Reviews for The Shelf Life of Memory
crystalblue19 chapter 1 . 2/19
Aw, I loved this, I just adore the way they constantly met up and got to know each other and just grew closer with every meeting and also gotta enjoy the fact that everyone was in on getting those two together. xD
roxicodone chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
My Cloti is screaming betrayal but my love for Tifa is screaming HOORAH because...of course she is enough. Beautful story, just the right amount of the both of them.
Sabrina Vasquez chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Omg I love this story good job
damagectrl.07 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
This was beautiful. Brilliant. I loved it so much.

Great job!
drinktea chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
I read this way back when you first released it, and have found it re-released! And man, oh man, I STILL completely love it.
Kelly chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
I still love this story. :)

Still sigh and rest my chin on my fist as I finish it.

Good read!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
...I've never even played Kingdom Hearts. Not once. Never read a fanfic, never really looked at fanart. I know nothing about these people.

But after reading this, I feel like I do know them, like I've known them... my whole life, practically. And judging from other reviews, it's a bit of a crack pairing, but - it feels perfect to me. And I don't doubt that any other pairing you write about will feel the same way, because you're not just good - you're fantastic. You are a fantastic writer. :o

You just take words and put them together in a way that /sounds/ right, and you create this wonderful atmosphere of longing and old hurt and hopefulness and it's just lovely to read. Absolutely beautiful. I found myself hoping SO hard that they'd have a happy ending. To make a reader care so much takes talent!

Man, I can't believe how much I love this. Usually fanfiction is for fans, haha. XD But you've sort of - pulled me in, somehow. This is a really, really great story. Forget applause, it's more like a standing ovation. :)

Tendolover chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
awwwww okay i think I offical like Tifa and Leon being together rather than Cloud and Tifa!
Bokeh.Burn chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
this is a great story! you should continue it in another oneshot or something i think i have a few ideas
EternalAria chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
That was so good! You really made it beleivable. I've never read a LeonxTifa before, but that was great. :)
Sixth Night chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I was unsure, at first, simply at the mix of Squall and Tifa. I wasn't sure if anyone could pull that odd of a pairing off. I had to start slow, one sentence at a time. As I got further, I realized how I couldn't wait to get to the next section. Couldn't stop. I love that in a book, so it's nice to find that in a fan fic. I was proven wrong, you were able to write this pairing amazingly well. The pace was even and nothing felt rushed or contrived.

I must confess, I played 8 before I played 7 just because of what age I was when I first picked up a Final Fantasy. I had a particular like for Squall (or Leon I suppose), and I am so glad to see someone finally do him justice. He was quiet, but he was pretty deep and had a way of being a smart ass without doing it like some of the other characters. I felt that was captured. And I must say, this is about the best Tifa I've read. I felt when she tested the name Squall, that sentence was completely her. I could see her in my mind saying those words. Thanks for the imagery! I look forward to the sequel.
Anshu chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
The arsenal of your word creativity never fails to demolish the prejudice, traditions cast out on characters. Be it Aerith’s sense of perceptiveness, Cid’s maturity, Yuffie’s playfulness and yet that brilliant touch of ‘Vincent’s’ reference in pointy-tipped gold shoes… and of course, Cloud’s stupid head-ness… I wonder how you do it. To gauge at the efficacy with such depth, such passion… it’s a pure joy to behold your outstanding narration, Motchi.

In terms of Tifa and Leon, I enjoyed the walk on the egg shells, the overtures and the emotional disclosures and closures with ‘honey laced with heartache.’ And furthermore, ‘heartache laced with hope.’ You’re a magician of words. You play with twist and turns of imagination. The swirling visions of strawberries to chocolates, the roller-coaster ride of falling, salvations and redemptions… I honestly want to know how you do it. Sheer brilliance! You’re immensely talented. Never quit, there are no substitutes to your work. Thank you so much for writing and sharing this. It’s an exception piece of work.
Squeeze-the-Fish chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
I remember reading this the first time and being totally captured by your writing and by my first experience with this pairing. I can tell you, not much has changed. I’m glad you reposted this. I’m still in love with it for all the reasons before, maybe more, now that this pairing has become my OTP. Thanks for thinking of me and bringing this story back into the light, it totally made my day!

Lindsey chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
It's so good seeing this story again. Boy I've missed your work. I'm not a member of but I frequently visit and I always loved reading your updates. Gray was a favorite -hint-hint- :) Actually I can't remember a story of yours I didn't like. You've got a good writing style.

I love how you write Tifa, especially. Heck, I like how you write everyone.

Thank you for the present, Motchi. And now, all that's left to say is, Encore. Encore!
justagirl8225 chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
I am such a sucker for non-canon pairings and this one, in particular, there's just something about those two that just strikes me.. and when the pairing is well written (with enough build up towards it, slowly opening up to each other and such) it just makes it that much more enjoyable.

really wonderful work.