Despite being the tallest of her sisters, her head was only halfway up to the corn. She wore a blue shirt and purple skirt, the purple ribbon in her brown hair sailing behind her. Jeanette heard a noise behind her, and gleefully started running again.

Four year old Simon chased after his friend, laughing as he tried to see the flashes of purple from between the gold stalks. His oversized blue sweatshirt dragged across the dirt ground, nearly tripping him. Simon spotted the brunette, and happily darted after her.

The bespectacled two ran after each other, enjoying the warm summer sun. It was everything two four year old Chipmunks could want.

Jeanette turned her head for a split second and ran right into one of the towering stalks. A cob of the growing corn escaped and landed on her head.

Simon rushed to her. “Are you all right?”

Rubbing her head, Jeanette looked up at him and started giggling. She closed her emerald green eyes and began laughing hysterically. Simon began laughing along with her and they laid on the ground, calming down. Sunrise was starting, and the sun had turned a brilliant orange color. It began to slowly sink down the horizon. The sky was pink and purple, clouds turning gold. It was so beautiful.

Jeanette rolled onto her side, and suddenly felt shy staring into the cerulean eyes of her best friend in the whole world. “Uh, I love the sunset. Don’t you?”

Simon felt his tongue tie as his best friend’s green eyes glittered. “You’re right, it-it’s really beautiful.”

They silenced as the sun slipped down the gently rolling green hills. Dusk settled over the fields, and, as if someone had pushed a button, an orchestra of crickets started serenading the night. If an artist had been there, she might of fainted at how good this night was for a model.

The friends were in utter hush, hypnotized by the stunning scenery. Jeanette’s heart skipped a beat as she gathered her thoughts. “You know, I’m so glad we came here. This must be the most beautiful place on earth.” The sky was dark now, stars starting to emerge.

Simon froze. “It is amazing. I-I’m just happy we could come here together.”

A breeze blew, a bit colder then before. Jeanette moved closer to him. “Me too. Spending time with you, makes me just ecstatic. I-I just can’t help it.”

“I’ve always felt the same way. When I’m with you, it seems like the earth has disappeared and we’re the only ones left.” (Pretty romantic for four year olds!)

Jeanette smiled, and shivered again.

Simon noticed this. “Are you cold?”

“Just a little bit.”

Simon draped the jacket he had brought over her. The warm blue fleece tickled her chin.

“That was really nice.”

“Anything for my best friend.”

“Uh, do best friends make your heart beat around them?”

He paused. “I don’t know, but it sure makes my heart beat.”

Jeanette looked up at the night sky. “Maybe we’re not best friends. Maybe we’re something else.”

“Like what?”

“Like what Alvin and Brittany call themselves. Um, what were they again?”

“A couple?”

“Right! They’re a couple. They hold hands, and walk to school together, and fight all the time.”

“Do we have to fight?”

Jeanette laughed. “No, I think they only do that. But we could do the first two things they do.”

Simon took her hand. “Let’s start with the first one.” He felt his heart start pumping.

Jeanette’s face turned red. “I think I like this,” she whispered.

Simon reached up and broke off a few pieces of stalk. He braided them together and placed it on her head. “Now we’re a couple.”

Jeanette laughed, but straightened the crown. “I love it.”

Simon sat up. “I love you.”

They scooted together, and watched the stars arrange themselves into constellation. They were officially a couple.