Reviews for Never Broken
Ninja lover chapter 8 . 3/1
Great set-up chapter.

I can see this happening in a 3 Ninjas movie for sure. A car wash and they're all goofing off... basically a lighthearted scene before the action! The guys' reactions to the girls, Tum Tum getting soaked by the hose, the bad guys watching from the car... all good stuff.

So I definitely noticed that Colt and River were missing from when they were counting the money. When I first read this, I thought they were making out somewhere. What was I thinking! Well, I was obviously wrong. LOL!
Ninja lover chapter 7 . 3/1
Great chapter. The twins cracked me up here; you can definitely see their unique relationship and they play off each other well. Oh, and River has a bit of a temper! But she shut up when Rocky spoke up. It looks like Jet can calm her down, too, but at the same time, he knows his place. I think you found a good balance with your OCs... here, you've proven that they're not, dare I say it, 'Mary Sue or Gary Stu-ish'.

Anyway, cool dynamic you got here between the characters. You've got a knack for writing conversation.

I can definitely see why Peter did what he did. So how old is he? College-age or maybe older? I'm curious how Jet and River know the guy. My imagination is running wild here. LOL.
Ninja lover chapter 6 . 2/28
Call me a sap, but my favorite part of this chapter was the kiss! LOL. That was so... unexpected. But oh-so-good. I didn't think River had it in her. I saw a little bit more of her personality here. She's bold, knows what she wants, and just... goes for it. GO girl!

Just to comment on your A/N. You said you weren't a fight choreographer! LOL. At least you're honest! But me personally, I didn't mind that bit. You left enough detail so the readers can still understand what's going on. Too much detail could be distracting.

And yes, Tum Tum. You look for trouble AND trouble finds you. You're the 3 Ninjas, duh! LOL.
Ninja lover chapter 5 . 2/28
Alright, alright. I just want to let you know that I have read this entire story since my last review. I realize that I didn't leave a single review since Chapter 4 because I really wanted to get through it. SORRY! I will leave my two cents from here on out. AND just to let you know, I LOVED IT!

So I love how you set this up. Sneaking into the warehouse by jumping into boxes... seems like a typical Rocky plan, which is pure genius, of course! Oh, Tum Tum. You crack me up. It's just like him to be picky about a BOX. LOL. And Colt 'splinter on the ass'... that's when I lost it. This chapter just had way too moments. Too good.

P.S. I also noticed that you completed Part Deux. I like reading completed stories because I'm really REALLY impatient. All the more reason to review this one so I can start that one! I'm curious to see where you took this and your characters.
Tessy3 chapter 3 . 9/24/2013
OH, MY GOD! Nell, this was amazing! I loooved it from the very beginning. Love their reactions when they had to wake up that early. Youre a wonderful writer. Im enjoying this too much. Thanks for this story. Im going to keep Reading.

Hugs!
Ninja lover chapter 4 . 9/12/2013
Another great chapter. The Sandwich Shack sounds like a cool place; I wish I had someplace like that to hang out at! Anyway, I like how you set your story up for some action. So Jet and River know a guy... And this guy gets into some trouble... And this guy is now the target of the bad guy...

Where does Rocky, Colt, and Tum Tum fit into all of this? They just HAPPEN to befriend Jet and River so of course, they get thrown into action, too! It would never happen in real life, but that is exactly what made the 3 Ninjas such a fun classic. Deal with it, you guys. The mere fact that you are capable of kicking butt will make you prone for trouble! Hilarious.

And OF COURSE, Colt and River. Yes, you made that predictable. And no, I don't care. I know you threw that in for the romantics. I love it. They are simply adorbs.

Sooo... I'm going to read the next couple of chapters now. I'm glad this story is already complete. I can't imagine waiting for an update! That would be torture. LOL.
Ninja lover chapter 3 . 8/28/2013
This is my favorite chapter so far. Granted, I'm only on the third chapter! I just love the boys' relationship with Grandpa.

I remember those morning tests were always so silly (like an egg to the face). It would make sense that Grandpa would go to this extreme at the end of their ninja training.

I see some Colt/OC romance foreshadowing in this. I'm excited to see where you go with this!

Also, I see that you made them older. It's safe to assume that these events happen after all the movies then...

This was written flawlessly. Well done.
nellsss chapter 12 . 8/26/2013
To Ninja lover: I wish I could PM you, but you're reading as a guest, and I really wanted to reply to your reviews. This was the only way I could think of! Lol. :)

So THANK YOU. Your kind words & constructive criticisms are exactly why I enjoy writing! I appreciate them so much!

As a fan, I wanted to explore this world (the 3 Ninjas world)... but somehow stir whatever creative juices I have & create something new (e.g. OCs. New villain.) without losing what everyone loved about the original 3 Ninjas. I was apprehensive to do this, however, because I feel like anything new gets judged the most. So it makes me really happy that the overall reception has been positive! :)

Anyway, hope you get a chance to see this! Again, lots of thanks! Happy reading! :)
Ninja lover chapter 2 . 8/26/2013
This just keeps getting better and better.

Just thought I would comment on your OCs which you introduced here. Jet and River. Twin ninjas. How much cooler can you get! I'm glad you explained their persona and why/how they got their ninja names. Good intro to the characters, esp OCs. Some writers create OCs and never set up them up for their development. Here, you do. You introduced their situation (they're Grandpa's other students) and briefly, their personalities (ninja names). Major kudos.

Also, you gave us a new villain. That's not easy to do. If I wasn't intrigued and impressed before (I was), I definitely am now!
Ninja lover chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
What a great way to introduce the characters! Awesome first chapter! Also, you write extrremely well. Very descriptive and just... brilliant. Great job.

I'm so glad I found this story! I LOVE 3 NINJAS! I'm definitely going to keep reading!
Tessy3 chapter 2 . 8/2/2013
OH MY GOD! This was soooooooo awesome. I just looooved the idea of Grandpa teaching other students and, no any students but good kids. After all, its not like he trains anyone. I loved the way you described Jet and River, theyre so fresh and cool. It was wonderful, even the dynamic with Sam and Chris. Im so into this story! Nells, welcome back to the site.

Ill keep reading this one before going with its sequel.

CONGRATULATIONS!
Tessy3 chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
OH MY GOD!

Nell, you are so good! I followed your reccomendation and began reading this story before reading One love. Let me tell you, Im quite surprised. You didnt only created a wonderful scene but also gave the ninjas a fresh new look: loooooved the description you made about them, how you talked about their look, their character, but also the relationship between themselves. I was as shocked as them when Grandpa talked in past sense! And i practically jumped of my seat when the battle began! Cant wait to keep reading! Big ninja fan!

Please, I beg you, dont leave your new story or youll break my heart!

kai chapter 12 . 8/7/2012
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS STORY!
Elm Treigh chapter 12 . 7/8/2012
Haha! Oh this story was amazing! It was true to the film. It had action, it had heart, it had passion, and it definitely had laughs! Everything that made the movie awesome was seen in this story. I LOVED it. (That includes your OCs...) Thank you! :)

I tried to review on the first chapter but it seemed that FF was having "technical difficulties" so I'm not sure if you got it or not. If you did, great! If you didn't well at least there's this one right? :)

I also thought your OCs were perfect. I liked them each. I think I liked it more the fact that they were twins. That was awesome! Jet sounds like a more patient Colt and River sounds exactly like a chick that was trained in martial arts but still has that femininity. Most people right female martial artists as either complete bad a** or complete tomboys. You on the other hand, wrote as the perfect balance of girl and martial artist. Like her namesake. :)

Last thing I'd like to comment on is about one of your Author's Note about the boys' ages. You wrote them in their teens (preteen for Tum Tum) because it isn't clear how old they are in the film. I agree witih you there. I love the film! And I have thought about writing a fic of my own, but like you, I want to keep them as canon to the film as possible, including age. So I did a bit of research. Of course, I couldn't find much, seeing as the film isn't as popular as it should be. (more like an underground cult favorite) So with that in mind I decided to try the actors' birthdates.

The actor that plays Rocky would've been 13 when the film was being filmed, though he looked more like 11 maybe 12. The actor playing Colt (my personal favorite ;D) would've been 12, which seemed accurate to me. And the actor that played Tum Tum would've been 8, which also seemed accurate. However, I assume your fic is based after the film so it obviously doesn't matter as much but I figured, if ya wanted to know... *shrugs* :)

I also agree with you that the first 3 Ninjas is the best but I can't deny that I like all three of them: 3 Ninjas: Knuckle Up and 3 Ninjas: Kick Back (though Kick Back and Knuckle Up were released backwards).

Anyway! LOL Enough of my ramblings! Just know that I LOVED this and am gonna check out your other fics for more enjoyment. :) (Congrats on your marriage, by the way.)
ashley chapter 11 . 4/15/2011
great chapter as always! im kinda sad its about to end... i really like this story.. part of me wants u to update faster, but the other part is saying take ur time so it doesn't end, lol jk. ) u def should keep writing. r u gonna put up another story? yes plz! neways, cant wait to see how it ends. ))