Reviews for Getting Even
End Review chapter 11 . 5/22
I'm glad at least you realize it's messed up, but no. No. God dammit, Romano went back and with the "lemon" and quotation marks around blatant kidnapping, readers will think to themselves on some level, Spain is forgivable. Ha. Hahaha. No. No that's not acceptable or something you forgive. My mother forgives assholes and get a hurt. You go to counseling, you learn, you move on. It hurts, but no.

You tackled a sensitive subject you didn't know enough about and you romanticized it. That's my review. You may argue, "But I went through it and that's why I know about the yearning!" But this doesn't reflect a healthy survivor that wants to save others from the same fate, this represents a toxic survivor who thinks that the only lesson was going through it.

Now the real challenge will be looking at the comments. People dubbing this as a "great Spamano work" or dubbing the lemon as "hot" or missing the violence completely reflects 100% that they missed it.
Critic chapter 4 . 5/22
"Before he really hurt Romano..." I'm sorry, what was all that before? I'm going to come off sounding like a deluded SJW, but none of that was acceptable. It was downright abusive and a severe show of narcissism and unhealthy relationship stylistic. To see that there's BDSM next chapter without a rape warning, clearly means you think Spain's action was acceptable, and if not, you brushed it all off. That ending statement itself is brushing off the meaning of what all just happened.

Spain very badly hurt Romano physically and emotionally. He acted out of line. I'm going to click on the end of the story, and if there's a happy ever after, than I'm adding you to the mental list of ignorant young writers encouraging unhealthy relationships that further young teen's misogynistic or sexist beliefs that their partner has complete control over them.

"Poor Romano D:" is an even worse show that you have no idea how serious or messed up that kind of situation is. So I'll simplify it and let you see.

You're sleeping over at a friend's house and your crush comes over. They scream at you, put you down, and then threaten you and your friend. When you argue with them, they hit you, not once or twice, but repeatedly. They drag you put physically and forcefully, threatening you the whole while.

At that point, you would call the police. They would face corporal punishment or at the very least, you wouldn't stay around if you were sane. In domestic violence relationships, that would be one of the breaking points that snaps victims into taking action to get the flip out.

If this ends happy, again, thank-you in advance for shitting on survivors and people trying to advocate the abolition of healthy romance.
FabulousPinkPony chapter 11 . 8/1/2016
It's nice. Please... Just continue this fanfiction... Even if it's been like... 4 years. :S
ZoeysZone chapter 11 . 4/27/2015
Hey, just wondering, your account said you haf two more chapters for this story I was just wondering if you were still interested or if you're just not feeling it anymore. I want to know, because I don't want to anticipate more if there won't be. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to add this to my following list.
Leo 02 chapter 11 . 2/26/2015
Hi i love this story! i hope you update soon!
LovinoRomaVargas chapter 11 . 1/4/2015
Please. Please. Please Update! this is an amazing story.
jennyVDL93 chapter 11 . 10/31/2014
Damn iiiittttttttt, why you haven't updated yeeettt?
I'm crying in pain.
You can't just let this beautiful story into nowhere dammit!
*cried*
mads chapter 11 . 7/30/2014
two...years...two years...two...years...years...two of them...he said a day...a night... two years... O.O feelings sinking in.
my god.
two years, is so long.
/maybe not for a country but ay.../
two years...
/im only up to that part of the chapter, guess i should go finish reading it now xD/
Madds chapter 10 . 7/30/2014
OH! "i dont know." OH! sad. my god. hyperventilating fangirl here. you my good/great writer are epic.
madds chapter 9 . 7/30/2014
awe... noooo. spain why even?! romanooooo...ahh. man. your a good writer -besides a few typos here and there. i love this and how its going so far .
mads chapter 7 . 7/30/2014
aw...oh...ah...ih...ah... hurt... feelings...poor Romano...
madds chapter 2 . 7/30/2014
awe france is so nice. i wish i had a friend like him.
madds chapter 5 . 7/29/2014
wow, im just gonna say this was pretty goodXD /idontthinktheres a single way tosaythatwithoutsoundingtotallysick./
Guest chapter 11 . 7/21/2014
What! Nooooo... I Incredibly wish there was more! This is really good. I cried.
Please add more!
sparklybutterfly42 chapter 11 . 7/7/2014
please update! this story is so sad yet so amazing!
and i'm super happy you didn't make everything all hunky dory after what happened. i hate when authors are like, "Rape time! now the victim is goona fall in love with his rapist!" it's not that simple!