Reviews for By Blood
Lt-Spork89 chapter 41 . 6/5
Another amazing chapter! I can't wait to read the next one!
ChocAndSnow19 chapter 41 . 6/5
Poor Hisako... I feel so sorry for her. I've had a feeling that something like this would happen. Loss is a terrible thing - but I hope she'll finally be at peace now. They way you wrote that scene is impeccable. It's wonderful how you conveyed so many different emotions in those paragraphs.

"She was sure his soul was in the ocean, his laughter in the wind and his heart in the earth." I have to say that this is my favourite sentence. ;) You succeeded in interweaving Thomas with the nature surrounding him, which is amazing. I also like how you encompassed different storylines (Teola's, Tallulah's, Hisako's and Eugene's) into one whole. Despite where they are, they are all trying to find some sort of peace. That was quite compelling to read. :)

By the way, in one of the previous chapters, you wrote that Teola visited a law firm without Frank's knowledge. Will the next chapter reveal something more about that? I'm curious to see what she planned to do.

All in all, I have nothing but praise for you and your writing. :) I'll wait patiently for the next chapter.

I wish you a lovely day! :)

ChocAndSnow19
ChocAndSnow19 chapter 40 . 6/1
Dear EllieMayy,

I can hardly describe how thrilled I am to see this story uploaded. For a while, I thought that it will remain unfinished at chapter 39... well, I'm glad that I was wrong. :)

Your story is beautifully written and it was a real page-turner for me. I could hardly stop once I'd started reading it. ;) By the way, the characters from the series are spot on, while your OCs are very realistic. They seem as if they have stepped out of the same script as Gene, Sid and the others. :) But, although Tallulah is one of the major characters, I have to admit that Hisako is my favourite. I don't think I'll forget the conversation she had with Tallulah when they had first met. It was brilliant!

When it comes to Gene and Sid, I'm relieved to hear that they will be all right - as well as Tallulah and little John. And I'm very curious to see where the story will go in the end!

Best wishes,

ChocAndSnow19
Lt-Spork89 chapter 40 . 5/25
More soon I hope? I adore this story!
Lt-Spork89 chapter 39 . 12/7/2013
Please tell me you plan to update this soon! I had been sitting in my room and remembered this story, I realized I was a few chapters behind and just had to get caught up. And then I realize it is another cliff hanger! I have to know that things work out for them all!
Kit-Marie chapter 39 . 12/29/2012
Complete shock when Sid and Gene got hit... I can't believe you did that! I don't want either of them to die, but it makes such. a . !
Great work again! I became a sentimental sad sap when Eugene produced the direct transfer instrument and persisted to Sid about it- the quote 'Blood Brothers' really made me take a journey and think about all those years they had growing up with eachother, it just makes me sad that the relationship might end- permanently.
Very dramatic scene when Tallulah hears about Sid and Gene-basically summarising the events since Gene left- it's difficult to describe but I am certian you conveyed the right emotion? ( I'm not really sure what it is exactly just it was very good and dramatic).
. !
Can't wait until the next chapter, hope you had a nice day!
caught-offsides chapter 39 . 12/28/2012
Ahh, so wonderfully written but so depressing! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Kit-Marie chapter 38 . 12/25/2012
Wow, a chapter dedicated to me? I feel so honoured and happy, even though I just left a review for you, but thank you for that! :D
Onto the review...
Even though the chapter was a little short, the well written content surpassed that factor- it was as if I was watching (or reading?) a more detailed and more complex version of 'The Pacific' and I really enjoy how you convey what is on screen to writing, how the 'real life' characters in the mini series are accuratly portrayed even though you add in your own creative spin.
( This is why i don't write- my writing and sentence structure and composition is utterly catastophic and appalling...)
Tallulah's thoughts upon screaming were very intensly dramatic and immersing, I found it gut wrenchingly sad on how she treats John with the utmost affection and love and care- the way you wrote that was just mind blowing.

Oh! I have a question, have you actually read a fanfiction about a book/tv series/ movie and never actually watched/read it before- It was actually your story that got me watching The Pacific ( Thank goodness for that- the show is golden!) so I thank you for uploading this!.

So...yeah! :D
kit-marie chapter 37 . 12/25/2012
John. Basilone.
*sobs and whimpers
Why oh why must you write so beautifully about such a sad event? I enjoy reading through your story, the way you convey and present the events to the reader with such indepth feeling and emotion- really moving and effective.
I really love the relationship of Teola and Thomas, even though it's not as featured in the story, I can just imagine him stationed in Mobile, their sweet and simple love and affection for each other.

Immensely enjoying your story, though I went onto your page and eagerly scrolled for 'A Smile To Die For' a story about Liegott and to my dismay i could not find it...

( I would like to very much read it please)

I am very happy that Sidney and Tallulah are together, yet when Eugene appears in your story, my heart weeps for him and part of me really wants for him and Tallulah to be together.
Oh just my opinion...

*I'm not sure if your interested but there is a really good OC story (Band of Brothers) about Winters and a Female Paratrooper... " Such Great Heights"

Well Happy Holidays! And Hello/Goodbye from Australia!
Charmichan chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Miss Ellie Mayy, your story is like one of those books that you just can't put down. I've been reading non-stop for hours, eager to know what will happen with the boys and Tallulah. I'm a Sledgehammer fan and I'm really happy that you gave him the chance to fight for the girl (even though she's already knocked up, but who knows ei?). I also like the way you justified his reason for leaving although he kinda sound whiny pointing out that it was Tallulah that was selfish. I hope in your next update, you'll find it in your heart to redeem his whining ass ;) Also I'm very surprised that the Banikan natives can speak Tagalog :D If you ever decide on using Japanese dialogues, I'll be more than happy to help :)

Great plot, addictive pacing and lovable characters! Please update soon!

Still rooting for Sledgehammer,
Charmichan
Marigold Faucet chapter 36 . 8/14/2012
Oh how I have missed you and the lovely Tal.

As it always had been before, this was a great chapter. I think the way that Eugene handled the entire situation with Tal in this chapter to be very mature.

Also Sid's dream seemed to be a harrowing omen and I look forward to (though with much trepidation) seeing where it leads.

xMinty
bayumlikedayum chapter 35 . 7/5/2012
Hey! This is going to be a short review (sorry for that!) but I just wanted to say that I love what you talked about when you were saying that killing a man didn't make you a man and firing a gun didn't make you a soldier. That is so true and so well put! Eugene is acting like a total bumbag. The jerk. I can understand why he's upset, but he frigging LEFT her. He relinquished his claim on her. So I really don't see why he's being such a bumbugger. The jerk. Well. I can see why. But I still think he's a jerk lol. Anywho, I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the chapter and I'm looking forward to more. :)
Marigold Faucet chapter 35 . 7/4/2012
Hooray!
Marigold Faucet chapter 34 . 6/27/2012
Hooray! You're back! I've missed Tal so much :)
CarlenieBeanie chapter 33 . 6/22/2012
Ellie, it's been a while so I doubt you even remember me... but I was just looking through my story alerts and I saw By Blood and I thought, "Huh, I haven't caught up on that story in a while, I think I shall." And since I've caught up, I need to tell you this; Keep writing girl! This story is fantastic and I seriously cannot wait for an update, I should be heading back to my stories here tomorrow, so yeah. We can be update buddies! Can't wait for the next chapter! You're a truly amazing author. -Carlene