Reviews for Hearts and Souls
Louey06 chapter 15 . 9/30/2017
This was a great story. Everyone was really in character. I liked how Prometheus and Pegasus got to work together on the end. Very well done
Yola chapter 3 . 7/23/2013
Commenting here because I saw your note for chapter 4. I'm aware this fic is finished and a little old, but I wanted to comment.

What Tony is trying to do - develop prostheses which have a neural connection - already exist and existed as far back as 2001 (search for Jesse Sullivan - he lost both arms when he was electrocuted, and was later given a neuroprosthesis; in 2007 Claudia Mitchell became the fourth person to have this type of procedure). What the main problem is is accessibility - note that between 2001 and 2007 only four people were given that type of prosthetic (and possibly one or two more since then, but I can't guarantee it).

99% of what you've done is reasonable and salvageable, but the whole idea that what he will be doing is groundbreaking is...off base. The issues we have with prosthetic limbs at the moment is things like longevity, energy sources, strength (prosthetic arms are nowhere near as strong as biological arm), reliability (one person was given an artificial heart. He lived for over 500 days when, at the time of his surgery, he was given a 20% chance of living for 30 days. He died due to his AbioCor heart wearing out), dual pathway information (the prostheses get information from the brain and neurons, but they don't necessarily get information back), and above all cost.

Get arc reactor technology (or similar) to power the device? There's your power source. Dual pathway information is and always will be the most difficult area simply because yes, we do need to find someway to transmit the signals back to the biological neurons. If Tony can do that? Awesome - THAT will be your groundbreaking technology.

I admit, I am nowhere near an expert in this field, but I did study biomedical engineering with a side of cybernetics at university (it's my degree field, actually) and I'd like to think I have some foundation in the subject.
purpleann chapter 15 . 1/28/2013
So, picture it: I'm wandering around FFN looking for a nice long Tony/Pepper story that doesn't suck. I decide to rank my search results by "favorites" or "reviews," thinking surely that those with the most will be awesome stories...that didn't work out like I planned. Some of them *were* lovely, but MANY MANY of them were terrible. Unreadable. Imagine my surprise when I came upon YOUR awesome story (which I knew was going to be amazing half way through the first chapter) and yet it doesn't have NEARLY the number of favorites and follows or whatever they are called on this site...! Why, how!? I don't get it. You should have like 300 reviews and 300 favorites.

Anyway I loved your story. I loved how long and plotty and well-written it was. I love how the romance was so realistic, and I love all the details you put into it...describing what everyone looked like, even their accents (I especially loved that part!), and how nice that everyone did not look the same, and like movie stars and fashion models. I love that your story is set in the real world (like the Marvel universe, after all), and that real places, real people, real politics and international issues were included.

I loved your characterizations of everyone, but special props for your Nick Fury, who was especially crotchety and obnoxious and I LOVED him. :)

Great job, thank you!
Dolphindreamer chapter 15 . 5/24/2012
I loved it! A great story with a wonderful plot and excellent characterization. Your merging of engineering and medical technology was inspired and the way you managed to layer all of Tony's responsibilities was realistic- including his stress response to it. Overall great job!
mg513 chapter 15 . 8/31/2011
Im so glad that you're continuing this!
EmmaSnape94 chapter 15 . 8/24/2011
Wow you don't understand how much I loved this fic! I've loved Iron Man for quite a while and about two years ago decided to go into the field of prosthetics. When I found this fic I almost peed my pants in excitement. It has almost every little thing I could ever want in a fanfiction and I've been impressed by your writing since the beginning. I can't wait to read your other stories and the following years of Tony and Pepper's lives. Thank you so much for your amazing work.
jack the shmee chapter 15 . 8/23/2011
Awesome fic all around. I *like* new Tony. :)

Thanks for writing and I hope you're well.
eaglegirl1202 chapter 15 . 8/23/2011
Absolutely loved the story and received a very pleasant surprise at the mentioning of Estonia, my home country :D just wondering what made you think of Estonia? :)
henrylover94 chapter 15 . 8/20/2011
love:D
anarchist-dog-owner chapter 15 . 8/20/2011
Great work as usual! Can't wait for the short stories.
StarkObsessed chapter 15 . 8/19/2011
Bravo! I applaud thee. Cant wait for The Avengers! I am also anxious for your short stories :)
Ponytales chapter 15 . 8/19/2011
Awesome story, I really enjoyed it and I can't wait for the vignettes! Thanks for writing.
StarkObsessed chapter 14 . 8/17/2011
Love this! I hope nothing bad happens on the way back...although that might make for a good story! :) lol Fantastic work!
Ponytales chapter 14 . 8/15/2011
Tony built himself a super team! Awesome...I loved the press conference dialogue with Everhart also. Thanks for writing.
Ponytales chapter 13 . 8/9/2011
Ohhhh...making an honest woman out of Miss Potts. Can't wait. This is a lovely story and I've enjoyed it very much. Please write more.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »