Reviews for A Man Called Tuesday
Guest chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
I can't even. That was just so beautiful. Damn! :o
dracosfairmaiden chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Wow, great story!

I love the description in this. You portray Cloud's inner anguish really well. I hate it when people say Cloud is emo. He has a right to be after all that's happened to him. It's so sad that he misses Zack and Aerith. I also love his feelings towards Denzel, Marlene, and Tifa.

Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
Beautiful!
Palo112 chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Holy cow, I can't believe I haven't read this one before. I freaking love this, it's short and all, but almost perfectly balanced. I love the medical book and how you reference pages and places. Cloud's jumbled mind is so well done in this. Even the title is awesome. Serious kudos to you. I gotta say I freaking love your writing. I hope a muse hits you again one of these days.
RadioRacer chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
*slowly rises to feet as applause gains speed*
That was. *gasps, sniff* just so good. You write so well!
xoVanilla-Bean chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Perfectly angsty.

I don't know what's up with abusing Tuesdays, since it seems like everyone abuses them. But I liked that detail. :D

I really love your style in this - like the beginning, how there is so much detail that seems meaningless and lost, already, but then you come back to it in the end. That's my favorite. And the beginning line and ending line being the same ~

And I like all the symbolism. Like the pictures in the book, the silent life, and all the imagery. You had my brain working from purple frills to nooses to needles and laboratories, to the allusion of Mt. Nibel and Hojo. The scene seemed to be always changing, but you were still in the same place, and there really weren't any bumps or hiccups - it was all so smooth.

I think this was a refreshing take on why Cloud isolated/quarantined (which I thought was another nice take on wording :)) himself - you were able to craft a deeper, darker tone of the whole ordeal. I've never even thought about how rough it would have been, or how absolutely impossible/confusing/uncertain living together with death all over the place could be.

Oh and - with the I's becoming e's, I'm super curious. Did you mean something about selfish/selflessness that Cloud was going to do, like living in the church later on? Or does it not mean anything besides description?

ANNNDDDD...I was going to try to give you constructive criticism, but I'm not sure how. :/ The pace wasn't jarring - it was well-thought out - and there wasn't anything that was mind-blowingly confusing (word phrasing or muddy paragraphs or something like that). I don't think it's melodramatic either (because sometimes angst is just too over the top, but I don't think yours was. In fact, I thought it was crisp and clean and bruising (:

So thanks for posting this. :D It was awesome, and it makes you think, and it makes you feel. And it doesn't have hope! (and I always applaud writers who don't have to put hope in their stories~ because it's just - it's just so. jkdla;heia )
Chibipinkbunny chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Yeah, you better be sorry! You know how much I love my Cloti fluff. Major disappointment here. . . lol.

You know it's interesting, the thing with the ( )'s. It's very stylized and it's something I could never do, yet many authors do it. Faulkner does it among a list of others. I'm still reading that book actually. . . lol. Well, working seven days a week didn't give me much time to even breathe. Oy, but I digress, back to this lovely story.

I liked this line, "There were, of course, the usual fragments. . . " I suppose in a way it's implying that he's broken or a broken man put together for his thoughts are fragmented. Most people don't think in fragments so I thought that was interesting.

Then there is something as innocuous as, ". . . something worth a delivery of produce from Edge to Kalm. . . " that stands out just because it helps tie the story into the Final Fantasy VII realm. Also, Cloud would think this as he is a deliveryman.

The little dialogue scene between the Father/Man and Woman was powerful. It really sent the point home that not only is Cloud far from being the perfect father/partner but he also considers himself so different than ideal. It also points out that he has this ideal family in his mind. You know, he never really had one so perhaps his vision is skewed as well. Then the dialogue bit is followed by this, "The scene was an unfinished black and white, though it faded to silver screen silence when he turned another page," which lends a surrealistic/dreamlike quality to it. They say that dreams are in black and white, though mine have always been in color. It also makes it seem like it could have been in another life, or maybe not even his life. Perhaps he doesn't even feel like he's completely alive. I'm sure the edges of reality are blurry for him.

Of course you brought this in here, "And he'd gotten the perfect happy ending and maybe the perfect romance for all he knew. . . " I always enjoy a slight mockery of cliche phrases :P I think I do that as well for Zack. He should have also had the happy ending with the pretty girl, but it just turned out so damn wrong. . . Can I say that? Was that word blurted out?

The part with Zack and Aerith was eerie, ". . . two pairs of dead eyes and one that sometimes looked almost red." Awwwww! Cloud misses his Zack Okay, I'll stop. . .

Yeah I liked this line, "The black ink almost seemed derived from the necrosis and seepage oozing off the page along with all the other medical bullshit spouted by someone who knew nothing of what it felt like to die, hadn't killed anything more than a pig yellow and bloated on formaldehyde, and then, saw it purely scientifically." Not because it was pretty, on the contrary it was disgusting and grotesque, but it was powerful. Also, I like the word necrosis :P

Wow, these lines stopped me when I first read them. So awesome! "He pulled the thread of one memory, and a piece of his soul that had been haphazardly stitched on, fell out and away. The frantic maneuvers to get it back in place left his fingers ensnared in sutures, slipknots, and nooses. He couldn't get free. Someone would have to cut him out, but how to do that, when a snip here could easily rend away the rest of his soul or maybe even gut him? What would happen to him? Where would he go?"

These lines also stopped me when I first read them and I went back to read it a few more times because I liked it so much, "Did the two—love and pain—go hand in hand on some sick carousel? Had he unknowingly purchased a fatal ticket by loving them, by waiting in line to be loved? He considered that they might have hurt less if they hadn't loved him. Perhaps the way to peace and enlightenment came from sitting alone in a holy place: a bridgeless mountain or a broken church, seeing nothing, feeling nothing; being nothing.

(Quarantined.)"

So, I guess there's no REAL conclusion to this. He didn't remember that which he was supposed to remember, or did he? I suppose that was the point of this, or maybe I missed the point. . . Gah, I'm not good at literary interpretation.

Probably the most beautiful thing about this, besides the fact that it's disjointed, fragmented, and so Cloud is that nothing stands out. Okay, that didn't come out right. I mean the whole thing just has a really nice flow to it, even with the disjointedness. I'm not sure if that came out right either. Anyway, I loved it _ *claps* You make fanfiction an art ;)
mom calling chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Hola, demonegg. I've read this over a coupla times now-it is Wednesday and safe to do it. It doesn't change much, from reading to reading, except in familiarity... I wanted to say something clever and erudite about it, but just now realized that's silly. You've already said it. I just have to let you know I've read it, and I think I get it. Doesn't mean my heart doesn't break, but the words remain as written, and it's up to me now to get on with it. Same as Cloud has to do. He may or may not eventually get it-I have to think that he will come to that. But that's probably my need peeking out. Not his reality. His story is as 'anfractuous' (I notice things like this) as a navigatable passage through a delta swamp-easy to get lost in the details but always moving forward somehow.

I remember throwing a few words into a little game on someone's LJ site-kitsune/tam lin's, I think; a handful of fanfiction folk added to the beginning of a scene the author set-about Tuesdays. Having too many of them in a week. Were you working on your Tuesday thing when that came down? Yours is scary-the other was silly and fun. But the idea of confusion and being lost in time is kinda similar...and I think I know the feeling. It's been awhile, but one doesn't forget that kind of feeling...

It's good to have you back. You've re-entered orbit with a Bang!-this is not the work of someone stuck on a mountain absorbed in the peace of a belly-button-this is a warriors re-entry into the muck of the swamp, stomping through looking for lotus, perhaps! thx mc
Cloud Strife H chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Wow, this was awesome. I love the style of writing you used. It was wonderfully written. _ I like the insight you gave through Cloud's eyes. :) Awesome work.
Kitty-chan and Nya-chan chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Wow, that was powerful! This sums him up in scary ways. The writing was strong and detailed and amazing. Poor Cloud needs therapy.
AquariumJello chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I truly believe that this was the most truthful characterization of Cloud Strife that I have ever read. I love how you painted his personality so perfectly (with his thoughts being such a mess and his emotions in turmoil), all shown with your writing techniques.

In my opinion, Cloud is probably the most complicated and broken up fictional character and there is just so much to him that too often fan fiction does not do him justice. But this piece was just completely wonderful.

Thank you for this.